YT Capra Owners

Posted: May 8, 2016 at 6:47 Quote
RockNRolla92 wrote:
Just weighed my capra out of interest, 35pound! Even heavier than I expected though it does have a coil on it

Is that a CF?
I've a DB coil on mine and thought it was around 31-32lb maybe a need to weigh again!

Posted: May 8, 2016 at 7:17 Quote
GravesendGrunt wrote:
I've probably used the wrong term here,I was talking about needing 3 or 4 extra shims between the 'bearing top cover' and the 'compression ring' which seems a very odd thing to have to do with 2 parts that have been specifically designed to work together.

Ferisko wrote:
GravesendGrunt wrote:
These are the shims (hope ones) I've had to get to give the headset a chance to work,gonna need at least 3 of them to get that conical spacer to not fowl the frame.

The conical spacer is only held on the inner ring with a rubber o-ring and it can be moved higher or lower as needed. Mine just sits kind of in the middle of the inner flat surface of the conical cap.
But the bearing is integrated isn't it meaning there can always be variations as to how deep the bearing sits in the frame, my Hope headset came with three spacers to adjust for such an issue.

Posted: May 8, 2016 at 7:32 Quote
Dex79 wrote:
RockNRolla92 wrote:
Just weighed my capra out of interest, 35pound! Even heavier than I expected though it does have a coil on it

Is that a CF?
I've a DB coil on mine and thought it was around 31-32lb maybe a need to weigh again!

Na its an Al, 2x10 as well so its probably the heaviest model as well

Posted: May 8, 2016 at 9:07 Quote
hangdogr wrote:
BOS Kirk 170... Oil Leak

I just noticed this after a ride. Does this look like an oil leak?

Looks like deteriorated seals from lack of oil. Could be wrong, but I ran forks to that point before and realized there was little to no oil in the lowers. Try letting the fork sit upside down over night and immediately cycle it after to see if any oil pushes past the seal. Or just pry the seal up and check the foam ring area first.

Either way, I'd just get some new seals and service it & check the bushings for any wear while you have the lowers off.

Good luck!

Posted: May 8, 2016 at 10:46 Quote
So this is weird, but I finally had a chance to work on the frameset that I bought, taking it apart and cleaning it up. Heard something moving around inside the frame, jostled it around a bit and found these two things. Can anyone tell me where these go/where they came from? They were loose, rattling around inside the downtube. It's like a clear piece of tubing and a black rubber thing....I assume they came loose during the breakdown by the seller and/or shipping to me.

Posted: May 8, 2016 at 11:01 Quote
I had the same thing in mine. It is just a tube used to connect the front and aft openings in the frame to route the rear deraileur line trough. Unfortunately mine became disconnected at one end. Made it a pain to route a new cable through until I got the other side disconnected.

chrisingrassia wrote:
So this is weird, but I finally had a chance to work on the frameset that I bought, taking it apart and cleaning it up. Heard something moving around inside the frame, jostled it around a bit and found these two things. Can anyone tell me where these go/where they came from? They were loose, rattling around inside the downtube. It's like a clear piece of tubing and a black rubber thing....I assume they came loose during the breakdown by the seller and/or shipping to me.

Posted: May 8, 2016 at 11:08 Quote
Chris9702l wrote:
I had the same thing in mine. It is just a tube used to connect the front and aft openings in the frame to route the rear deraileur line trough. Unfortunately mine became disconnected at one end. Made it a pain to route a new cable through until I got the other side disconnected.

chrisingrassia wrote:

Is the little black piece also for the derailleur line? What was even holding that stuff in the frame?

Posted: May 8, 2016 at 11:18 Quote
chrisingrassia wrote:
Chris9702l wrote:

chrisingrassia wrote:

Is the little black piece also for the derailleur line? What was even holding that stuff in the frame?

The black bit sits outside the frame in the opening

Posted: May 8, 2016 at 11:26 Quote
Hey, this is my first post on Pink Bike, although I've been on it for a while.

