Best 27.5" bike on the market

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
Best 27.5" bike on the market
O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2015 at 21:04 Quote
slapadactyle wrote:
themunn wrote:
New Pivot Mach 6 Carbon
I just bought one of these. 1 year old for almost half the price. Hardly ridden. It's on it's way as we speak. What do you think of it?

It belongs in every "best of" bike conversation

Posted: Oct 26, 2015 at 18:18 Quote
Lapierre Zesty..hands down.

Posted: Oct 26, 2015 at 19:36 Quote
taprackbang wrote:
Lapierre Zesty..hands down.
I almost bought one, but i kept reading about people hitting their feet on the rear triangle because of its thicker walls on the chainstays.... I think it's a gorgeous looking bike. Very playful looking.

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2015 at 8:26 Quote
Trance sx is the best bang for your buck $
It has sram xo1 1x11, dropper post nice 160" fork out front, very good bike for the money.the set up is idea. Defiantly an all around bike that can do anything.

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/model/trance.sx.27.5/22207/84047/

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2015 at 8:33 Quote
Trance sx is the best bang for your buck $
It has sram xo1 1x11, dropper post nice 160" fork out front, very good bike for the money.the set up is idea. Defiantly an all around bike that can do anything.

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/model/trance.sx.27.5/22207/84047/

Posted: Nov 13, 2015 at 10:40 Quote
I vote Transition Scout
photo
I would only change it for a carbon version

Posted: Nov 13, 2015 at 11:57 Quote
Don't forget the Marin Attack trail and Mount Vision. Great bike at reasonable prices

photo

Posted: Nov 13, 2015 at 18:43 Quote
Im in the market too, here's my pick :

YT Capra
Canyon Strive/Spectral if you can get your hand on one
Devinci Spartan/Troy
Kona Process 153/134
Vitus Sommet/Escarpe
Commencal Meta AM V4 Race
Transition Scout/Patrol

But if you REALLY want carbon, go for the devinci because : Made in Canada, and also because their carbon model are only +700$(CAD) for the same bike(compare to aluminium), as an example, if you pick the Capra AL1 but want the same spec into a carbon frame, you need to spend about +1500$(CAD).

Posted: Nov 13, 2015 at 21:05 Quote
Mathhhh wrote:
Im in the market too, here's my pick :

YT Capra
Canyon Strive/Spectral if you can get your hand on one
Devinci Spartan/Troy
Kona Process 153/134
Vitus Sommet/Escarpe
Commencal Meta AM V4 Race
Transition Scout/Patrol

But if you REALLY want carbon, go for the devinci because : Made in Canada, and also because their carbon model are only +700$(CAD) for the same bike(compare to aluminium), as an example, if you pick the Capra AL1 but want the same spec into a carbon frame, you need to spend about +1500$(CAD).

Devinci carbon frames are imported from the far east

Posted: Nov 14, 2015 at 3:54 Quote
when it comes to carbon manufacturing its mostly going to come from Taiwan and around there and if it isn't from there then it probably isn't as good. When it comes to carbon mtb frame building remove the whole cheap poor quality China/ Asia image. Taiwan is the centre for carbon manufacturing and its where all the experts are. you'll probably get better quality carbon frames from Taiwan than from any other place on earth.

Posted: Nov 14, 2015 at 5:40 Quote
Does anyone know where I would find rim decals? I have a copper/dark gold color scheme on my bike and am trying to get the rims to match my race face kash money bars color. Thanks!

Ethan

Posted: Nov 14, 2015 at 9:23 Quote
Even if the carbon frame come from taiwan, the bike are built in Quebec, Canada and you get a lifetime frame warranty plus there is a lot of dealers Devinci if you have any problems.

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2015 at 15:06 Quote
Freemandaily wrote:
Does anyone know where I would find rim decals? I have a copper/dark gold color scheme on my bike and am trying to get the rims to match my race face kash money bars color. Thanks!

Ethan

Slik Graphics is incredible. Best work i've seen. I've ordered from them twice, shipping from Sweden has only taken about 1 week. Highly recommend them.

http://www.slikgraphics.com/

Posted: Dec 28, 2015 at 10:58 Quote
FindDigRideRepeat wrote:
Any of the 3 kona process are great bikes and each base model can be had for under $4k
I have a 153 and cant begin to tell you the value I got for under 3g's (the path). even friends that overpaid cant hate on my process once they have tried it. Kona haters sorry but they have always been the brand that leads the way for geometry. everyone just copies Kona and then bashes them, I don't get it. I have yet to hear anyone say anything bad about the process, so lets hear it Brah!

Posted: Dec 29, 2015 at 8:06 Quote
[Quote="midmtnman"]
FindDigRideRepeat wrote:
Any of the 3 kona process are great bikes and each base model can be had for under $4k
I have a 153 and cant begin to tell you the value I got for under 3g's (the path). even friends that overpaid cant hate on my process once they have tried it. Kona haters sorry but they have always been the brand that leads the way for geometry. everyone just copies Kona and then bashes them, I don't get it. I have yet to hear anyone say anything bad about the process, so lets hear it Brah![/Quote

Agree 100%. Currently riding the 153 and just can't say enough good about it. I got mine for a good price and looked at is a 'temporary fix' until I dropped 5k on something better. I have to say the 153 does everything and more than I expected. Awesome downhill... literally can take the rough stuff as fast as I want it to. Also a good climber. Little heavier than I like, but stays planted and just keeps going. I have been totally surprised, and satisfied the the 153 and would recommend to anyone for the money.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.038837
Mobile Version of Website