2015 Fox 40 RC2 vs 2015 Boxxer Wc

PB Forum :: Downhill
2015 Fox 40 RC2 vs 2015 Boxxer Wc
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2014 at 14:40 Quote
I'm currently looking to get a new set of dual crown forks. I was set on getting a set of 2015 fox 40s, but since Rs have announced the new charger damper I am kind of stuck for choice.
Choice = Fox 40 Rc2 or Boxxer Wc
Any opinions will be much appreciated.
Thanks,

Charlie

Posted: Jun 12, 2014 at 10:47 Quote
boxxer, no doubts, im biased as i dont like the way 40's feel, although ive only used them briefly, i have ridden pikes extensively, and every thing else feels crap, get the coil spring version, it will feel awesome!

Posted: Jun 12, 2014 at 10:55 Quote
charliecar wrote:
I'm currently looking to get a new set of dual crown forks. I was set on getting a set of 2015 fox 40s, but since Rs have announced the new charger damper I am kind of stuck for choice.
Choice = Fox 40 Rc2 or Boxxer Wc
Any opinions will be much appreciated.
Thanks,

Charlie
I would get the 40 as there is no real world reviews of a 15 boxxer yet. Typically its best to wait for the second year of a new product so the manufacturer can work out any bugs. The 40 is pretty proven you know it will work good, whereas you think the boxxer should work well. The few reviews ive read of people who have installed the charger damper in the previous chasis boxxer have been less then stellar.

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2014 at 11:29 Quote
Thanks for the help guys. It's much appreciated.
I am definitely edging more towards the 40s now. It will be a nice change as I currently am using 2012 boxxer wcs.
Thanks again

Charlie

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2014 at 23:06 Quote
I would buy the boxxer. New charger damper, black sanctions. I mean yeah it's the first year but boxxers are pretty bomb proof. If you really don't like it then you can sell them and but the 40 if you have the extra cash. The 40 isn't getting as much of a revamp as the boxxers are. I would go for the boxxer. If you feel like you are going to hate the boxxer ride it someone will have it. See how you like it. If you still hate it then Go for the 40s. You can't really go wrong with either.

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2014 at 23:08 Quote
I mean if I hated them I couldn't do anything about it because I don't have the extra money but for me personally I think the boxxer is the best choice but that's my opinion. Different forks for different folks.

Posted: Jul 7, 2014 at 8:08 Quote
wattersto08 wrote:
boxxer, no doubts, im biased as i dont like the way 40's feel, although ive only used them briefly, i have ridden pikes extensively, and every thing else feels crap, get the coil spring version, it will feel awesome!

did you tune them for your weight and riding?
Impossible to discount a suspension product if its not tuned.

Posted: Jul 24, 2014 at 14:16 Quote
i had a day on them and fiddled with them in the alps throughout, i just couldnt get them tuned nicely, the spring was ok for my weight, if not a bit light, but like i said, im just a boxxer nerd Wink

Posted: Aug 31, 2014 at 1:16 Quote
charliecar wrote:
Thanks for the help guys. It's much appreciated.
I am definitely edging more towards the 40s now. It will be a nice change as I currently am using 2012 boxxer wcs.
Thanks again

Charlie

In my opinion you should demo both of them first.
Because we talk about a brand new product here. Even the 40s already have reviews out there, i think the best way to decide which one you would buy is to demo them.
We don't know before we try it.

morrisgabriel wrote:
I would buy the boxxer. New charger damper, black sanctions. I mean yeah it's the first year but boxxers are pretty bomb proof. If you really don't like it then you can sell them and but the 40 if you have the extra cash. The 40 isn't getting as much of a revamp as the boxxers are. I would go for the boxxer. If you feel like you are going to hate the boxxer ride it someone will have it. See how you like it. If you still hate it then Go for the 40s. You can't really go wrong with either.

I think you are wrong here dude.
Both of them is at $1700-is range on Jenson's (for 26" wheels).
I don't know if another store offer more or less from jenson's.

Posted: Sep 15, 2014 at 9:35 Quote
I just got a 2015 Boxxer WC (ebay $1289 sweet effin deal). This was a replacement for my 2011 Marz 888 RC3 Evo.
I have ridden a friend's Fox 40 Float.

I must admit the new air spring and charger damper feels phenomenal. It's more plush and responsive as my old 888. I currently have 1 token in the air chamber and will most likely add a second (3 are provided in the box). I seemed to have bottomed it out after doing phantom drop at Mountain Creek. Although I did not feel a harsh bottom-out, the rubber O-ring indicated otherwise. Travel was smooth and controlled through rock gardens and braking bumps. I definitely found myself going faster in technical sections I normally did slower. My hands were not at all fatigued. So happy to be able to feel and move my fingers at the end of a run.

Tuning is insanely simple, 1 compression and 1 rebound knob. All you have to do is set your air spring pressure (air pump is provided) to your weight. I just hope its as reliable as my old 888.

RockShox definitely has made a killer fork.

OLD - 2011 Marzocchi 888 RC3 Evo NEW - 2015 RockShox Boxxer World Cup
photo
photo

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 20:19 Quote
Can't decide on these two either..

Can't find any reviews on the 2015 Fox 40

Anyone else wanna add to the conversation?

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 at 5:05 Quote
I ride the 2015 Boxxer Wc and I´m pretty happy with it. Before I owned a 2013 Fox 40 and a 2014 Dorado and I rode a friend´s 40 Float. Imo the boxxer is the best. It´s very easy to tune it to your personal preference and it´s pretty light. Last pro is the price. A 40 is much more expensive, so it isn´t worth it to spend much more money in a 40 which isn´t better than the Boxxer.

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 at 9:10 Quote
Gabber wrote:
I ride the 2015 Boxxer Wc and I´m pretty happy with it. Before I owned a 2013 Fox 40 and a 2014 Dorado and I rode a friend´s 40 Float. Imo the boxxer is the best. It´s very easy to tune it to your personal preference and it´s pretty light. Last pro is the price. A 40 is much more expensive, so it isn´t worth it to spend much more money in a 40 which isn´t better than the Boxxer.

is it true that 2015 wc better than dorado??

I am about to buy my first dc, and these two are my target. Actually I am considering marzocchi too, but no one sell it in my place.

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 at 11:54 Quote
In comparison to the Dorado I like the Boxxer more. Biggest pro for me is the weight, but also the Dorado´s loss of travel. The more you ride with is the more travel gets lost. I rode it with only a little bit of air pressure and even after a few rides I had about 20-30mm less travel.

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 at 14:57 Quote
I really like the X-fusion RV-1s. Seriously good fork.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015171
Mobile Version of Website