Lets See Your Knolly

PB Forum :: Knolly
Lets See Your Knolly
Author Message
Posted: Apr 30, 2017 at 14:13 Quote
Ntinos wrote:
[Apologies fot the off topic post.
Which is the proper warden carbon size for 6.2 (1.88m) height? ]

6' tall here and on a large with a 35mm stem. Love it.

Posted: Apr 30, 2017 at 14:37 Quote
Jibbaman28 wrote:
Ntinos wrote:
[Apologies fot the off topic post.
Which is the proper warden carbon size for 6.2 (1.88m) height? ]

6' tall here and on a large with a 35mm stem. Love it.
6' here. Had a 35 mm stem went to a 50mm . Feels much better. Go with the XL frame. You will be happier.

Posted: Apr 30, 2017 at 21:54 Quote
DHeb wrote:
Just finish mine! 2017 Knolly warden

Looking super clean. Very nice build.

Posted: Apr 30, 2017 at 22:11 Quote
OzMike wrote:
deanhempshall wrote:
I've just sold mine. Going back to a hardtail.
Always a sad time letting go of a bike.
Stanton, Cotic, Orange or BTR?

Gone for a Ragley Bluepig. Chain reaction had them on sale so it made sense. Really liked the look of the Stanton but just couldn't stretch that far with budget.

Posted: May 2, 2017 at 6:42 Quote
THE-GUNT wrote:
Jibbaman28 wrote:
Ntinos wrote:
[Apologies fot the off topic post.
Which is the proper warden carbon size for 6.2 (1.88m) height? ]

6' tall here and on a large with a 35mm stem. Love it.
6' here. Had a 35 mm stem went to a 50mm . Feels much better. Go with the XL frame. You will be happier.

I actually went from a 50mm to a 35mm. Feels much better.

Posted: May 2, 2017 at 6:51 Quote
Jibbaman28 wrote:
THE-GUNT wrote:
Jibbaman28 wrote:


6' tall here and on a large with a 35mm stem. Love it.
6' here. Had a 35 mm stem went to a 50mm . Feels much better. Go with the XL frame. You will be happier.

I actually went from a 50mm to a 35mm. Feels much better.

I'm 6' 0" and on a medium with 50mm stem. Am I behind the times?? I like a compact frame and shorter wheelbase to allow more agility. And the medium has a longer reach than the Stanton switchback I was on for the past 2 seasons. Most of my everyday riding doesn't require 155mm travel, so having a more playful feel is more of a priority.

Posted: May 2, 2017 at 7:23 Quote
poncho467 wrote:
Jibbaman28 wrote:
THE-GUNT wrote:
6' here. Had a 35 mm stem went to a 50mm . Feels much better. Go with the XL frame. You will be happier.

I actually went from a 50mm to a 35mm. Feels much better.

I'm 6' 0" and on a medium with 50mm stem. Am I behind the times?? I like a compact frame and shorter wheelbase to allow more agility. And the medium has a longer reach than the Stanton switchback I was on for the past 2 seasons. Most of my everyday riding doesn't require 155mm travel, so having a more playful feel is more of a priority.

Med with a 50, Large with a 35. To each their own. I went shorter stem on the large because steering felt a bit more responsive for trail riding, but I like the longer wheel base. I came from a Large Capra with a 50 stem prior, and it was still shorter reach than the Warden with the 35.

Posted: May 2, 2017 at 8:18 Quote
Jibbaman28 wrote:
poncho467 wrote:
Jibbaman28 wrote:


I actually went from a 50mm to a 35mm. Feels much better.

I'm 6' 0" and on a medium with 50mm stem. Am I behind the times?? I like a compact frame and shorter wheelbase to allow more agility. And the medium has a longer reach than the Stanton switchback I was on for the past 2 seasons. Most of my everyday riding doesn't require 155mm travel, so having a more playful feel is more of a priority.

Med with a 50, Large with a 35. To each their own. I went shorter stem on the large because steering felt a bit more responsive for trail riding, but I like the longer wheel base. I came from a Large Capra with a 50 stem prior, and it was still shorter reach than the Warden with the 35.

I'm 6' 0" on a large with a 50mm stem, it fits me well with the 50mm. I ve never given a second thought to another frame size because it fits me like a glove and is suited well to the type of riding I do.
Again I should have ridden the fat bike
I avoid riding in the snow as much as possible but this spring it was unavoidable

Posted: May 8, 2017 at 3:09 Quote
Still in love with this thing.
Made some changes for this season.
Felt a bit cramped even though large frame suggested perfect fit, so set the shock in steeper mode and changed cockpit to Renthal.
Vinyl wrapped branding and plasti sparyed some bits on the fork.



Added a dropper which was laying around for more comfort when shuttling...
Thinking of over shocking it as Knolly guys do it without issue. Will see how it handles in the Alps.

Posted: May 8, 2017 at 7:27 Quote
Looks so nice. Been dying to throw my leg over a large or XL but have only met a guy with a medium.

Posted: May 8, 2017 at 12:38 Quote
My Warden. Such a great bike and although I miss my Podium this thing handles DH and the bike park incredibly well.

Posted: May 9, 2017 at 1:48 Quote
mdg3d wrote:
Looks so nice. Been dying to throw my leg over a large or XL but have only met a guy with a medium.

Thank you Sir.
You are mostly welcome in the Alps in July. You can have a go on mine Smile .

Posted: May 9, 2017 at 1:54 Quote
mdg3d wrote:
My Warden. Such a great bike and although I miss my Podium this thing handles DH and the bike park incredibly well.

Lovely one, Knollys are such a rad bikes.
Was thinking of getting an Endo, replacing my Strive, but I am not sure on sizing too. Possibly large but I have heard they are running smallish even though numbers suggest otherwise...

Posted: May 9, 2017 at 6:15 Quote
Csaszi78 wrote:

Lovely one, Knollys are such a rad bikes.
Was thinking of getting an Endo, replacing my Strive, but I am not sure on sizing too. Possibly large but I have heard they are running smallish even though numbers suggest otherwise...

Ive got a large warden and Im roughly 6ft.

Previous bikes have been a Specialized Enduro and Banshee Rune.
The rune & enduro definitely felt roomier than the warden, but Im finding I enjoy the fit of the warden better, feels more nimble in the corners for sure.

Posted: May 12, 2017 at 12:30 Quote
OzMike wrote:
Csaszi78 wrote:

Lovely one, Knollys are such a rad bikes.
Was thinking of getting an Endo, replacing my Strive, but I am not sure on sizing too. Possibly large but I have heard they are running smallish even though numbers suggest otherwise...

Ive got a large warden and Im roughly 6ft.

Previous bikes have been a Specialized Enduro and Banshee Rune.
The rune & enduro definitely felt roomier than the warden, but Im finding I enjoy the fit of the warden better, feels more nimble in the corners for sure.

Thanks Oz, just found out Workscomponents is coming out with a proper reach adjust headset for tapered head tube. Finger crossed.
Most probably Knollys feel smallish because of their pretty low stack height, I am not sure. Anyway Knolly love still exists Smile


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010675
Mobile Version of Website