New 27.5 Bike

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
New 27.5 Bike
Author Message
Posted: Feb 4, 2015 at 11:30 Quote
Thanks for all the ideas! The Santa Cruz Heckler and the Remedy are both too expensive, the Reign looks okay, might wait on it. If you guys have any more suggestions, don't hesitate to post!

Posted: Feb 9, 2015 at 11:57 Quote
agentM101 wrote:
Thanks for all the ideas! The Santa Cruz Heckler and the Remedy are both too expensive, the Reign looks okay, might wait on it. If you guys have any more suggestions, don't hesitate to post!
Exchange rate is making many bikes more expensive, but some big brands have fixed Cdn prices, so if your budget is tight, getting a 2014 on clearance might help too.

Posted: Feb 10, 2015 at 12:04 Quote
I'd recommend the Kona Process 135 or 153. or the Commencal Meta. I haven't ridden the commencal, but I love my Kona 134.

Posted: Feb 28, 2015 at 21:19 Quote
I straddled a Kona Process 134 in a large frame and it felt good, but it was $3k, my budget lies within $1,500 and $2,750 now. If you people of PB know what I can do, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks.

Posted: Feb 28, 2015 at 21:46 Quote
http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-ca/bikes/model/reign.27.5.2/20511/80085/

or

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-ca/bikes/model/trance.27.5.2/20507/80076/

not wanting to sound like a fanboy for only suggesting giants but they do have very good value for money.

I would choose the reign if you enjoy doing proper downhill tracks as well as wanting to climb, plus if you have pretty good bike handling skills as it is a big/capable bike. or the trance with a 160mm pike for another great all rounder. I would try and test ride some bikes if i were you.

Posted: Mar 1, 2015 at 16:36 Quote
hambee-enchurbro wrote:
http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-ca/bikes/model/reign.27.5.2/20511/80085/

or

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-ca/bikes/model/trance.27.5.2/20507/80076/

not wanting to sound like a fanboy for only suggesting giants but they do have very good value for money.

I would choose the reign if you enjoy doing proper downhill tracks as well as wanting to climb, plus if you have pretty good bike handling skills as it is a big/capable bike. or the trance with a 160mm pike for another great all rounder. I would try and test ride some bikes if i were you.

How much does a Reign usually weigh? I ride a 2013 Norco Katmandu right now and it weighs about 30 pounds or 12.6 kilograms. Also, bit expensive, I was thinking around $2500 for the bike, I was looking at the Norco Range 7.2 alloy (The non-Pike one)

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 at 12:59 Quote
agentM101 wrote:
hambee-enchurbro wrote:
http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-ca/bikes/model/reign.27.5.2/20511/80085/

or

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-ca/bikes/model/trance.27.5.2/20507/80076/

not wanting to sound like a fanboy for only suggesting giants but they do have very good value for money.

I would choose the reign if you enjoy doing proper downhill tracks as well as wanting to climb, plus if you have pretty good bike handling skills as it is a big/capable bike. or the trance with a 160mm pike for another great all rounder. I would try and test ride some bikes if i were you.

How much does a Reign usually weigh? I ride a 2013 Norco Katmandu right now and it weighs about 30 pounds or 12.6 kilograms. Also, bit expensive, I was thinking around $2500 for the bike, I was looking at the Norco Range 7.2 alloy (The non-Pike one)
People have been posting online the Reign 2 is ~32lbs.
You have to decide your priorities - cheap, light, good - as they say, pick two...

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 at 16:00 Quote
brianl wrote:
agentM101 wrote:
hambee-enchurbro wrote:
http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-ca/bikes/model/reign.27.5.2/20511/80085/

or

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-ca/bikes/model/trance.27.5.2/20507/80076/

not wanting to sound like a fanboy for only suggesting giants but they do have very good value for money.

I would choose the reign if you enjoy doing proper downhill tracks as well as wanting to climb, plus if you have pretty good bike handling skills as it is a big/capable bike. or the trance with a 160mm pike for another great all rounder. I would try and test ride some bikes if i were you.

How much does a Reign usually weigh? I ride a 2013 Norco Katmandu right now and it weighs about 30 pounds or 12.6 kilograms. Also, bit expensive, I was thinking around $2500 for the bike, I was looking at the Norco Range 7.2 alloy (The non-Pike one)
People have been posting online the Reign 2 is ~32lbs.
You have to decide your priorities - cheap, light, good - as they say, pick two...

Pick two, you say? I say, I pick cheap and good, weight is prob something I can deal with later.

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 at 11:41 Quote
agentM101 wrote:
brianl wrote:
agentM101 wrote:


How much does a Reign usually weigh? I ride a 2013 Norco Katmandu right now and it weighs about 30 pounds or 12.6 kilograms. Also, bit expensive, I was thinking around $2500 for the bike, I was looking at the Norco Range 7.2 alloy (The non-Pike one)
People have been posting online the Reign 2 is ~32lbs.
You have to decide your priorities - cheap, light, good - as they say, pick two...

Pick two, you say? I say, I pick cheap and good, weight is prob something I can deal with later.
The Reign 2 is $110 cheaper than the Range 7.2 Pike version, but the non-pike Range gets a 350R fork to save you $220, so it depends on how good/bad the fork is, and whether you can get a discount on any of them.

Posted: Mar 4, 2015 at 1:23 Quote
Pike is worth the money imo

Posted: Jun 10, 2016 at 15:58 Quote
agentM101 wrote:
I've been in this sport for two years now, and I want to upgrade. I have a budget of $3000 max including 12% taxes, border fees, etc. I'm 6'2", 210 lbs and prefers a bike with 5.5", 6" or 6.3" of travel, capable of the lower half of WMBP, and decent components. Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Thanks. BTW, must have 650b wheels!! I'm currently looking at the new Commencal Meta AM V4 Origin 1,999 euros, Norco Range 7.2 $2830, Diamondback Mission 1.0 27.5 $2499.
Have been riding Giant Trance27.5-2 2016 since March best piece of machinery I've put under my ass . Meets all specs you listed and is very very capable bike. (2700$ SRP so room for upgrades and taxes ) Have yet to find a complaint about it or a steep I won't try with it
It ain't the best but it is damn close
Hope this gives you some help

Posted: Jun 14, 2016 at 18:16 Quote
The Norco fluid 7.1 is a killer bike and it's only 100$ over your budget or there is the fluid 7.2 which is also a killer bike for just a little less money


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007593
Mobile Version of Website