Raddest Road/ CycloCross/ Fixed gear/ Touring Thread

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Raddest Road/ CycloCross/ Fixed gear/ Touring Thread
Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 13:26 Quote
Some updates to my fleet of Crockett's

Miami all set for the 3 peaks CX race recently, the durability of the cross boss's proved to be rubbish (race calls for 35c max tyre size), the 36T chainring gave me a 1:1 first gear which did prove valuable however

And the pink one, which is set up for roadie duties with a 10mm longer stem / 2cm narrower bars / slammed front end in comparison with the Miami

Few tweaks at the weekend:

Some 32c gravelkings set up tubeless for winter (replacing 28c gp4000), my word it's comfy
Full fit guards
Thomson seatpost and stem replaced with pro PLT sseatpost and kalloy uno 120mm stem

Pre mudgaurd fitting, the pink one weighed in at 8.7kg, i think the green one is about the same even with its bigger tyres and heavier duty wheels

Both are a total riot to ride!

Posted: Oct 2, 2019 at 3:32 Quote
Nice bikes.

FYI, it's a "gaggle" of Crocketts.

Posted: Mar 7, 2020 at 10:14 Quote
Still coming along. Apparently she fits 50c Maxxlite Speeds. Hell fucking yes.

Kona Libre. Fox AX40.

Posted: Mar 23, 2020 at 6:57 Quote
This is what my faithful gravel/commute/road thang is looking like. Even though I have dedicated commuter and road bikes, this bad boy still sees a ton of use because it's faster and handles better than the commuter, and has cheaper wheels/tires than the road bike. There's probably a lesson there but I choose to ignore it.

Posted: Apr 11, 2020 at 11:33 Quote
My new gravel/bike packing ride. Seriously excited to put some miles on this.

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 11:48 Quote
That's my interpretation of a gravel bike. It's technically my girlfriends' bike, but by swapping seatpost and seat I can fit on it as well. This is my setup.

This is the second frame my girlfriend and I ordered from SingleBe. The experience was quite different to the first one and this one caused some headache during the build. We will not order again.

This is the second frame my girlfriend and I ordered from SingleBe. The experience was quite different to the first one and this one caused some headache during the build. We will not order again.

It's a custom frame from SingleBe and the second frame we ordered there. This one caused some headache during the build and the quality on some of the details as well as the process of having it painted at SingleBe was/is disappointing. The frame is straight and rides nicely, though.

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 13:28 Quote
That is rad. Got some geometry numbers?

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 13:49 Quote
That thing looks sick Pyro! What bars are those?

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 13:54 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
That is rad. Got some geometry numbers?
Sure.
HA 70°
SA 74°
TT 591mm
ST 450mm
HT 122mm
Reach 425mm
CS 425mm
BB height 278mm or 72mm BB drop

I also insisted on getting a custom fork and this has 410mm axle-to-crown length and (just) 40mm of offset.

My favorite parts are the cranks and chainrings. Suntour XC Pro MD's with a 32t ActionTec titanium chainring and a 42t Specialités TA. About 580g with chainring bolts Smile

@scmalex
Bars are OnOne Fleegle Pro's.

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 20:12 Quote
Very nice, looks like fun! I'd love to see more XC Pro bits on there.

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 5:06 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
Very nice, looks like fun! I'd love to see more XC Pro bits on there.

I did want to get an XC Pro front derailleur at first, but they are somewhat epxensive. So it's just the cranks.

Posted: May 23, 2020 at 7:28 Quote
Hi there.
Reaching out for advice in purchasing a bike. I know next to nothing about bikes except that I like to ride them. I currently have a Giant Hybrid bike that I've been riding for about the last 10 years. An upgrade is long overdue. I'm thinking of a road bike...I like the idea of going faster. My budget is $2500, preferably less. I'm 5'7" ... 31" inseam and 115 lbs.
Of the bikes listed on the site, does anyone have any advice or suggestions.
Greatly appreciated.
Karen

Posted: May 23, 2020 at 9:04 Quote
SpecialK71 wrote:
Hi there.
Reaching out for advice in purchasing a bike. I know next to nothing about bikes except that I like to ride them. I currently have a Giant Hybrid bike that I've been riding for about the last 10 years. An upgrade is long overdue. I'm thinking of a road bike...I like the idea of going faster. My budget is $2500, preferably less. I'm 5'7" ... 31" inseam and 115 lbs.
Of the bikes listed on the site, does anyone have any advice or suggestions.
Greatly appreciated.
Karen

You want a gravel bike.

Just a road bike with bigger tires which makes for a more comfortable ride. You can always put smaller tires on. Can't go bigger than the frame allows though.

All the big companies will have one or two in their line-up. $2500 will get you something nice.

Sounds like you're a size medium but try before you buy kind of thing. Support your local bike shop and don't buy one online.

Posted: May 24, 2020 at 5:01 Quote
Local bike shops can also be really helpful when buying your "first" bike. It's easier to find the correct bike when you have somebody personally guiding you. And you will get to try out the bikes.

Posted: May 24, 2020 at 11:53 Quote
My latest project. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Frameset: Rivendell Bleriot 61cm
Headset: Tange Levin Alloy 1”
Stem: Nitto Technomic 90mm
Handlebars: Crust Towel Rack 61cm
Bar Tape: Newbaum’s Cotton
Saddle: Selle Anatomica H2
Seatpost: Nitto Dynamic 626
Levers: Dia-Compe
Brakes: Paul Racer
Brake Pads: Kool Stop Salmon
Straddle Cable Carriers: Paul Moon Unit
Cable Hanger: Paul Funky Monkey 1”
Cables/Housing: Jagwire with brass ferrules
Front Derailleur: Shimano XTR M900
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR M910
Cranks: Shimano XTR M900 175mm
Chainrings: 46/36/26t
Chain: Shimano CN-HG71
Cassette: Sunrace 11-32t 8s
Tires: Ultradynamico Rose Race 650b x 47c
Rims: Velocity Synergy 650b 32h
Hubs: Shimano XTR M900 32h
Spokes: DT Swiss Competition 2.0/1.8/2.0
Pedals: MKS BM-7

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008899
Mobile Version of Website