YT Capra Owners

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 3:31 Quote
Had my first ride on the Capra on Friday.
I couldn't really tell much difference to my previous bike (26" Orange 5) tbh although I'm sure it will take a few rides before it clicks.
The most notable difference was the Capra was much quieter, as the 5 used to sound like a bag of spanners.
I had the sag set up to feel plush although when out the suspension felt a bit too soft so I will add 10psi front and back next time out.

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 3:46 Quote

Tidworth White Line trying to jump my mate

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 3:53 Quote
graemeiow wrote:

Nicely done. Haven't plucked up the courage to do that yet!

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 4:03 Quote
jrdwthomas wrote:
graemeiow wrote:

Do it, it's a bit of an anti climax to be honest. I rolled in from the top with no pedal strokes and over jumped it by a lot! It's a technically very easy jump

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 5:59 Quote
graemeiow wrote:
jrdwthomas wrote:
graemeiow wrote:

Do it, it's a bit of an anti climax to be honest. I rolled in from the top with no pedal strokes and over jumped it by a lot! It's a technically very easy jump

Awesome nice one, what is tidworth like worth the trip up there? was planning on going up there in a few weeks

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 6:09 Quote
Massingham wrote:
meti wrote:
Massingham wrote:

Or would you go with a Medium sized bike instead? The reach and top tube measurements seemed a bit short to me on the medium.

I'm 1.81 cm (5 ft 11 in) with 81.5 cm (32 in) inseam, and I ride an M, feel perfect to me, so yes, in the first time I'd bought an M, but, as you already ordered an L, you can swap your seatpost for a shorter one if you want the extra stability of the larger bike

Is your reverb all the way down in your seat post

5'10" with normal legs on a large and no probs with the 150 reverb
- unless you are gorilla proportioned go large, you'll be fine

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 6:20 Quote
robiow wrote:

Awesome nice one, what is tidworth like worth the trip up there? was planning on going up there in a few weeks

Awesome, absolutely love it there. Got a mass take over on BH Monday next week - about 20 of us going!

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 7:23 Quote
robiow wrote:
graemeiow wrote:
jrdwthomas wrote:

It's pretty decent in fairness. The runs are short but plenty to keep you occupied.

Off to bike park wales this weekend camping also. At this rate it might snow!

Also I'm 5ft 11 with 30inch leg. Large fits fine.

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 7:31 Quote
First impressions of my 16 capra cf med. At 5'7" I decided on med like my previous mach 6, but with a 32mm length Easton haven 35 stem and 20mm rise next 35 bars. Also had to trade for the 125mm reverb. Fits perfect now with plenty of room in the cockpit for my height and reach. Without these changes, the small would be the way to go.

The RS suspension at 25% front & 30% rear sag, 2 clicks low spd, 2 clicks rebounds and open setting fnt & rear, had the bike riding so quiet and smooth over everything big and small alike. The lyrik comes with 1 token installed, which I increased to 2 after a decent flat drop landing that bottomed the front. 2d attempt with 2 tokens showed it still used all the travel, but never felt it bottom & ramped up nicely to the end of the stroke.

After riding dw susp, vpp, and other high end carbon AM/enduro bikes, I noticed immediately that this v4 design provides a great feel when heading south bound or going fast, but doesn't give the snappy quickness on the trail like the others in open susp mode, which I can live with by switching to trail mode.

I was shocked on the climbs though, as I never noticed any excessive pedal bob. With the RF next crank & bar, minion dhr2 tires, 7 inch rotors & xo1 1195 cassette, the bike is 28.2 lbs without pedals, so this definately helped in the climb department. However, at the bike park, I tended to over shoot jumps without pedaling that my 27.5 wheeled dh rig wouldnt.

Personally, I'd stick with the aluminum version for the bike park's rocky dh stuff. Just a shame they don't offer a 180/170mm RS or Fox susp version in Al.

Almost forgot, it's so quiet because I swapped the e13 wheels for dt swiss ex471's. E13's were crazy loud!

Will post pics once my SLIK stealth graphics arrive Smile

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 7:58 Quote
Anyone fitted the Invisiframe stuff to the Red CF Pro ?

I'm wondering if I should order the Satin or Gloss finish. Anyone know what the difference would look like on the Red colour scheme.

Thanks.

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 8:09 Quote
AinsleyTrimix wrote:
Anyone fitted the Invisiframe stuff to the Red CF Pro ?

I'm wondering if I should order the Satin or Gloss finish. Anyone know what the difference would look like on the Red colour scheme.

Thanks.

I ordered gloss after asking the guys at invisiframe.

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 8:19 Quote
jrdwthomas wrote:
robiow wrote:

It's pretty decent in fairness. The runs are short but plenty to keep you occupied.

Off to bike park wales this weekend camping also. At this rate it might snow!

Also I'm 5ft 11 with 30inch leg. Large fits fine.

My new rule of thumb, is if it's raining or very wet, go to Rogate, if it's dry go to Tidworth. That chalk gets a bit lairy in the wet - 4 of us all binned it last wet day landing the first hip jump on Oblivion, all at different times of the day!!

I raced MIJ at FOD last weekend, did pretty shit but loved the experience! Ronnie took the win in seniors (again) - that boy is rapid and consistent, not bad as he's still 18!!!

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 10:00 Quote
I'm looking for some advice/pointers size wise as well....

I'm 6ft 4 and I cant decide between the Large Carbon or if I should wait and get the XL Alu Capra?

What do you guys think about the sizing on these?

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 10:08 Quote
AndrewGray wrote:

I'm 6ft 4 and I cant decide between the Large Carbon or if I should wait and get the XL Alu Capra?

defenetly XL if youre 193cm ?

im 183 on L
my friend is 188, he's putting on 70mm stem

I have to say it again ... Foot - Inch
Sucks ... :o)

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 10:10 Quote
MrJakobsen wrote:
AndrewGray wrote:

defenetly XL if youre 193cm ?

im 183 on L
my friend is 188, he's putting on 70mm stem

Yeah i'm 193cm, and that kind of sucks... the carbon version looks so much nicer!

Thanks for the reply!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016498
Mobile Version of Website