I ride a medium 2012 26inch Stumpy Evo and did a test ride on a Santa Cruz Nomad CC recently. The 650b wheels were awesome, and my local trails were so much quickerSmile

I've looked at some second hand Nomads, but have realised I can buy a brand new Capra CF Pro Race for the same money ... this makes me happy!

It looks like a medium will fit me and my riding style the best (5foot 11, doing drops and gaps as well as going up and down Surrey Hills with BPW and some Alps riding once a year).

1) Does anyone know how long YT are taking to ship bikes out? They have the Med is stock
2) Would anyone comment on the longer travel CF Capra Pro model? Is this any good at climbing?
3) Any tips on frame protection kits? (I've always bought second hand, so have never bothered before!)

Thanks Smile

Posted: May 8, 2016 at 11:43 Quote
I think Its the silicone sleeve that should of been around the gear cable for reducing internal frame noise/rattling. The black bit is a rubber brace/holder for the same gear cable.I never had this on my frame or at least I thought I didn't until I came to change gear cable and something was stopping me pulling from frame -this black rubber bit had been pulled into my frame at assembly and caused me a mare trying to get cable out.
chrisingrassia wrote:

Posted: May 8, 2016 at 14:17 Quote
livlief wrote:
hangdogr wrote:
BOS Kirk 170... Oil Leak

I just noticed this after a ride. Does this look like an oil leak?

Looks like deteriorated seals from lack of oil. Could be wrong, but I ran forks to that point before and realized there was little to no oil in the lowers. Try letting the fork sit upside down over night and immediately cycle it after to see if any oil pushes past the seal. Or just pry the seal up and check the foam ring area first.

Either way, I'd just get some new seals and service it & check the bushings for any wear while you have the lowers off.
Good luck!

Thanks. Bad seals seem to be the consensus. it figures, just when I got back my Kirk, the Deville starts needing attention.

Posted: May 8, 2016 at 15:42 Quote
I'm looking at getting a second hand capra cf frame from pinkbike buy sell. The grey and yellow one. Any thoughts?

How much do you guys think a third hand frame is worth, ex shock?

And, worth the risk on third hand?

I've heard the crash replacement price for the seatstay is €200. Is that right? Does anyone know the price for the front triangle? Would the warranty only apply to the original owner?

Posted: May 8, 2016 at 15:56 Quote
[Quote="MrJakobsen"]
jrdwthomas wrote:
Well today i had my first spill on the Capra... on a jump i've done so many times before without issue! Sucks. Bruised ego, bit of claret and a bent rear mech was the outcome - thankfully. Not a scratch on the bike otherwise.

Have a laugh at this!

Small bit of flex on that front wheel .. sprung back fine?

Posted: May 8, 2016 at 18:14 Quote
Previn wrote:
Hey, this is my first post on Pink Bike..........

1) Does anyone know how long YT are taking to ship bikes out? They have the Med is stock
2) Would anyone comment on the longer travel CF Capra Pro model? Is this any good at climbing?
3) Any tips on frame protection kits? (I've always bought second hand, so have never bothered before!)

Thanks Smile

Welcome
If bikes in stock when u order u should have it in around a week.
I think they all climb well, mines the 170mm Lyric and climbs better than my last bike.
A lot of ppl use invisiframe kits, i just used some much cheaper protection tape from ebay, good enough for me.

Also if u do buy one using paypal or bank transfer u will get charged a lot, best bet is transgerwise or similer online transfer company, will cost £0-£20

Peace

Posted: May 8, 2016 at 23:06 Quote
[Quote="Crapalier"]
MrJakobsen wrote:
jrdwthomas wrote:
Well today i had my first spill on the Capra... on a jump i've done so many times before without issue! Sucks. Bruised ego, bit of claret and a bent rear mech was the outcome - thankfully. Not a scratch on the bike otherwise.

Have a laugh at this!

Small bit of flex on that front wheel .. sprung back fine?

Yes wheel still runs nice and true. Can't fault them!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.037667
Mobile Version of Website