YT Capra Owners

Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 0:22 Quote
Woppyman wrote:
Been away from this forum for a couple of months. Managed to rip the sidewalls open on my Nicks in some unforgiving Portugese rock gardens (and some ill advised skatepark drops!)
What tyres are running well in Uk (tubeless) - good all rounders for rolling resistance, grip and longevity. I'm about 80kg, and try not to ride in lots of slop unless unavoidable.
Managed to find some better tyres than my trusty Minons , Maxxis Aggressors , grips like shit to a blanket an Antur so I guess will be great anywhere !

Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 0:42 Quote
Woppyman wrote:
What tyres are running well in Uk (tubeless) - good all rounders for rolling resistance, grip and longevity. I'm about 80kg, and try not to ride in lots of slop unless unavoidable.

I'm also looking. I can't complain about the HRII's and their grip (although they did clog up in slop) but they feel unbelievably draggy. I can usually ride for hours no problem, but an hour on the Capra on the HRII's kills me. I also weighed them and they come in at 960g.

My current thinking is to try a DHF and DHRII but I'm not sure if they will have less rolling resistance then the HRII's?

I love the grip from the minions, and they are 100g-200g lighter per tyre, but as well as being unsure on the rolling resistance I am also concerned how narrow they are. HRII's are 61mm, and the Minions are supposed to be 58mm, so only 3mm difference, but looking at an old 26" minion DHF they look mincey, and I dont want anything too narrow on carbon rims.

Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 1:34 Quote
So YT have offered to swap my Bos fork for a RS pike I am half tempted to accepted there offer just to get rid of the forever failing Bos crap of the bike, but I cant help feeling they should be at least replacing with a lyric.

What you guys think? is the pike good as they say? and would the pike be good enough for riding in the alps.

Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 2:00 Quote
SubMarined wrote:
Just ordered a Black Capra pro, woop!
Does anyone know if the fox bikes come with volume reducers in the box? I'm about to order the travel reduction spacers so I may as well order a couple of volume reducers at the same time if they don't come with any.

Also, any good alternatives to Fox Fork oil and Slick Honey? If not, no problem, but I don't want to have to just pay Fox Tax if there are cheaper/better alternatives.

Oh, and does anybody want to buy some Crossmaxes? Will ship them out as soon as it gets here and you can get your name on the replacement scheme thingy Smile I'd keep them but I've already got some Hopes that I love a little too much!

Nobeerinthefridge wrote:
Having removed the bolt on front mech mount from my Capra, I'm left with an unsightly aluminium boss, any idea if you can buy a black cover for this?

Zing!
http://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/direct-mount-cover.htm

No volume reducers in the box.... Fork comes standard with 1 blue... Shock comes with 4 bands fitted.

Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 2:09 Quote
robiow wrote:
So YT have offered to swap my Bos fork for a RS pike I am half tempted to accepted there offer just to get rid of the forever failing Bos crap of the bike, but I cant help feeling they should be at least replacing with a lyric.

What you guys think? is the pike good as they say? and would the pike be good enough for riding in the alps.

It will handle the Alps no problem. Rockshox is more like bos in feel than fox for example. As in a very supple beggining stroke even at high pressures. It's just not going to be as stiff and you won't be able to get it as fine tuned as your bos. It's more than capable though and personally, I'd rather ride a reliable fork havin paid for a trip to the Alps than have the worry of having to get it fixed and missing time on your holiday. There's no doubt, the lyrik is better than pike so see what you can negotiate with YT? I'm very pleased with my pike though. It's well damped on the big stuff and I don't really get arm pump unless it's really long decents. And that's with 10%sag and a 35mm carbon bar.

Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 2:55 Quote
lukachadwick wrote:
robiow wrote:

It will handle the Alps no problem. Rockshox is more like bos in feel than fox for example. As in a very supple beggining stroke even at high pressures. It's just not going to be as stiff and you won't be able to get it as fine tuned as your bos. It's more than capable though and personally, I'd rather ride a reliable fork havin paid for a trip to the Alps than have the worry of having to get it fixed and missing time on your holiday. There's no doubt, the lyrik is better than pike so see what you can negotiate with YT? I'm very pleased with my pike though. It's well damped on the big stuff and I don't really get arm pump unless it's really long decents. And that's with 10%sag and a 35mm carbon bar.

Thanks for the reply luka good to know the pike is handling what you throw at it. I am pretty sure the pike is going to
do its job and i will be the weak link in the set up. but your info gives me confidence if i cant negotiate a lyric.

Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 3:07 Quote
SubMarined wrote:
maxeponken wrote:
Got my CF Pro today, What a bike!!! It weighs next to nothing and it is really good in the uphills and it f*cking rips on the downhills!

Package was really good, I'm 181 and size L was perfect fit. Build quality was great everything works perfect right out of the box.
Paint Finnish is just fine, carbon parts of the frame looks REALLY good.

Will try to get some pictures tomorrow.

Anyone got a psi chart for the pressure in the 36 and X2 depending on your weight? I'm 68kg and don't know what pressure to set?
Great to hear! Ordered my pro yesterday, not in stock for a few weeks though Frown did you get any volume reducers for the forks and shock in the box?

Doesnt come with any out of the box

Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 4:08 Quote
lukachadwick wrote:
Hi guys! I have just ordered my Capra Comp 2. I just thought it would be good to have a thread where capra owners can share photos, make suggestions/ recommendations, share concerns or faults, ask questions and chat about the capra!

Happy riding! Smile

I don't think it will ever take off Luca. Whose going to buy a German bike mail order?

Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 6:22 Quote
Woppyman wrote:
Been away from this forum for a couple of months. Managed to rip the sidewalls open on my Nicks in some unforgiving Portugese rock gardens (and some ill advised skatepark drops!)

Michelin Grip'R in the advanced reinforced variety is pretty good. Rolls much faster than a DHR2 while having more grip but you will lose a wee bit of braking traction. Still excellent braking traction. The new micheln sidewalls kills pretty much everything else out there. If you ever go back to Portugal or the Alps then try the Rock'R2, Best. Cornering. Tyre.EVER.
Let's just say I will not be going back to Maxxis. If it didn't take them so long to get double down minions in Europe I never would have found out how much better Michelin tyres are compared to pretty much everybody else. Bloody good tyres.

Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 12:40 Quote
Was going to post some pictures.. how do I upload them from a mobile device?

Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 13:16 Quote
maxeponken wrote:

You can email them to post@pinkbike.com from the email account associated with your PB account. You'll still need to link to the photos in this thread, though. Do-able but a bit tedious.

Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 13:45 Quote
Has anyone got experience of both 160 and 180mm travel on the front of their Capra? Dont really care how well it would pedal with the 180 more if its noticeably a lot better in the descents for bike park type duties. I know the theory that it should be some better but is it worth it better?

Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 13:46 Quote
maxeponken wrote:

You can upload if you view the site from desktop view in your mobile browser...

Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 13:47 Quote
robiow wrote:

Yt offered me a pike and I said I wasn't happy as my bos was 170mm. They offered me a lyrik and I was chuffed. They rang back an hr later and said they were all out of them and offered my a 36 180 mm but they changed the travel to 170 mm for me. Can't fault that for service. They even gave me a new style mech hanger as I had a new frame off them.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014074
Mobile Version of Website