Region edit

• Previous Page
Posted: Jun 26, 2014 at 16:21 Quote
Is there a way to go back into a region I uploaded to edit the description? I was originally contributing a trail, when it asked for the Region. I submitted the region, but it put in the trail description with it. Road Apple Rally is 30+ miles, but the description is for Rigor Mortis. Thanks!

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Jun 26, 2014 at 23:21 Quote
s0ul-chicken wrote:
Is there a way to go back into a region I uploaded to edit the description? I was originally contributing a trail, when it asked for the Region. I submitted the region, but it put in the trail description with it. Road Apple Rally is 30+ miles, but the description is for Rigor Mortis. Thanks!

Yup, almost all content on Trailforks can be edited by anyone, edits need to be approved by a moderator though. And revisions of past edits and contributors are saved.

Most content pages have a yellow "contribute" tab in the top right, which is a dropdown menu. On region pages the first option is "edit region". Some pages in addition to the yellow tab also have a grey edit link at the bottom of the page.
photo

Posted: Jun 27, 2014 at 7:09 Quote
Thanks canadaka! I will get that fixed.

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 at 9:00 Quote
Another region edit question: Can someone edit the geo area of a defined region after it's created? There are at least two regions in the Phoenix, Arizona area that are not correct, but I don't see how to drag the outline of the geo area to the proper location.

I added a second geo area to the region for Usery Mountains, the geo on the righthand side is correct. The lefthand square is a separate riding area that should be deleted.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Oct 17, 2014 at 12:23 Quote
So a regions area/viewport is determined several ways, depending on what content is added.

A region can have a simple marker location with no bounding box, so the map will just center on that point at a hardcoded zoom level.

If more than 2 trails are added to a region with geo info I then generate an automatic bounding box that covers the area of the trails. Each new trail that is added adjust this bounding box. The map now zooms to include this bounding box as the viewport. You can actually see what the auto area is when you edit a region, its the light blue transparent rectangle.

Sometimes this autobox & autozoom are not perfect, so the area for a region can be customized/overridden. One can draw a polygon outline, now the map will use this polygon to center the map rather than the auto-generated box. You can also specify a manual zoom level override.

The polygon can be edited when you edit a region, but the auto bounding box cannot. The marker location of a region also changes to be in the center of the bounding box, unless its manually set.

What is the region in Phoenix you are talking about?

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 at 14:14 Quote
That makes sense. The other region I was referring to is Gold Canyon. There are a bunch of trails practically in town, looks like a bowl of spaghetti with a few spur outlier trails. The part of the region I wanted to adjust is the far east end of the bounding box as it incorporates a few sections of the Arizona Trail. Those sections will be included in a region for Superior.

As you said, if this is the default bounding box, then I should be able to go into the Gold Canyon region and create a poly bounding area that would not include the AZ trails near Superior.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Oct 17, 2014 at 14:25 Quote
So if you move those parts othe AZT to a parent region, then the Gold Canyon auto-bounding box will be updated (might not update immediately).

Do you can also draw a polgon to override the auto-bounding box.
photo

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 at 14:40 Quote
Got it. Thanks!! It looks correct now.

Posted: Oct 24, 2014 at 21:43 Quote
Kind of a silly request, but can you do a small bit of formatting for a few of the Arizona regions? Just want to have all the regions display with the first letter capitalized. There are currently 3 regions in AZ all lowercase: north phoenix, cave creek & yuma. Thanks.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Oct 24, 2014 at 23:57 Quote
freeskier46 wrote:
Kind of a silly request, but can you do a small bit of formatting for a few of the Arizona regions? Just want to have all the regions display with the first letter capitalized. There are currently 3 regions in AZ all lowercase: north phoenix, cave creek & yuma. Thanks.

done! I also find that annoying, it happens when a city region is auto-generate from a PB city and for some reason some of the cities in the PB database are not formatted. I'm gunna make sure they get formatted on the TF end when a city region is generated.

Posted: Oct 26, 2014 at 19:29 Quote
Thanks, glad you have an eye for that kind of stuff too. Smile

Posted: Oct 27, 2014 at 20:26 Quote
How does the system treat a region in terms of duplication? In Australia we have a regional area called Sunshine Coast (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunshine_Coast,_Queensland) which Canada has as well. Having issues when trying to add this as it appears to fail each time I try. Anyone have any suggestions?

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Oct 27, 2014 at 20:32 Quote
Hmm it shouldn't fail, there is lots of duplicate regions & trail names already. It will just append a -number to the URL.

What "level" of region are you trying to add?

Posted: Oct 27, 2014 at 20:56 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Hmm it shouldn't fail, there is lots of duplicate regions & trail names already. It will just append a -number to the URL.

What "level" of region are you trying to add?
Trying to create Sub Region 1 under Country Australia. When it does stop I have mandatory markers on Region Type and Region Name and the message of "** There are ERRORS on this form. Detail in each field." Maybe I'm mis-reading the error?

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Oct 27, 2014 at 21:41 Quote
Hmm this is odd, the only required field for a region is its name and location info (at a min the country).
On my test system I am able to add a "Region 1" under "Australia" named "Sunshine Coast" with no issues.

I can create it for you, but I would like to track down what the problem is. Are you filling out any other fields on the region form? Are you adding a marker or polygon location to the map?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.049362
Mobile Version of Website