Show your Giant Faith!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Show your Giant Faith!
Posted: Apr 16, 2015 at 2:28 Quote
To anyone who has had any luck converting their faith into something more pedal-able, was it worthwhile and how did you do it? I'm in need of a more all mountain kind of bike but I don't want to let my faith go!

Here it is atm almost stock:

2011 Giant Faith 0

I'm thinking lighter tires and inner tubes to start with and then an air shock with piggyback (maybe rockshox monarch plus) and lower the totems to 160/150mm? I know the totems are quite heavy but they are bloody lovely.

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2015 at 4:14 Quote
I would say an air shock is the best place to start. You will want something with on the fly compression adjustment for climbing. Not sure I would lower the fork past 160mm, that would change the genometry quite a lot and make it unbalanced front to rear. lighter tires and tubes are an easy spot and likely a smaller front ring combined with a wider range cassette. Also, a seat post long enough to pedal in a comfortable position. Those changes should go a long way to making it pedal friendly.

Posted: Apr 16, 2015 at 8:05 Quote
jamesiddon wrote:
To anyone who has had any luck converting their faith into something more pedal-able, was it worthwhile and how did you do it? I'm in need of a more all mountain kind of bike but I don't want to let my faith go!

I'm thinking lighter tires and inner tubes to start with and then an air shock with piggyback (maybe rockshox monarch plus) and lower the totems to 160/150mm? I know the totems are quite heavy but they are bloody lovely.

I would recommend getting a lighter wheelset altogether. There would be a more significant difference in weight and 'pedability' if you change to a lighter set of hoops instead of just the tires and tubes. You could also consider going tubeless.

Posted: Apr 16, 2015 at 8:23 Quote
sorry to say that but a faith is not a trail bike.... sell it and get a reign... slacker/ less travel/ as mutch capable if you ride park.... the faith is too heavy to be a trail bike..... 2 cents

Posted: Apr 16, 2015 at 18:41 Quote
Its not heavy... the problem is more the travel.

Posted: Apr 16, 2015 at 20:01 Quote
i think your right

Posted: Apr 17, 2015 at 22:58 Quote
Get a Trance for riding days and keep the faith for the shuttles.

Posted: Apr 19, 2015 at 15:00 Quote
chyu wrote:
Get a Trance for riding days and keep the faith for the shuttles.

that what i have done

Posted: Apr 20, 2015 at 8:06 Quote
Hi guys! just got Vivid Air on my Faith and now I'm pretty happy) it works so smooth, I couldn't even imagine)
Now I'm thinking if it is a good idea to switch Totem Solo Air RC2DH for Fox Float 36 180. Would that be a good thing to switch or should I leave Totem there?

Posted: May 16, 2015 at 2:30 Quote
Nooooo, Totem is the best single crown fork ever. Anyone who "upgraded" to Fox 36 was disappointed, if it ain't broke, leave it!

Posted: May 21, 2015 at 12:04 Quote
photo

Might be old, but still enjoy riding with it.

Posted: Jun 5, 2015 at 15:14 Quote
hi does anyone know the rear axle width on a 2011 giant faith is it 12mmX150mm cheers in advanced guys

Posted: Jun 6, 2015 at 7:43 Quote
jamesiddon wrote:

2011 Giant Faith 0

Don't get an air shock it's too much or a compromise, the bike is designed around a coil. If anything, get a ti spring. You will achieve a similar weight and not lose any of the big hit capabilities of the bike . Wheel set helps. I ran flows laced to hadley hubs, it was 1700g set up tubeless with specialized tires. About 2 pounds lighter than stock. Totem is heavy is you want more all mountain, consider the Lyrik 170 rc2dh.

Posted: Jun 6, 2015 at 10:27 Quote
NorthVanMan wrote:
jamesiddon wrote:

2011 Giant Faith 0

Don't get an air shock it's too much or a compromise, the bike is designed around a coil. If anything, get a ti spring. You will achieve a similar weight and not lose any of the big hit capabilities of the bike . Wheel set helps. I ran flows laced to hadley hubs, it was 1700g set up tubeless with specialized tires. About 2 pounds lighter than stock. Totem is heavy is you want more all mountain, consider the Lyrik 170 rc2dh.

I put a marzo rocco air on my faith and loved it. Sorge ran a vivid air on his. Air shocks feel great on the faith. A lyric or a 36 180 would lighten the front up. Have fun on that bike yo i miss the shit out if mine.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017178
Mobile Version of Website