Coil shock on an enduro bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Coil shock on an enduro bike
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 27, 2014 at 11:57 Quote
hecop wrote:
jase111171 wrote:
hecop wrote:

No, I've never tried a RS Monarch Plus, but many people say never buy a Rock Shox shock only forks.
Is that true?
just got the CC Dbcoil,to replace my Monarch plus,will let you know how it compares,

Excellent! Now we all are going to know the real difference between air or coil.
what I will say about the monarch is that it's performs very well on technical climbing,let's see if to Ccdb can match it in that department,

Posted: Jul 29, 2014 at 14:50 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
hecop wrote:
jase111171 wrote:
just got the CC Dbcoil,to replace my Monarch plus,will let you know how it compares,

Excellent! Now we all are going to know the real difference between air or coil.
what I will say about the monarch is that it's performs very well on technical climbing,let's see if to Ccdb can match it in that department,

So, did you get your CCDB coil? How does it perform?

Posted: Jul 29, 2014 at 22:11 Quote
hecop wrote:
jase111171 wrote:
hecop wrote:

So, did you get your CCDB coil? How does it perform?
yes it did,it's a fantastic shock,just need to be patient when adjusting it,at the moment got it just about right for descending,plush,stable.still trying to get the slower riding dialled in.if you want a fit and forget shock this probably isn't for you,but if to can get your head around understanding how a shock should feel and work This is the one you want because the performace is stunning compared to the Monarch plus,you don't notice the weight difference either,although the debonair is supposed to be a vast improvement on the old 2013 monarch plus

Posted: Sep 1, 2014 at 18:35 Quote
Im kind of in the same boat as you. I have a 650b converted T2 and l want a new shock. I know, no matter what im going to get it modified by Avalanche. So now i wonder if a coil would be great or an air. Im leaning to a coil right now because , A) they can be picked up sort of cheaply and B) i want low speed plushness...lm not that fast....yet. But the Avalanche air shocks rock the house too. So we'll see

O+
Posted: Sep 2, 2014 at 5:18 Quote
Isn't there a significant difference between air and coil at the end of the stroke? Air ramps up, sometimes rather quickly, but I don't think coils do unless they're designed to be non-linear. Don't some bike designs sort of count on that ramp-up from air shocks?

O+
Posted: Sep 2, 2014 at 20:53 Quote
patwoods wrote:
Isn't there a significant difference between air and coil at the end of the stroke? Air ramps up, sometimes rather quickly, but I don't think coils do unless they're designed to be non-linear. Don't some bike designs sort of count on that ramp-up from air shocks?

I was wondering the same thing. I know quite a few bike's that claim there suspension matches up perfect with the curve of an air shock (Kona process 153 for example) Would going with a coil actually be worse on certain bikes???

Posted: Sep 29, 2014 at 10:39 Quote
nate35 wrote:
patwoods wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. I know quite a few bike's that claim there suspension matches up perfect with the curve of an air shock (Kona process 153 for example) Would going with a coil actually be worse on certain bikes???

a tuned coil can handle that issue, but coil shocks are linear vs progressive compared to air. avalanche can deal with that issue if you got their service and coil is always more sensitive over small chatter

Posted: Sep 29, 2014 at 21:18 Quote
The CCDB coil is meant for the downs, no question to that. But have any of you guys tried climbing with it? Our local trails aren't fully accessible, so we really don't have much of an option but to pedal some of the ups (if not all)..
I'm not thinking of racing xc with it, just getting to the top to enjoy the ride down.
I would appreciate your insights. Thanks.

Posted: Sep 29, 2014 at 22:08 Quote
waltor84 wrote:
The CCDB coil is meant for the downs, no question to that. But have any of you guys tried climbing with it? Our local trails aren't fully accessible, so we really don't have much of an option but to pedal some of the ups (if not all)..
I'm not thinking of racing xc with it, just getting to the top to enjoy the ride down.
I would appreciate your insights. Thanks.
adjust the LSC and LSR to eliminate pedal bob,should be ok,I have one and I have no problem climbing,it's very good on tech climbing if you get it dialled in right.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022393
Mobile Version of Website