2015 Giant Glory 27,5

PB Forum :: Giant
2015 Giant Glory 27,5
Posted: Jan 28, 2017 at 14:22 Quote
mate check your sag.
i'm running a 400 on very low sag the 450 is an experiment as the bike has a regressive swingarm in the last part of its travel. my bike has a set of offset bushings in the shock so it is already sitting a bit lower than stock Wink
since i love my coil sprung ccdb and i will never swap it for an air suspended version i chose to put a stiffer spring so that it will bottom out less.
also it really depends on your feel i can't even bunnyhop my bike with the 400 spring.

Posted: Jan 28, 2017 at 14:25 Quote
teddy89 wrote:
mate check your sag.
i'm running a 400 on very low sag the 450 is an experiment as the bike has a regressive swingarm in the last part of its travel. my bike has a set of offset bushings in the shock so it is already sitting a bit lower than stock Wink
since i love my coil sprung ccdb and i will never swap it for an air suspended version i chose to put a stiffer spring so that it will bottom out less.
also it really depends on your feel i can't even bunnyhop my bike with the 400 spring.

Yeah will have to but not got a shock on it at the moment as I got rid of the float x2, just debating what shock to get think it's either another float x2 or a Dhx2

Posted: Jan 28, 2017 at 14:43 Quote
mike29 wrote:
teddy89 wrote:
mate check your sag.

Yeah will have to but not got a shock on it at the moment as I got rid of the float x2, just debating what shock to get think it's either another float x2 or a Dhx2

pick the one you like the most.

atm i would pick one that had the easy access to the knobs liking the vivid no tools no stress to get a very efficient basetune and maybe with the bottom out knob too considering how the swingarm works.
marzocchi moto c2r
xfusion vector coil
fox dhx rc4

Posted: Jan 28, 2017 at 23:06 Quote
Me...100kg --> 450 spring

Posted: Jan 29, 2017 at 1:24 Quote
mitch32 wrote:

Is that with a dhx2 buddy? Just checked I used to run a 400 on my vivid so may just go for a 425 and see how that is

Posted: Feb 1, 2017 at 1:24 Quote
saski wrote:
teddy89 wrote:
got a 450 from ti-springs!

Weigh it please Big Grin

425 gr

Posted: Feb 1, 2017 at 6:33 Quote
Does anyone know if the size dimensions for the glory stand over is correct. I find it strange that the standover height is more on the small than on the medium and the large?
Am I reading it wrong?

Posted: Feb 1, 2017 at 6:49 Quote
AnthonyBurrell wrote:
Does anyone know if the size dimensions for the glory stand over is correct. I find it strange that the standover height is more on the small than on the medium and the large?
Am I reading it wrong?
it's normal as stack is the same in all sizes and the reach is shorter in the small one

Posted: Feb 1, 2017 at 7:14 Quote
thanks for the reply, I kind of get it.
I have a medium 2015 advanced and although I'm short at 5'6 with a 29.5 inseam. I'm happy with the size of the bike, other than every now and then although I run the seat low , I end up whacking my self off the seat. Size wise in terms of stack, reach , wheelbase there's not a lot of difference between the small and medium but I had hoped that the standover would be slightly less on the small and certainly didn't expect it to be taller

Posted: Feb 1, 2017 at 7:23 Quote
AnthonyBurrell wrote:
I have a medium 2015 advanced and although I'm short at 5'6 with a 29.5 inseam. I'm happy with the size of the bike, other than every now and then although I run the seat low , I end up whacking my self off the seat. Size wise in terms of stack, reach , wheelbase there's not a lot of difference between the small and medium but I had hoped that the standover would be slightly less on the small and certainly didn't expect it to be taller
it has to be like that. as the standover is measured halfway into the top tube. same stack +shorter toptupe = higher standover

Posted: Feb 1, 2017 at 7:33 Quote
Understood :-) thanks

Posted: Feb 1, 2017 at 10:27 Quote
weird question, does any one know where I can find the dimensions for the giant graphics on the down tube? looking to do a custom sticker kit for next season, shuttling took the decal off the down tube.

Posted: Feb 2, 2017 at 10:05 Quote
mike29 wrote:
mitch32 wrote:

Is that with a dhx2 buddy? Just checked I used to run a 400 on my vivid so may just go for a 425 and see how that is

I´m riding the stock vivid...

Posted: Feb 2, 2017 at 11:48 Quote
AnthonyBurrell wrote:

think thats just the glory frame, my nuts get tapped every so often. Standing at 5'8 on a medium.

Posted: Feb 2, 2017 at 12:22 Quote
save your nust cut the seat tube!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010298
Mobile Version of Website