Lets See Your Knolly

PB Forum :: Knolly
Lets See Your Knolly
Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 10:21 Quote
AntonOP wrote:
Csaszi78 wrote:
AntonOP wrote:

I do have a longer shock in it to give me 188mm of travel in the rear and an angle headset, I was thinking single crowns to save weight so it will be a little easier to climb, but probably won't be for awhile, now it's just a sick Freeride rig

That's what I have been thinking about, long shock it. Currently I am happy with the X2 but once I do different shock that will be coil and long :-).
Bike is just mint even with dual on. I have a dropper and large casette, it's not a trail bike that's for sure but can climb up if no chairlift.
To be honest I don't take it anywhere without chairlift ;-).
It's really a fun bike with dual up front in the Alps. Can do all day long lap after lap....
Only thing what Knolly could change is stack height, not a fan of low stack height bikes...
Enjoy it and let us know what do you think....

Definitely going to run the dual crowns for awhile, but have fun installing the angle headset when you long shock it! Haha
Tell me more about the angleset Sir, what the verdict with it

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 10:57 Quote
Csaszi78 wrote:
AntonOP wrote:
Csaszi78 wrote:

That's what I have been thinking about, long shock it. Currently I am happy with the X2 but once I do different shock that will be coil and long :-).
Bike is just mint even with dual on. I have a dropper and large casette, it's not a trail bike that's for sure but can climb up if no chairlift.
To be honest I don't take it anywhere without chairlift ;-).
It's really a fun bike with dual up front in the Alps. Can do all day long lap after lap....
Only thing what Knolly could change is stack height, not a fan of low stack height bikes...
Enjoy it and let us know what do you think....

Definitely going to run the dual crowns for awhile, but have fun installing the angle headset when you long shock it! Haha
Tell me more about the angleset Sir, what the verdict with it

I got one from works components, 1.5, instead from cane creek which is 200 bucks, and apparently has a problem with creeking, and you have to match and align the top and bottom cup EXACTLY, which proves to be quite difficult

Posted: Mar 10, 2018 at 12:33 Quote

Lets see how she handles with the 170 Ribbon coil. Last pic before being stuffed into a bag. Rotorua on Wednesday. Crankworx or bust.

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 15:11 Quote
Jibbaman28 wrote:

Lets see how she handles with the 170 Ribbon coil. Last pic before being stuffed into a bag. Rotorua on Wednesday. Crankworx or bust.

Im thinking about putting 170mm in front of mine as well let me know how you like it vs 160mm

Posted: Mar 14, 2018 at 3:15 Quote
All set for this years riding/racing

Sliding around in the local loam... Warden carbon Fox 36 rc2 All ready for a year of racing riding

Posted: Mar 16, 2018 at 16:38 Quote
Few things to clean up still, but was finally able to take the delirium out for a quick 2 minute ride on the street.
I have a winter wheel/tire setup on right now.

2017 delirium XL
'17 Lyrik rct3 boost 180mm 42mm offset
Raceface AR40 boost front wheel - NN 2.6 skakeskin apex trailstar
Hope pro 4 / Flow MK3 rear wheel - NN 2.35 snakeskin trailstar
Hope Tech V4 braided lines - hope floating rotors 203/180
CCDB Air CS (fresh rebuild)
RF turbine dropper
Sram GX 11 speed
Absolute black oval 34 (barely any chainstay clearance)
Sixc cranks
DMR vault pedals
Nukeprook bar 31.8 780 38 rise
Nukeproof stem 31.8 diameter 35mm length

For the bike park I'll switch the front wheel to a pro 4 / Mk3, and the tires to magic Mary's.
Front is a 2.35 SG Addix purple, and the rear is a 2.35 SG trailstar.

Delirium winter setup

Posted: Mar 16, 2018 at 21:15 Quote
That Delerium is sick. Been considering the V4’s for the DH rig. I have a set of pro 4/Flow MK3’s on my Warden. Love em. I’m assuming the Lyrik is 170?

Posted: Mar 16, 2018 at 21:27 Quote
[Quote="marcoroy"]
Jibbaman28 wrote:

Im thinking about putting 170mm in front of mine as well let me know how you like it vs 160mm[/Qoute]

Finally made it to Rotorua and first ride is in on the Ribbon Coil. Gotta say this thing is awesome. Really can’t say I noticed the weight difference over the air fork, or any downside to the 10mm of added travel, but it was def smooth as coils typically are. Can’t comment on the big hits or jumps yet, though. Pretty much just did a few flowy singletracks, and some gnarly enduro style decents after some lengthy fire road climbs. But I’m def a fan so far.

Posted: Mar 17, 2018 at 5:59 Quote
Jibbaman28 wrote:
That Delerium is sick. Been considering the V4’s for the DH rig. I have a set of pro 4/Flow MK3’s on my Warden. Love em. I’m assuming the Lyrik is 170?

Lyrik is 180mm.
I sold the stock non boost lyrik rc and picked up a rct3 boost for a good price.
Had the spike race 33 wheelset that I picked up the boost adapters for for the new boost fork, but then I sold that wheelset.
The ar40 is my buddy's wheel that I'm
borrowing until I get a new boost pro4 / mk3 built.

I sold my zee brakes and icetech rotors and picked the v4s up. hopefully they're as good as people say they are.

Posted: Mar 24, 2018 at 20:50 Quote

Yary 160 with a Monarch plus c Debonair in the back. Race Face Aeffect wheel set. SLX 46 c an Aeffect 28 tooth crank. It can climb like my 29er, save for the odd rock or root bed that snags the 650Bs. Aeffect stem and bar...Turbine dropper, and I'll be throwing the SLX brakes and routers on the trail bike to make room for some XTs.
Yeah those are Chester flats. No complaints.

Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 18:25 Quote
Just for fun, and because im bored waiting for spring to come... Warden with 3 inch Nobby Nics on standard Enve M70Thirty wheels..
Knolly Warden with 3 inch Nobby Nic plus tires on Enve M70Thirty wheels

I don't intend to ride it like this, just curious what it would look like and if it would fit.
clearance is tight and would not work in the mud but it doesn't rub on the frame at all.

Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 18:54 Quote
Holy balloon tires Batman

Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 19:55 Quote
craigjtopley wrote:
Just for fun, and because im bored waiting for spring to come... Warden with 3 inch Nobby Nics on standard Enve M70Thirty wheels..

I don't intend to ride it like this, just curious what it would look like and if it would fit.
clearance is tight and would not work in the mud but it doesn't rub on the frame at all.

I always looked at my Warden and thought it had massive clearance, but never realised it could be that much.

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.041563
Mobile Version of Website