close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

2015 Giant Glory 27,5

PB Forum :: Giant
2015 Giant Glory 27,5
| Next Page
Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 21:04 Quote
roof-gdsn wrote:
Nope, not enough clearance for 29" rear wheels

But, 29" front with single crown fork (55 offset) is perfect...

This comes at a very interesting time. I just came into a Large 2018 glory frame. I owned a 2015 glory for a season, I got a medium at 6'0 (I come from a freeride background, liked smaller bikes). I loved the bike, mega fast, but I hated the dual crown. I just feel single crowns are more maneuverable, and I'm not racing, much more freeride. My favorite bike of all time was my 2011 Faith 0, so when I saw the glory frame I immediately thought Faith Throwback build. Just moved to the east coast and will do a lot of Highland and Thunder Mountain, so it makes some sense (I'm looking at Fort Hill trail at Thunder Mountain).

I've got a 180mm Zeb 27.5 in my crosshairs, heard 190 is taller a2c than a 200mm boxxer, and I'm not riding rampage, and they're not available yet. I was toying with the idea of going mullet, but wasn't sure what travel to run? Would running a 180mm 29er be too tall? Seeing that I'm more freeride I don't want the bike to be too slack. What travel is the Manitou on your bike? Do you know an approx head angle?

I was planning on rawing the frame as well lol. I was going to hopefully post a similar bike to yours in a month or two. Kinda mad you beat me to it, but goddammit if that ain't a gorgeous bike. It's only got me more stoked. Beautiful build!

Just noticed it's single speed as well... I've got my Alfine, Saint, and XO tensioners ready. Need to see what the build calls for Smile

Old glory because pictures after so many words:

Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 4:33 Quote
Giant glory boxxer wc flow raceface

Love a raw glory, heres mine from 2017!

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 0:43 Quote
Thanks guys for the replys Smile
Hey any idea who made the oem factory hubs for the glory? i need a set of wheels built or sourced and if i can start
with a decent set of hubs that would be great Smile
thanks

Pat

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 8:59 Quote
Downhillpat wrote:
Hey any idea who made the oem factory hubs for the glory? i need a set of wheels built or sourced and if i can start
thanks

Pat
pretty sure most giant hubs are DT swiss replicas, that’s where I would start

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 21:48 Quote
brownstone wrote:
Downhillpat wrote:
thanks

Pat
not replica... They are DT Swiss

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 9:38 Quote
makripper wrote:
brownstone wrote:
Downhillpat wrote:
thanks

Pat
not replica... They are DT Swiss

Re-branded would be correct then

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 21:24 Quote
Changing my Glory size S into mullet setup
using Yari travel 170 from my Slash, is it necessary to add angle set ? because i think its too slack

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009815
Mobile Version of Website