| Next Page
Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 23:10 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
These things just look so wrong....wow.

What abou this one though?

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 0:38 Quote
Short stem, much better.

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 4:20 Quote
I think they look pretty cool. Purposeful, and definitely rad. It’s just not what we’ve been conditioned to appreciate in a bicycle...

Think about it. Most performance vehicles have suspension of some sort, from monster trucks to formula 1 cars. No matter how smooth the road. Why should road bikes be any different? Just because they can get away without it doesn’t mean there isn’t a benefit to be exploited, both in terms of performance and commercially. We have already built bikes to the limits of weight and aero for sanctioned competition... With the increased focus on rider comfort, I could easily see suspension becoming one of the next trends in road cycling, and not just gravel/adventure bikes. Give it time and we will be seeing more of it. Less vibration = faster rolling. Less fatigue = Faster rider.

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 10:54 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
Short stem, much better.

You know what thread you're in, right? Going to see some long stems here.

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 11:57 Quote
Ok, I'll specify: These last two bikes just look so wrong.

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 12:04 Quote
Hey thanks for the positive vibes dude! Really been enjoying them.

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 14:13 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:

>CoolStoryBro.jpeg

I don’t think you understand or belong in this thread, friend.

For the record, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That doesn’t however, mean it’s correct, or that other people care to hear it.

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 22:06 Quote
alreadyupsidedown wrote:
pyromaniac wrote:

>CoolStoryBro.jpeg

I don’t think you understand or belong in this thread, friend.

For the record, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That doesn’t however, mean it’s correct, or that other people care to hear it.

Look at the butthurt Smile

I do like rad bikes, so no idea why I would not belong in this thread. That green Kona looks cool..

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 7:44 Quote
Whatever man. Don't accuse me of being butt hurt as if that’s a bad thing. I am butthurt. Your lack of understanding and tact does indeed bother me, and that’s not really a lot of fun. The whole point of this thread is to appreciate bikes that are ‘interesting’ or ‘desirable’ for a complex variety of reasons, beyond aesthetics. There are plenty of ‘Sexiest X type of bike’ threads already where generic cream of the crop bikes are evaluated for their perfect proportions and beauty.

> Inexpensive under-dog bikes that punch above their league
>Weird conversions and creative reimagining of bikes old and new
>Ugly bikes that get the job done with aplomb
>Unorthodox bikes that provide a unique performance advantage or riding experience

Riding bikes is fun. Having fun is rad. Any bike that encourages having fun is therefor also rad.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 9:22 Quote
Has anyone seen the new Shimano GRX hydro crosstop levers in the flesh yet? Trying to work out if I can use them as a stand alone lever by blanking off the outer hose bit.
I'm going to build a silly fixed gear built around that wheel I posted before and they tie into the whole idea very well.

Failing that is there such a thing as a 31.8 clamp diameter hydro brake lever or will I have to bodge something up? Been looking for ages and haven't found shit.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009929
Mobile Version of Website