Best 27.5" bike on the market

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
Best 27.5" bike on the market
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 13, 2014 at 20:58 Quote
Wanting to upgrade from my 26" to a 27.5" (que rants)... I've been looking at a few bikes, but I'm still looking for the best one out there that suits my needs. I'm getting into more intense racing, and I need to upgrade to a more capable bike that will hopefully help my speed overall.

Here's a few of my most important requirements to narrow it down:
- Preferably Carbon fiber
- No more than 150mm of travel
- Under $4000 (I know that's probably a deal breaker).

I've looked at the Trek Fuel Ex 8 and the Santa Cruz 5010/Nomad and those look like my best options, but I'm wondering if anybody knows any better options. Thanks for any help! Smile

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2014 at 8:32 Quote
Devinci Troy, got the alloy one and love it.

Posted: Jul 16, 2014 at 13:10 Quote
Santa Cruz Bronson? Think u can get them for around your budget in the states? They like double the cost here in the UK! Ive got the aluminum version and love it to bits.

People also swear by Canyon as excellent bikes and excellent value for money, dont know the carbon situation in 650b though.

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2014 at 14:19 Quote
I'd say Canyon or YT but you're not in another part of the world.
I have a Norco Range that I love and you can also get the Sight for under $4k.
Granted, it's not gonna come with a good wheelset but otherwise they're pretty well
spec'd. If I could do it all over again I'd have gotten the Sight 7.2 Carbon. I think they're
about $3500.

O+
Posted: Jul 17, 2014 at 13:16 Quote
The Devinci Troy Carbon XP is one of the only bikes that ticks all your boxes. It goes for about $3,500, and it's a really solid build. I came close to buying it, but it was a bit too much of a stretch for my budget, so I got the Rocky Mountain Altitude 730 instead - which I love.

O+
Posted: Jul 17, 2014 at 22:40 Quote
Rocky Mountain Altitude

Posted: Jul 22, 2014 at 16:11 Quote
Norco carbon sight. Love mine. The thing just wants to be pushed further and further. If u don't believe me just see what all the "experts" say about it.

Posted: Jul 28, 2014 at 13:32 Quote
Any of the 3 kona process would be great race bikes and each base model can be had for under $4k

Posted: Aug 4, 2014 at 13:55 Quote
Ive been looking around and Banshee and knolly are priced well but no Carbon.

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 at 4:22 Quote
Our sales rep brought in a Breezer Repack team and that thing was so lush when I rode it.

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2014 at 16:49 Quote
new enduro 650b, nomad, kona process 153, devinci spartan. Lots of people love the bronson as well. All depends on what your priorities are with the geometry, and what kind of riding you're gonna be doing.

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2014 at 18:09 Quote
the new reign 275 looks great for 3400 but its not carbon though

Posted: Sep 3, 2014 at 14:23 Quote
Just done a trip to the French Alps on a brand new Radon Slide 650b 8.0SE.

Fresh out of the box, never ridden before. No changes to to the shocks in terms of settings other than adjusting air pressures. Swapped back tyre to a Rock a Razor as it was dry and then just went for it.

3 days of solid 10am-5pm downhilling at Les Arcs and Tignes/Les Arcs. Over 19km of vertical descent.

The bike rode like a dream. Nothing at all broke or went out of adjustment. It handled the red runs really well despite bring an Enduro frame rather than super-slack dh rig.

Really, really REALLY impressed with it.

Admittedly, the Yeri SB-66 which I had just before would have been a better descender, but I fancied carbon and I wanted 650b, so the a Radon got my cash.

Posted: Sep 3, 2014 at 21:37 Quote
I just got a 2014's Giant XTC Advanced 27.5 2. Carbon frame and post, XT/XTR drive & brakes. Light, nimble, stiff, fast, responsive. Power to the track is astounding, as are the brakes. Cheap to spec-up for 'more' race-worthy, but quite a respectable package that could be raced right out of the shop.

I got it AUD$1400 cheaper at model runout sale. Compare it to other brands and also 2015 XTC Advanced models and it shreds the competition for value & ability. That's a massive vote from me for this....

Yes, it's a HT

Posted: Sep 4, 2014 at 11:25 Quote
COME ON, our own bikes is not the best always, read about on internet, this article will help you

http://enduro-mtb.com/en/vergleichstest-zehn-ews-race-bikes-im-test/

27.5 i choose for Cannyon Strive CF Team for Real Enduro Races

or 29 SPZ Enduro S-works

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013610
Mobile Version of Website