YT Capra Owners

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 at 13:21 Quote
meti wrote:
Massingham wrote:
You guys are making me regret buying the large bike now at 5'11 with a 31 inside leg. I don't want to be cutting seat posts down on a 2k+ bike.

Fairly sure that with a 150 reverb you can't extend it fully, also I understand that cutting is awful. So, in your situation, I'll swap the reverb for a 125 one selling your 150 as new

Or would you go with a Medium sized bike instead? The reach and top tube measurements seemed a bit short to me on the medium.

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 at 13:23 Quote
TallTomT wrote:
Thread needs more pictures.

Tweedvalley, Scotland:

YT Capra at the Golfie Innerleithen

Did you clean it before the pic? I was up there today on my goat and it was muddy as you like, not as bad as last weekend though

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 at 13:43 Quote
endurodave wrote:
TallTomT wrote:

Tweedvalley, Scotland:

YT Capra at the Golfie Innerleithen

Did you clean it before the pic? I was up there today on my goat and it was muddy as you like, not as bad as last weekend though

Nope! This was yesterday, it was even dusty in places...

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 at 13:55 Quote
Massingham wrote:
meti wrote:
Massingham wrote:
You guys are making me regret buying the large bike now at 5'11 with a 31 inside leg. I don't want to be cutting seat posts down on a 2k+ bike.

Fairly sure that with a 150 reverb you can't extend it fully, also I understand that cutting is awful. So, in your situation, I'll swap the reverb for a 125 one selling your 150 as new

Or would you go with a Medium sized bike instead? The reach and top tube measurements seemed a bit short to me on the medium.

I'm 1.81 cm (5 ft 11 in) with 81.5 cm (32 in) inseam, and I ride an M, feel perfect to me, so yes, in the first time I'd bought an M, but, as you already ordered an L, you can swap your seatpost for a shorter one if you want the extra stability of the larger bike

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 at 14:50 Quote
meti wrote:
Massingham wrote:
meti wrote:

I'm 1.81 cm (5 ft 11 in) with 81.5 cm (32 in) inseam, and I ride an M, feel perfect to me, so yes, in the first time I'd bought an M, but, as you already ordered an L, you can swap your seatpost for a shorter one if you want the extra stability of the larger bike

Is your reverb all the way down in your seat post

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 at 15:18 Quote
Massingham wrote:
meti wrote:
Massingham wrote:

I'm 5' 10" and ride a medium and the post is 1" out of the frame, just measured it as my reverb was swapped under warranty.

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 at 15:26 Quote

Here it was new almost a year ago

And here she is today in all her glory Big Grin

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 at 17:37 Quote
SCNOMAD-C wrote:

Capra ride report on the X2? Practically exactly what I'm about to build, fox 36 and all.

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 at 17:45 Quote
chrisingrassia wrote:
SCNOMAD-C wrote:

Capra ride report on the X2? Practically exactly what I'm about to build, fox 36 and all.

I've left some reports but to some it up.... AWESOME!!! The RS products are great, the Fox stuff is spectacular!

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 at 18:11 Quote
One more question for you. How would you compare the Nomad (version 2 or 3?) to your Capra?

SCNOMAD-C wrote:
chrisingrassia wrote:
SCNOMAD-C wrote:

I've left some reports but to some it up.... AWESOME!!! The RS products are great, the Fox stuff is spectacular!

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 at 19:51 Quote
Chris9702l wrote:
One more question for you. How would you compare the Nomad (version 2 or 3?) to your Capra?

SCNOMAD-C wrote:
chrisingrassia wrote:

I had a Nomad V2, then to a stumpy Evo, then a s-works enduro, and then the Capra. All were good bikes but I wouldn't go back to any of those except the Capra. The Capra just has your back and is a ton of fun and pushes the rider to new limits. I haven't ridden the new nomad but would assume it's very capable but just doesn't offer the value that the Capra does. I have two buddies that have also gone with the Capra and also are blown away by the Capra's value and capabilities. Simply a fun bike!

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 at 20:28 Quote
chrisingrassia wrote:
SCNOMAD-C wrote:

I dig the X2, its nice to stop thinking about what setting to be in and just go. Seems to float across roots and obstacles rather than get sucked into them. But definitely read the setup guide, it doesn't pay to guess.

YT Capra CF Pro Race

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 at 20:56 Quote
NickB01 wrote:
chrisingrassia wrote:
SCNOMAD-C wrote:

I dig the X2, its nice to stop thinking about what setting to be in and just go. Seems to float across roots and obstacles rather than get sucked into them. But definitely read the setup guide, it doesn't pay to guess.

YT Capra CF Pro Race

Yes, I agree in that I like not having to think about a climb switch. I'm not suggesting it wouldn't offer value, I assume it likely does and called Fox immediately after seeing Fox's PB ad debuting their new climb switch. BUT, I haven't missed the climb switch after 6 rides and I haven't missed thinking about whether it was on or off.

As for setup, yes, follow it and read what others have done with their X2 as well as VitalMTB's long term review and where they ended up with setup. Sweet shock that just boosts off trail features which came as a big surprise to me. If you can swing it, I highly recommend going for it, you won't regret that decision.

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 at 22:29 Quote
Massingham wrote:
meti wrote:
Massingham wrote:

Mine is about 2 cm (3/4 in) out

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 at 22:40 Quote
TallTomT wrote:

Agree! Brilliant picture, makes me miss Scotland! Here is one from a local trail. The top was still snow covered...

spring

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.049986
Mobile Version of Website