2015 Giant Glory 27,5

PB Forum :: Giant
2015 Giant Glory 27,5
Posted: Mar 21, 2022 at 11:03 Quote
Hey guys,
One last Question about the hubs for a 2018 Glory, as I understand it,the Rear hub should be 12mm x 150mm Non-Boost (DH spec) DT Swiss to be OEM equivilant correct ? The fork is a Marzzochi 380 R and should require a 20mm x 110mm Non-boost front hub as well ? Do i have this right ? I don't want to order the wrong components for the wheels and have to send them back Smile Thankyou again for your help Smile

Pat

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2022 at 19:56 Quote
Downhillpat wrote:
Hey guys,
One last Question about the hubs for a 2018 Glory, as I understand it,the Rear hub should be 12mm x 150mm Non-Boost (DH spec) DT Swiss to be OEM equivilant correct ? The fork is a Marzzochi 380 R and should require a 20mm x 110mm Non-boost front hub as well ? Do i have this right ? I don't want to order the wrong components for the wheels and have to send them back Smile Thankyou again for your help Smile

Pat

That sounds about right.

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2022 at 19:57 Quote
Does anyone know where I could find the files to 3d Print the cable routing / fork bumpers for the 2018 Glory?

Much appreciated

Posted: Mar 25, 2022 at 23:02 Quote
Acid11 wrote:
Does anyone know where I could find the files to 3d Print the cable routing / fork bumpers for the 2018 Glory?

Much appreciated
Hey mate not sure if you have tried but giant gave me a set of bumpers after breaking mine and they work fine

Posted: Mar 29, 2022 at 14:31 Quote
Acid11 wrote:
Does anyone know the Headset size for the 2018 Glory?

Thanks in Advance

I think this it`s what you re looking for https://www.giantbikespares.com/Giant-Glory-27.5-OverDrive-Headset--1310-NO57AA-502/product_detail/3-41317
If not try to put your exact bike there

O+
Posted: Apr 12, 2022 at 9:32 Quote
Da-Moose wrote:
Hey Kd7000 if you see me out there say hi and we can catch some laps together! Fort hill is my end of season goal, there’s lots of warming up I still need to do haha.
Absolutely! Though like I said, I'll never be warmed up enough for Fort Hill. I was never a good enough rider, nor will I ever be.

Your bike looks amazing, I love the parts-bin motif.

O+
Posted: May 14, 2022 at 4:56 Quote
Here's my 2017 after some rattle-can magic. Made it to Highland Mountain (NH) for opening weekend, next park trip is hopefully Thunder Mountain opening weekend.
photo

Posted: Jul 13, 2022 at 19:28 Quote
How did you get that color?

Posted: Jul 13, 2022 at 19:29 Quote
Da-Moose wrote:
roof-gdsn wrote:
Nope, not enough clearance for 29" rear wheels

But, 29" front with single crown fork (55 offset) is perfect...

photo

photo

This comes at a very interesting time. I just came into a Large 2018 glory frame. I owned a 2015 glory for a season, I got a medium at 6'0 (I come from a freeride background, liked smaller bikes). I loved the bike, mega fast, but I hated the dual crown. I just feel single crowns are more maneuverable, and I'm not racing, much more freeride. My favorite bike of all time was my 2011 Faith 0, so when I saw the glory frame I immediately thought Faith Throwback build. Just moved to the east coast and will do a lot of Highland and Thunder Mountain, so it makes some sense (I'm looking at Fort Hill trail at Thunder Mountain).

I've got a 180mm Zeb 27.5 in my crosshairs, heard 190 is taller a2c than a 200mm boxxer, and I'm not riding rampage, and they're not available yet. I was toying with the idea of going mullet, but wasn't sure what travel to run? Would running a 180mm 29er be too tall? Seeing that I'm more freeride I don't want the bike to be too slack. What travel is the Manitou on your bike? Do you know an approx head angle?

I was planning on rawing the frame as well lol. I was going to hopefully post a similar bike to yours in a month or two. Kinda mad you beat me to it, but goddammit if that ain't a gorgeous bike. It's only got me more stoked. Beautiful build!

Just noticed it's single speed as well... I've got my Alfine, Saint, and XO tensioners ready. Need to see what the build calls for Smile

Old glory because pictures after so many words:

photo

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 10:04 Quote
danielayala05 wrote:
It was a can of Krylon "Fusion" series metallic black stainless. Literally right from the spraypaint aisle at Lowe's.

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 10:32 Quote
How do they ride w a 29 wheel in front? Bb height issues?

Posted: May 13, 2023 at 17:06 Quote
Can some folks post their riding weight and what spring weight they run?

Posted: May 26, 2023 at 9:11 Quote
I’m looking for a Glory 275 large frame only to buy.

2015 or later.

Cosmetic scuffs are a non issue.

If the frame has significant use I’d expect I’d have to change the bearings.

Message me.

Posted: Jul 3, 2023 at 6:10 Quote
Hi from Montreal Quebec,

Just wondering if going mullet 29/27.5 on a carbon frame is a risk to damage the frame? To much stress on the head tube?

Anybody as a Glory advanced or carbon with a 29" upfront?

Did you have to lower the crowns?

Thanks

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.022683
Mobile Version of Website