Air 9 vs Air 9 carbon-is carbon worth it?

PB Forum :: Niner Bikes
Air 9 vs Air 9 carbon-is carbon worth it?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 4, 2014 at 14:32 Quote
Hey y'all,

So my frame cracked, and I need a new race bike. I am coming from a MCR9, and I want an air 9 but I don't know if carbon is worth the money Blank Stare . They talk about carbon cutting down on trail chatter, but it seems that with a carbon post and handlebars on an aluminum it wont make much of a difference.
Thoughts and experiences are appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted: Aug 9, 2014 at 10:23 Quote
Carbon for framesis probably the best these days.

I used to have a PLANET X Dirty Harry carbon with NINER RDO forks and that was a very comfortable ride.

Transfer of power through pedals to wheels was phenomenol and compliant in all the right places.

I have heard Niner's carbon air 9 is uber stiff but would sure be a nice ride if you can get a decent deal on one...?

I'm now riding a SC Blur C which is sublime and a whole level above what I thought was expected of carbon in full suss frame designs and I used vpp before coming to the blur.

Bk on track though, a carbon hardtail is a tough choice as carbon is made to be stiff and compliant differs from Co to Co / frame to other frames.

Might want to consider an Intense Hard Eddie, SC Highball, etc etcor save a thousand or so and get a Dirty Harry as many would be pleasantly surprised just how good they are for £400 or so. SIMPLY UNREAL!

From my experience with Niner is that they produce real qualitythought out pieces of carbon and wouldn't hesitate to have an air 9 carbon with an RDO fork on it.

HTH Smile

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 at 13:32 Quote
Thanks titaniumtit and sorry for the late response. I ended up going with the aluminium, its been great so far!

Happy riding!

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 at 13:56 Quote
Good good!

If you ever get chance to try big C version do it!

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015750
Mobile Version of Website