2015 Fox 40 RC2 vs 2015 Boxxer Wc

PB Forum :: Downhill
2015 Fox 40 RC2 vs 2015 Boxxer Wc
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 22, 2014 at 15:16 Quote
Marshall8 wrote:
I really like the X-fusion RV-1s. Seriously good fork.

Was just looking at vital's review on them. Wish they came with the right springs.. really not into buying and waiting for multiple springs to figure out which one works..wonder what street price really is on them? EBay they want 1200plus.. i can get the 2015 40's for that..

Posted: Sep 23, 2014 at 17:54 Quote
manachim wrote:
Gabber wrote:
I ride the 2015 Boxxer Wc and I´m pretty happy with it. Before I owned a 2013 Fox 40 and a 2014 Dorado and I rode a friend´s 40 Float. Imo the boxxer is the best. It´s very easy to tune it to your personal preference and it´s pretty light. Last pro is the price. A 40 is much more expensive, so it isn´t worth it to spend much more money in a 40 which isn´t better than the Boxxer.

is it true that 2015 wc better than dorado??

I am about to buy my first dc, and these two are my target. Actually I am considering marzocchi too, but no one sell it in my place.

Yeah, it's the same here.
Indonesia has many talented rider, but it's hard for us that not a national or sponsored athelete to buy or at least consider to buy a bike products.

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 at 2:26 Quote
charliecar wrote:
I'm currently looking to get a new set of dual crown forks. I was set on getting a set of 2015 fox 40s, but since Rs have announced the new charger damper I am kind of stuck for choice.
Choice = Fox 40 Rc2 or Boxxer Wc
Any opinions will be much appreciated.
Thanks,

Charlie

So which one u bough in the end ?Are u happy with it ? I also one a demo and I have to choose between boxxer wc and 40`s. Smile thanks

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 at 7:31 Quote
umbodie wrote:
I just got a 2015 Boxxer WC (ebay $1289 sweet effin deal). This was a replacement for my 2011 Marz 888 RC3 Evo.
I have ridden a friend's Fox 40 Float.

I must admit the new air spring and charger damper feels phenomenal. It's more plush and responsive as my old 888. I currently have 1 token in the air chamber and will most likely add a second (3 are provided in the box). I seemed to have bottomed it out after doing phantom drop at Mountain Creek. Although I did not feel a harsh bottom-out, the rubber O-ring indicated otherwise. Travel was smooth and controlled through rock gardens and braking bumps. I definitely found myself going faster in technical sections I normally did slower. My hands were not at all fatigued. So happy to be able to feel and move my fingers at the end of a run.

Tuning is insanely simple, 1 compression and 1 rebound knob. All you have to do is set your air spring pressure (air pump is provided) to your weight. I just hope its as reliable as my old 888.

RockShox definitely has made a killer fork.

OLD - 2011 Marzocchi 888 RC3 Evo NEW - 2015 RockShox Boxxer World Cup

Do you happen to have a picture of the air pressure chart?

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 at 12:26 Quote
https://sram-cdn-pull-zone-gsdesign.netdna-ssl.com/cdn/farfuture/VTrGiwFIdGcYxeCeANPgouRtCg-3dRjMPXSWUxpdQlE/mtime:1399653746/sites/default/files/techdocs/gen0000000004671_rev_b_rockshox_oil_air_and_coil_chart_2015.pdf

U can find it here

r
Downhill502 wrote:
umbodie wrote:
I just got a 2015 Boxxer WC (ebay $1289 sweet effin deal). This was a replacement for my 2011 Marz 888 RC3 Evo.
I have ridden a friend's Fox 40 Float.

I must admit the new air spring and charger damper feels phenomenal. It's more plush and responsive as my old 888. I currently have 1 token in the air chamber and will most likely add a second (3 are provided in the box). I seemed to have bottomed it out after doing phantom drop at Mountain Creek. Although I did not feel a harsh bottom-out, the rubber O-ring indicated otherwise. Travel was smooth and controlled through rock gardens and braking bumps. I definitely found myself going faster in technical sections I normally did slower. My hands were not at all fatigued. So happy to be able to feel and move my fingers at the end of a run.

Tuning is insanely simple, 1 compression and 1 rebound knob. All you have to do is set your air spring pressure (air pump is provided) to your weight. I just hope its as reliable as my old 888.

RockShox definitely has made a killer fork.

OLD - 2011 Marzocchi 888 RC3 Evo NEW - 2015 RockShox Boxxer World Cup

Do you happen to have a picture of the air pressure chart?

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016567
Mobile Version of Website