photo
My Chilcotin
26 rocks! (for nowtup )

Posted: Aug 31, 2020 at 16:43 Quote
disidenteX wrote:
photo
My Chilcotin
26 rocks! (for nowtup )
I used to have a yellow Chili. I loved that bike!

O+
Posted: Sep 5, 2020 at 23:23 Quote
photo

My adopted Knolly Warden. Proud parent.

O+
Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 15:17 Quote
Here is my 2012 Podium!
photo

O+
Posted: May 6, 2021 at 7:52 Quote
has anyone tried ordering spare parts from Knolly recently? how have the results been?

O+
Posted: May 6, 2021 at 10:48 Quote
skivt27 wrote:
has anyone tried ordering spare parts from Knolly recently? how have the results been?

Slow, but I received them. It took about 3 weeks for them to ship the part, but once it was in transit it arrived quickly.

Posted: May 6, 2021 at 11:47 Quote
Bought a couple frames last fall and got them real quick, under two weeks to OR

Posted: May 6, 2021 at 17:23 Quote
There was update from Knolly last week

Throughout last year and especially during the past 4 months, our staff have been working incredibly hard to react aptly to not only rapidly changing industry lead times but also they have been performing under the current provincial health restrictions. This has been a monumental challenge and I am incredibly proud of our staff, especially those on the front lines who have physically been managing our operations and inventory. At the moment, our local health community is under tremendous strain with new COVID variants and multiple restrictions in place. My number one priority is to keep our staff safe, and as such I have made the decision to limit the number of staff at the office at any one time so that we can maintain the appropriate social distancing needed while also adhering to COVID safety measures. Thank you all for understanding.

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 19:31 Quote
Unfortunately I no longer have a Knolly to post, but I'm trying to remedy that! I do have a few questions for those of you with the current gen Warden/Warden LT.

I'm about 186-187cm tall (around 6'2" or so). I recently took a quick parking lot cruise of a 2020 Warden LT in size L )500 reach) and it felt fairly cramped to me. I have the opportunity to check out an XL a few hours away but just looking at the geo it seems like it might end up being quite a significant jump up from the large frame.

Is there anyone here around my height that can weigh in on how they're getting on with their L/XL frames, what made you choose the size that you did etc...

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 2:41 Quote
^ Most likely XL. Im 177cm on a medium and I could prolly ride a L as well (reach on M is already 475mm), but using the Warden/Delirium as my all rounder hence the medium size.

O+
Posted: May 19, 2021 at 10:25 Quote
jrvolk wrote:
Unfortunately I no longer have a Knolly to post, but I'm trying to remedy that! I do have a few questions for those of you with the current gen Warden/Warden LT.

I'm about 186-187cm tall (around 6'2" or so). I recently took a quick parking lot cruise of a 2020 Warden LT in size L )500 reach) and it felt fairly cramped to me. I have the opportunity to check out an XL a few hours away but just looking at the geo it seems like it might end up being quite a significant jump up from the large frame.

Is there anyone here around my height that can weigh in on how they're getting on with their L/XL frames, what made you choose the size that you did etc...
I am 6'1 and recently spent some time on a Chilcotin 151 (492mm reach with a 50mm stem). It felt a little cramped in the parking lot due to the steep seat tube angle, but very roomy when standing and descending out on the trail, almost too long for my taste. I am currently on a large Fugitive with a 477mm reach and 50mm stem and it feels great to me. A Chilcotin with a 35mm length stem would be the same overall cockpit length as my Fugitive, but I personally prefer a 50mm stem to help weight the front wheel and keep the wheelbase length in check.

Take this with a grain of salt as I'm a bit shorter than you and tend to favour more agile bikes over plow monsters, but I have run everything from a 443 to 492mm reach in the last couple years and for me, 460-475mm reach with a 50-60mm stem seems like the sweet spot for a bike that can do a bit of everything (trail to DH). If I were you, I would probably go L unless I was racing and prioritized speed over everything else. IMO, the trend toward these hugely long bikes is a great confidence booster and they can be very fast, but you definitely lose some flickability and fun.

This is a big purchase and I would say it's definitely worth it to spend a day driving to test the XL too. That is the best way to get an accurate idea of each, vs. listening to jabronis like me on the internet. Depends what you want it for - jumping, all-around riding, pure DH smashing, etc.? Horses for courses...

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 14:41 Quote
scotteh wrote:
for me, 475mm reach with a 50mm stem seems like the sweet spot for a bike that can do a bit of everything (trail to DH).

Breh howd you read my head? 470, 475mm reach is my IDEAL reach, even if Im 3in shorter, lol.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017776
Mobile Version of Website