Raddest Road/ CycloCross/ Fixed gear/ Touring Thread

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Raddest Road/ CycloCross/ Fixed gear/ Touring Thread
| Next Page
Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 14:38 Quote
I can't see owning a road bike when it seems road bikes these days are trying their hardest to be MTBs.

Yea, drop bars make sense for riding into the wind and different hand positions, but people have ridden thousands of miles on flat bars, too.

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 10:06 Quote
PHeller wrote:
I can't see owning a road bike when it seems road bikes these days are trying their hardest to be MTBs.

Yea, drop bars make sense for riding into the wind and different hand positions, but people have ridden thousands of miles on flat bars, too.

try a true road bike, just once, from your door to the first stop on the route you usually take while riding your MTB to your trails and you'll 'get it'.

They're just plain fast.

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 16:34 Quote
Quinn-39 wrote:
PHeller wrote:

try a true road bike, just once, from your door to the first stop on the route you usually take while riding your MTB to your trails and you'll 'get it'.

They're just plain fast.

I've ridden true road bikes. I own a classic steel 700x26 2x7 bike. Razesa, to be precise.

I've ridden drop bars MTBs and modern gravel bikes. On the road and path, drops bars are fine, but if I'm riding any amount of singletrack, I want normal MTB bars.

I guess I'm thinking of it from my perspective which is that of limited garage space. If I'm going to have a bike taking up space, I want to be able to ride it on wide variety of trail, and despite being surrounded by some of the nations best gravel roads, I don't think I'll be buying a gravel grinder when it seems like everyone is just attaching drop bars to MTBs and calling them such.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016947
Mobile Version of Website