Show me your Cannondale's

PB Forum :: Cannondale
Show me your Cannondale's
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Apr 28, 2023 at 5:07 Quote
The whole bike looks lovely! Kinda makes me wanna stare at it instead of ride it haha.

The only "quirk" I am very happy they got rid of, was that weird back wheel dish. This scalpel HT has a normal rear wheel!

As for the lefty, I like what I see so far! First time getting my hands on one. Need a good test on the trails!

Posted: Apr 28, 2023 at 9:02 Quote
DimitrisCSD wrote:
The whole bike looks lovely! Kinda makes me wanna stare at it instead of ride it haha.

The only "quirk" I am very happy they got rid of, was that weird back wheel dish. This scalpel HT has a normal rear wheel!

As for the lefty, I like what I see so far! First time getting my hands on one. Need a good test on the trails!

I think you will enjoy the Lefty. I have on my 2001 Jekyll and it is still my favorite older bike to ride. The Lefty's have been vastly improved since then too.

I wish I could say my latest bike doesn't have the usual Cannondale quirks like AI spacing. I really don't mind them since I have been dealing with them on my bikes since I bought my first Cannondale in 1992. I enjoy the challenges they present. The 2020 Habit was a prime example in finding what parts fit it, and realizing the that even Cannondale has some of their info wrong on what fits the bike. For example, Cannondale and SRAM insists that you must have a Cannondale Ai spacing bottom bracket and crankset when using SRAM DUB parts.. guess what it doesn't! The bottom bracket is nothing more than a BSA 83 mm downhill BB. The crank spindle is the same length as the DUB wide, and you don't need to use the 5mm spacer SRAM says for the AI. No non-boost 6mm offset chainring either, the normal boost 3mm works to give you the 55mm chain-line for the boost 148 rear...Easy as pie as long as you don't rely on the current Cannondale tech support documents to answer your questions!

Posted: Apr 28, 2023 at 9:16 Quote
Here's the latest addition to my collection of Cannondale's. I still have a few things to do to really finish the build, swap the NX derailleur and shifter for the GX I have on my 2004 Jekyll, install the grey decals for the fork and shock, etc.. It rides like a dream and was a whole lot cheaper to build this bike up from a warranty replacement frame I purchased here on the buy/sell classifieds. Hell almost all the parts came from here to be honest.

2020 Cannondale Habit 6 (updated)
photo

Posted: Apr 28, 2023 at 9:33 Quote
Looks good! I bet she rips Big Grin Enjoy it.

Posted: Apr 28, 2023 at 23:36 Quote
DimitrisCSD wrote:
Looks good! I bet she rips Big Grin Enjoy it.
With 130mm up front and 137ish mm in the rear it certainly does! Sometimes a bit too well for my aging body lol . I'm 52 and still riding this bike 10-15 miles a weekend, plus typically using my other bikes a couple of times too. Unless the weather is super terrible, I even commute to work on the tried and true '92 M700 that I have owned since it was new.

I really do like the Scalpel HT. I've always been a fan of the Scalpel since it was released 2001. When they made a HT version. Let's just say that I have been keeping my eyes open for just the right one that is for sure and if it were in the same red as yours..EVEN better

Posted: Oct 27, 2023 at 0:25 Quote
JohnnyD-TX wrote:
DimitrisCSD wrote:
The whole bike looks lovely! Kinda makes me wanna stare at it instead of ride it haha.

The only "quirk" I am very happy they got rid of, was that weird back wheel dish. This scalpel HT has a normal rear wheel!

As for the lefty, I like what I see so far! First time getting my hands on one. Need a good test on the trails!

I think you will enjoy the Lefty. I have on my 2001 Jekyll and it is still my favorite older bike to ride. The Lefty's have been vastly improved since then too.

I wish I could say my latest bike doesn't have the usual Cannondale quirks like AI spacing. I really don't mind them since I have been dealing with them on my bikes since I bought my first Cannondale in 1992. I enjoy the challenges they present. The 2020 Habit was a prime example in finding what parts fit it, and realizing the that even Cannondale has some of their info wrong on what fits the bike. For example, Cannondale and SRAM insists that you must have a Cannondale Ai spacing bottom bracket and crankset when using SRAM DUB parts.. guess what it doesn't! The bottom bracket is nothing more than a BSA 83 mm downhill BB. The crank spindle is the same length as the DUB wide, and you don't need to use the 5mm spacer SRAM says for the AI. No non-boost 6mm offset chainring either, the normal boost 3mm works to give you the 55mm chain-line for the boost 148 rear...Easy as pie as long as you don't rely on the current Cannondale tech support documents to answer your questions!

Hey mate,
I have spent all day hunting for an answer about ai cranksets. I stripped the pedal thread on the truvativ cranks this morning on my 2019 Jekyll.
Can't figure out if I can just buy descent cranks that are dub and just use the crank arms on my current axle and bb or a whole set do I need superboost 83 dh blah blah man cannondale make it difficult. I can't seem to even find if my spindle is 28.9 or 30mm.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers

Posted: Oct 27, 2023 at 0:41 Quote
photo

Better post mine if I'm gonna ask questions

| Next Page

 


Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009560
Mobile Version of Website