Lets See Your Knolly

PB Forum :: Knolly
Lets See Your Knolly
O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2023 at 7:19 Quote
White looks so clean!

O+
Posted: Nov 14, 2023 at 13:59 Quote
Apologies for the shit photos, but I've updated my Chilcotin 167 and finally starting to really like it. Main changes are:

1. Fox DHX2 coil with Cascade Components MX eyelet which allows you to mullet the bike while roughly preserving the stock geometry (unlike just slapping a 27.5 wheel in, which makes it too slack, bb too low, etc.). I find the small back wheel makes the bike way more flickable / fun and gives better butt clearance in the steep. I would prefer an air shock, but the coil suits the bike and I have a Sprindex coil which overcomes the main drawback of coil shocks (IMO) by allowing fine tuning of the spring rate.

2. +1* Works Components Angleset which allows me to run the bike in the Slack setting for the more progressive suspension and longer chainstay without being too slack. I don't love sub-64* HTAs, even at the bike park, as I find it can be difficult to keep the front wheel weighted on a frame with such long reach (490mm).

photo

photo

Currently sitting at 37.2lbs with an all-aluminum build / coil shock / real tires:
- Large Knolly Chilcotin
- Fox 38 @ 170 travel
- Renthal Fatbar 31.8 20 rise
- Renthal Apex 40 length
- Shimano Saint brakes w/ 200 rotors F&R
- Fox DHX2 w/ CC MX eyelet & Sprindex coil (I weigh 180lbs and 475# is a good mix of traction and pop)
- Shimano XT M8000 11-speed drivetrain (165 cranks)
- OneUp Dropper @ 200
- Specialized Phenom 155 saddle
- Race Face Turbine R 35 wheels
- Maxxis Assegai 2.5 & DHR II 2.4 (both Double Down)

It's a beast but we've got the terrain for it around here - absolute blast on the steep and chunky stuff, and it jumps quite well. For reference, I'm 6" with a 6'4" reach and I find the bike a bit too long but manageable. Ideally it would be ~15mm shorter, but I'm happy enough as-is.

Posted: Nov 17, 2023 at 16:38 Quote
og-squid-mtb wrote:
Knolly Warden Carbon
I miss this bike . Its the best bike Knolly has ever made .

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2023 at 18:10 Quote
I miss my old Warden and Endorphin too…getting the 27.5 itch again…

O+
Posted: Nov 23, 2023 at 16:03 Quote
scotteh wrote:
I miss my old Warden and Endorphin too…getting the 27.5 itch again…
Said f*ck it and pulled the trigger on a raw medium that I will run as dual 27.5 x 160/150 with a 37 offset fork. Stoked!

Very curious to see how a modern geo 27.5 will handle…feel like I never gave 27.5 a fair shake as I’ve been on 29 since bikes got longer/lower/slacker with short offsets. The last 27.5 I rode was my old large Endo, which is quite short/steep by today’s standards. In comparison, the new medium has +4 reach, +25 stack, +5 chainstay, -2.5* HTA, and +47 wheelbase.

I think these changes will be positive all around, really happy about the longer headtubes and chainstays. The higher stack will let me run a shorter stem while still giving a longer "effective" reach than the old version since it won't be shortened by steerer spacers. Should be more roomy in the cockpit and stable at speed, hopefully without losing what made the old bike so fun!

Posted: Dec 24, 2023 at 15:17 Quote
Still have my 2020 Delirium in storage. Never letting go of that frame. Prolly build it up again in 2024. Ran it mullet and its one of the best lt trail bikes Ive ever had.

Posted: Dec 24, 2023 at 19:52 Quote
boylagz wrote:
Still have my 2020 Delirium in storage. Never letting go of that frame. Prolly build it up again in 2024. Ran it mullet and its one of the best lt trail bikes Ive ever had.
Regret selling mine

O+
Posted: Dec 27, 2023 at 4:55 Quote
miss my warden carbon for sure. that bike was so playful and cornered so well. belonged to boylagz before it was mine

photo

still have the frame hanging in the garage as art

Posted: Dec 27, 2023 at 10:06 Quote
skivt27 wrote:
miss my warden carbon for sure. that bike was so playful and cornered so well. belonged to boylagz before it was mine

photo

still have the frame hanging in the garage as art

Bruh I still have mine with a cracked lower shock mount. Lol. That carbon frame was pretty fragile we gotta be honest. Looked good doe.

Posted: Jan 13, 2024 at 8:15 Quote
Knollys

my yellow2014 and buddys 2015

Posted: Jan 13, 2024 at 10:27 Quote
BrockTunkow wrote:
Knollys

my yellow2014 and buddys 2015

Noice...

O+
Posted: Feb 21, 2024 at 6:20 Quote
Just built this Fugitive up I got from Knolly's sale back in January. I've been riding a 27.5" Rocky Mountain Altitude since '18, so this should be a big change. I'm a little nervous going with a bike that has less suspension travel.

photo
photo
photo
photo

O+
Posted: Feb 21, 2024 at 7:08 Quote
Looks great! Having ridden both, I wouldn't worry about it. It's a different ride experience (long travel + small wheels vs. short travel + big wheels), but the Fugitive is extremely capable. I ride mine pretty much everywhere here on the Shore. Having ridden a bit in Bozeman, I actually think the Fugitive is a better match for your local terrain than the Altitude. Enjoy!

O+
Posted: Feb 22, 2024 at 8:07 Quote
jaid74 wrote:
Just built this Fugitive up I got from Knolly's sale back in January. I've been riding a 27.5" Rocky Mountain Altitude since '18, so this should be a big change. I'm a little nervous going with a bike that has less suspension travel.

photo
photo
photo
photo

Looks really clean man! I was riding a Fugitive LT before I ended up w my chilly on warrenty. Thought it was a really good all a-rounder and I never had an issue keeping up to my friends on enduro bikes. Good luck!

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2024 at 21:36 Quote
I present the Chilpodium - just moved to Whistler and went full stupid with a Dorado, also running a CC MX eyelet for 27.5 rear wheel.

Not noticeably heavier than the 38 and geometry change feels great. Shortened reach to ~480 due to taller a2c which I like because it lets me run a 45 stem instead of the 31 I had before. The slightly longer 48 rake offsets the slacker head angle so steering feels very similar. Plus slightly higher bb should mean fewer pedal strikes. Seems like it’s gonna slap pretty hard in the park.

photo

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019849
Mobile Version of Website