Some one whats to buy my bike but needs all my info.

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Some one whats to buy my bike but needs all my info.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 16:47 Quote
Hi this guy wants to buy my bike but he said he wants my address & post code, phone#,full name and he said he is going to send some one from a shipping co to pick it up and he said he is going to send me the money by mail is it a big scame thanks.

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 16:59 Quote
easy scam...they're all like that. i've always wanted to try it and see someone come and try to take my bike

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 17:07 Quote
What is the scame thay dont pay and some one takes the bike.

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 17:38 Quote
yeah i think it's mostly that they "pay" you, but it never clears and someone comes and takes your bike. i never have really heard any stories of anyone going through with it.

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 17:46 Quote
I have had that email twice now. Someone sent an email in broken english, stating they would pay almost double what I was asking for the bike. The advised they would send either a cheque or Western Union payment.

Next their special shipping company was supposed to come pick up the bike and payment would clear - the "extra" money was to cover the delay in payment.

Scam - the last thing I want is these crooked ass f*ckers knowing where I live and where the bikes are kept. When I asked the buyer for his info, I got the run around and he said I didn't need it since he was taking care of the shipping.

Told him to suck rocks!

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 17:52 Quote
when the person picks up the bike don't give him the bike until he gives you the money

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 7:58 Quote
ya if thay meet me to take my bike and find out wait i am thay will run for the life

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 8:04 Quote
Get in the box with the bike and give them 'what for' when you arrive in nigeria!

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 8:08 Quote
good i d a but its better when the scamer comes to me

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 8:12 Quote
Mabe i cane tell this guys to come pick it up and save money

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 8:14 Quote
They won't come to you! It ruins it then, you've got to make an effort to piss them off! I purposly stay on the phone (if i'm not busy) umming and ahhing with people trying to sell me stuff, i try and keep them as long as possible because i know they're on commission.

I know, find an old bike in an alley or skip and post that instead, then they've paid the shipping, FOR NOTHING!!!!!

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 11:05 Quote
Hay thats good. This guy that wants to buy my bike wants all my info like I am going to do that I tell him to call me and the scamer did not call me I tell him If I can get the phone # from this person and the scamer said he cant do it.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007392
Mobile Version of Website