2015 Giant Glory 27,5

PB Forum :: Giant
2015 Giant Glory 27,5
Author Message
Posted: Mar 18, 2017 at 13:42 Quote
Aptlynamed wrote:
vladutz8417 wrote:
Had the same issue, but I figured out how to put them back on based on the frame paint. If the spacer goes above the place that it`s not painted, you should flip it. If you use logic you can do it. Just keep in mind that everything need to be fitted with no gaps. You have just 4 axles, with different diameters. I know that it`s low quality, but maybe this helps (...)

Thanks, but that was the vague diagram that I mentioned. At the lower joint of the rear triangle: Do the chamfered/pointy sides of the spacers face inwards (towards the rear triangle), or outwards (towards the bearings in the rocker link)? My rear triangle has no unpainted areas , it is the anodized version.

I also have a bearing tool by Giant with similar vague outdated diagrams. Almost as if Giant wants me to go to their dealers for everything.

The small side of the spacer came towards the rear triangle (inwards) At least that`s the way I installed it by checking rear triangle paint ( if I putted them outwards some of the spacer touched the paint, and it seemed untouched )

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 12:46 Quote
Chamfered edges face inwards.

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 17:56 Quote
Hate to be that guy with this question. I'm planning on buying a 2016 glory advanced 1. I am 5' 9" and 160lbs. Would i be better suited for a medium or large? I am also new to the 27.5" game so this will be my first. Every other bike I've owned has been a medium and they have always felt on the small side. I do have pretty lanky arms too :p Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 0:58 Quote
jaydendonato wrote:
Hate to be that guy with this question. I'm planning on buying a 2016 glory advanced 1. I am 5' 9" and 160lbs. Would i be better suited for a medium or large? I am also new to the 27.5" game so this will be my first. Every other bike I've owned has been a medium and they have always felt on the small side. I do have pretty lanky arms too :p Any advice is greatly appreciated.

The 'reach' and 'stack' numbers give a good indication of how a bike will fit. Compare those numbers of your previous bikes with the geo chart of the Glory and you'll get an idea which one to get. Renting a medium and a large for a day would be even better ofc.

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/glory-advanced-0#geometry

Posted: Mar 28, 2017 at 7:42 Quote
jaydendonato: A giant glory size large has the wheelbase and reach of most other companies xl frames.

glory large wheelbase: 1257 reach: 461
yt tues xl wheelbase: 1258 reach: 470
morpheus conspiracy xl wheelbase: 1255 reach: 455
sc v10 xl wheelbase: 1251 reach: 451
demo xl wheelbase: 1248 reach: 460

It's one of the biggest size large frames out there. Based on your height and weight, I'd go with a medium. The canyon sender also has a huge size large frame with a wheelbase of 1256 and a reach of 460. The glory and the sender are probably the two largest production made size large frames out there.......granted I didn't look up every single wheelbase of every single bike, but just the ones I was interested in and this is what I came up with......

Posted: Mar 28, 2017 at 7:52 Quote
ok, springtime is here and it's time to dial in the bike. I currently am getting 31.5% sag on my 2015 giant glory with a vivid rc2 400 lb coil shock. I weight @ 215 lbs. I did the measurements without my gear on so I figure all geared up (I wear lots of padding!), I probably come in at @ 220 lbs at least. So my question is should I go up to a 425 lb or 450 lb spring? I'm probably looking to get a sag % of around 25-30%, leaning towards the lower end. My second question would be I'm also entertaining the idea of getting my bling on and purchasing a titanium coil. I heard they are slightly more precise than a steel coil. If that's the case, should I go with a 425 or 450? Thanks a bunch!!!

Posted: Mar 28, 2017 at 9:06 Quote
oobaa47 wrote:
jaydendonato: A giant glory size large has the wheelbase and reach of most other companies xl frames.

glory large wheelbase: 1257 reach: 461
yt tues xl wheelbase: 1258 reach: 470
morpheus conspiracy xl wheelbase: 1255 reach: 455
sc v10 xl wheelbase: 1251 reach: 451
demo xl wheelbase: 1248 reach: 460

It's one of the biggest size large frames out there. Based on your height and weight, I'd go with a medium. The canyon sender also has a huge size large frame with a wheelbase of 1256 and a reach of 460. The glory and the sender are probably the two largest production made size large frames out there.......granted I didn't look up every single wheelbase of every single bike, but just the ones I was interested in and this is what I came up with......

Thank you so much, that was very informative for me. I was ready to drive 2 hours to pick up a large but hearing what you said saved me a trip. Thanks again!

Posted: Apr 2, 2017 at 9:14 Quote

Thanks again for helping me with frame sizing guys. Picked her up last week !

Posted: Apr 6, 2017 at 4:20 Quote
Sweet....What year/model?

Posted: Apr 8, 2017 at 18:23 Quote
oobaa47 wrote:
Sweet....What year/model?

2016 Advanced 1

Posted: May 8, 2017 at 6:34 Quote
So second day out on the new sled and I have a big dent on the down tube, right where the plastic protector is........I guess since it's so light for an aluminum frame, the tubing is not as thick? Either way, it rides incredibly well.....it handles the jumps and the rocks with ease....the bike definitely has way more capability than the rider!!

Posted: May 8, 2017 at 17:38 Quote
oobaa47 wrote:
So second day out on the new sled and I have a big dent on the down tube, right where the plastic protector is........I guess since it's so light for an aluminum frame, the tubing is not as thick? Either way, it rides incredibly well.....it handles the jumps and the rocks with ease....the bike definitely has way more capability than the rider!!

I would be wary of dents on those frames. I had a 2015 frame, had a small fall (not a crash), and dented it with little effort. Ended up cracking on a weld. Then again could have just been bad luck on my end. Either way it was a killer bike when I had it!

Posted: May 13, 2017 at 9:34 Quote
I want to swap the Guide RSC brakes on my 2015 Glory to Hope Tech V4...

Do I need adaptors if I'm keeping the same rotor size?

Total newb with this part of my rig (or it's just the bike industry hates consumers and makes it as difficult as possible) Smile

Thanks for any advice!

Posted: May 14, 2017 at 22:55 Quote
Powtron wrote:
I want to swap the Guide RSC brakes on my 2015 Glory to Hope Tech V4...

Do I need adaptors if I'm keeping the same rotor size?

Total newb with this part of my rig (or it's just the bike industry hates consumers and makes it as difficult as possible) Smile

Thanks for any advice!

Nope, bolts right on, and enjoy having brakes that work

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
Hi, I'm 6'4" (1.93m) currently riding a Large 2012/3 Glory and looking to upgrade to one of the 650b Glorys

Looking at the size chart it seems Giant now do an XL glory, but they dont sell it in the UK :-(

I've got on with my current Glory fine (great actually), the old L was intended for riders up to about 6'8" I think, but I'm not sure if they resized the Large when they introduced the XL (in terms of intended rider, I know the geometry is quite a lot longer/slacker than before for all the sizes)

are there any other similarly tall / lanky people on a 2015 or more recent size L getting on with it ok? I'm using it as a freeride / jump bike, not for racing

thanks in advance for any advice


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019369
Mobile Version of Website