Best Combo of tubeless tyres (front and rear) for 'Enduro' racing

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Best Combo of tubeless tyres (front and rear) for 'Enduro' racing
| Next Page
Posted: Jul 22, 2015 at 15:41 Quote
I run a Vigilante tough high grip on the front

Posted: Jul 22, 2015 at 16:10 Quote
Vittoria ( used to be Geax) Goma TNT. Good rolling and good cornering. I use front and back asidle threads are ramped!! Bit heavy at 860 grams but work well all around.

Posted: Jul 22, 2015 at 16:11 Quote
Sorry didn't see the racing part, probably too heavy for racing

Posted: Jul 22, 2015 at 16:38 Quote
iskysoma01 wrote:
Sorry didn't see the racing part, probably too heavy for racing

Um nah you don't want to be light for Enduro racing. The weight is probably about right and some would prefer it a bit heavier.

Posted: Jul 23, 2015 at 7:40 Quote
Loved hr2's front and rear myself cos I want grip and would definitely go back to them. Just got michelin griprs in cos the high rollers are a little worn so ill see how I get on with them.

Posted: Jul 23, 2015 at 10:51 Quote
madcracker79 wrote:
Loved hr2's front and rear myself cos I want grip and would definitely go back to them. Just got michelin griprs in cos the high rollers are a little worn so ill see how I get on with them.

I've been changing tyres a lot for the past 8 years and it's amazing how many super soft multiple compound rubbers just aren't even as good on wet rocks and roots as a Highroller2 60a. Mavic Charge and Magic Mary Trailstar and even Hans dampf come to mind.

The difference is so much that I've ordered a Highroller2 3c for the front to help with my extremely rooty local tracks. I'll move the 60a Highroller2 to the rear.

Posted: Jul 23, 2015 at 11:18 Quote
Running a 26x2.3" Specialized Butcher Grid 2bliss ready single ply at like 750g ish or something like that. Light, super easy to set up, traction for days, amazing cornering (very progressive transition), couldn't be happier. They feel true to size at 2.3". They're also pretty cheap at like 65$CAD or something like that. Apparently the non-GRID version is bad though so watch out for that.

Really didn't know what to pick when my rear tire died so I went with a 26x2.35" Schawlbe Magic Mary single ply at about 800g or so. Only one ride on it so I cant comment but it was on super soft DH tracks and it worked like a champion. Their 2.35" feels a lot bigger than the numbers tell though. Apparently every pro and their brother rides them on the enduro circuits so I figured why not.

Running a 26x2.5" Continental Kaiser double ply on my DH bike and if their 2.4" single ply tire is as good as the DH one is, the grip is brutal and everybody who rides them have nothing but good things to say. Might try at as my next front tire.

Posted: Jul 23, 2015 at 11:25 Quote
panaphonic wrote:
madcracker79 wrote:

I've been changing tyres a lot for the past 8 years and it's amazing how many super soft multiple compound rubbers just aren't even as good on wet rocks and roots as a Highroller2 60a. Mavic Charge and Magic Mary Trailstar and even Hans dampf come to mind.

The difference is so much that I've ordered a Highroller2 3c for the front to help with my extremely rooty local tracks. I'll move the 60a Highroller2 to the rear.

I got a 26x2.5" DHR2 60a on my DH bike and it is slippery as f*ck. I very much regret no getting the softer compound, because even nevegals DTCs perform better. I was thinking of getting a HR2 on the back of my trailbike but the dhr2 turned me away. Might try a HR2 eventually but my record with maxxis so far is not very good.

Are the HR2 true to size or they're still much smaller than advertised?

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012254
Mobile Version of Website