Good downhill rim?! Please help!

PB Forum :: Downhill
Good downhill rim?! Please help!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 28, 2014 at 21:24 Quote
I just picked up a 2005 specialized big hit DH, and the rims needs to be rebuilt. It's the 24" rear, and 26" front, and need a good recommendation for rims to lace up.

I know it's the older rim size to run but, that's what I preferred. Any help is much appreciated, thank you.

Editor O+ FL
Posted: Jul 28, 2014 at 23:37 Quote
There aren't quite as many option these days in the 24" wheel size, but don't worry, you're not completely out of luck. I'd recommend checking out Sun Ringle's MTX series of rims - either the MTX31 or the MTX33 would be good options for your Big Hit, especially since they're available in both 26" and 24" versions. The MTX rims are plenty wide for DH usage, and have a welded seam to help prevent them from separating. I've had good luck building them into reliable wheelsets that are capable of withstanding a good beating in the bike park. Plus, at around $50 per rim they're not terribly expensive either.

Posted: Jul 29, 2014 at 1:13 Quote
Awesome, thank you for the input. That's good to know as I'd like to be able to build a wheel set with the front and rear rim both the same brand, and model of rim.

Posted: Jul 29, 2014 at 23:06 Quote
Anyone else...? Still not having to much luck. Could I possibly still use a 26" with the stock rear end possibly?

I'd rather stick with the 24" if I could.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008345
Mobile Version of Website