Transition covert 27.5 vs Santa Cruz Heckler

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition covert 27.5 vs Santa Cruz Heckler
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2014 at 14:00 Quote
I am looking for a new enduro/all mtn bike which will be my first full suspension bike. I am currently riding a trek x-caliber 29er and am trying to keep my budget under 3000 (ik the transition is a bit over). i am currently mostly considering the heckler and culprit (the heckler leaves me with enough $$ to add a dropper post). what do u guys think? i am also completely open to any other option in that price range but i want a bike that can climb decently but really shines on the dh and jumps.
Thank you in advanced

Posted: Jul 7, 2014 at 14:11 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
I am looking for a new enduro/all mtn bike which will be my first full suspension bike. I am currently riding a trek x-caliber 29er and am trying to keep my budget under 3000 (ik the transition is a bit over). i am currently mostly considering the heckler and culprit (the heckler leaves me with enough $$ to add a dropper post). what do u guys think? i am also completely open to any other option in that price range but i want a bike that can climb decently but really shines on the dh and jumps.
Thank you in advanced
I'd go for the heckler, simply because working in Santa Cruz bikes is so much easier, as they're designed extremely well, also the lifetime bearings from Santa cruz will save you hundreds in the long run. So if you do most of your own maintainance you'd be crazy to not go S.C.

Posted: Jul 7, 2014 at 14:11 Quote
Deleted double post

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2014 at 14:18 Quote
If you were to go for the heckler would you get the more expensive R version because it comes with a pike fork, or would u get a dropper post instead?

Posted: Jul 7, 2014 at 14:51 Quote
The heckler is a fantastic bike!

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2014 at 16:48 Quote
Do you mean Transition "Covert"?

A buddy of mine has a heckler, I have a Covert .. Both are great bikes

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2014 at 3:58 Quote
yah i meant Covert, sorry about that i was half asleep when i wrote this.

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2014 at 4:03 Quote
and do you think its worth spending the extra 300$ in order to get the lower specd bronson?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010606
Mobile Version of Website