YT Capra Owners

Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 14:05 Quote
TallTomT wrote:
maxeponken wrote:
Was going to post some pictures.. how do I upload them from a mobile device?

You can upload if you view the site from desktop view in your mobile browser...

Ah so....thx.

Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 14:16 Quote
I found out today my Bushes have gone in my Bos Devilie's ...

Anybody had these replaced in the UK ?
Any feedback on the service from Jungle or Plushtuning or Jtech ?

Cheers in advance

Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 14:30 Quote
Blaenavonbutt wrote:
robiow wrote:
So YT have offered to swap my Bos fork for a RS pike I am half tempted to accepted there offer just to get rid of the forever failing Bos crap of the bike, but I cant help feeling they should be at least replacing with a lyric.

What you guys think? is the pike good as they say? and would the pike be good enough for riding in the alps.

Yt offered me a pike and I said I wasn't happy as my bos was 170mm. They offered me a lyrik and I was chuffed. They rang back an hr later and said they were all out of them and offered my a 36 180 mm but they changed the travel to 170 mm for me. Can't fault that for service. They even gave me a new style mech hanger as I had a new frame off them.

Winner!!

Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 14:46 Quote
TallTomT wrote:
Blaenavonbutt wrote:
robiow wrote:
So YT have offered to swap my Bos fork for a RS pike I am half tempted to accepted there offer just to get rid of the forever failing Bos crap of the bike, but I cant help feeling they should be at least replacing with a lyric.

What you guys think? is the pike good as they say? and would the pike be good enough for riding in the alps.

Yt offered me a pike and I said I wasn't happy as my bos was 170mm. They offered me a lyrik and I was chuffed. They rang back an hr later and said they were all out of them and offered my a 36 180 mm but they changed the travel to 170 mm for me. Can't fault that for service. They even gave me a new style mech hanger as I had a new frame off them.

Winner!!

This kind of behavior by YT sells bikes.

Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 22:15 Quote
Dex79 wrote:
Has anyone got experience of both 160 and 180mm travel on the front of their Capra? Dont really care how well it would pedal with the 180 more if its noticeably a lot better in the descents for bike park type duties. I know the theory that it should be some better but is it worth it better?
Nope, however, you could use man maths to justify the Fox bike with 180s and then 20 quid from Mojo gets you all the bits you need to do a lower leg service and knock the travel down to 160 if you need it Smile

deadpool2e wrote:

Doesnt come with any out of the box

MrIntense50 wrote:
No volume reducers in the box.... Fork comes standard with 1 blue... Shock comes with 4 bands fitted.

Perfect, cheers dudes. Smile

Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 23:48 Quote
Dex79 wrote:
Has anyone got experience of both 160 and 180mm travel on the front of their Capra? Dont really care how well it would pedal with the 180 more if its noticeably a lot better in the descents for bike park type duties. I know the theory that it should be some better but is it worth it better?

The capra handles a lot better with 160. 170 is a good compromise and better for DH. I find 180 way too much - steep tech climbs wander... I would only recommend 180 if you only do uplifts.

Posted: Jun 2, 2016 at 0:26 Quote
I'm selling my pike for 420 euros shipped if anyone is interested :p

Posted: Jun 2, 2016 at 1:48 Quote
Angus-4 wrote:
I found out today my Bushes have gone in my Bos Devilie's ...

Anybody had these replaced in the UK ?
Any feedback on the service from Jungle or Plushtuning or Jtech ?

Cheers in advance

I had my bushings replaced 2 weeks ago at Jungle, then my local suspension guy at North East Cycleworks serviced them. Bushings are nice and tight and forks are buttery smooth again.????
(It was £70 for bushings at Jungle).

Dave

Posted: Jun 2, 2016 at 4:55 Quote
Puts any concerns over carbon to bed then. Cheers amigos.

Posted: Jun 2, 2016 at 5:29 Quote
I have uploaded some photos on my profile for those who are curious how the cf pro looks in real life Smile
Will upload the photos here when I have access to a computer.

Posted: Jun 2, 2016 at 6:01 Quote
I've taken mine out for a couple of rides now, and it's awesome, I love it. I do have a creaking coming from either the saddle rails or seatpost clamp though that I just can't get rid of.

Also, getting used to the lower BB height is taking some time, so many pedal strikes!

Posted: Jun 2, 2016 at 6:03 Quote
HowitzerUK wrote:
I've taken mine out for a couple of rides now, and it's awesome, I love it. I do have a creaking coming from either the saddle rails or seatpost clamp though that I just can't get rid of.

Also, getting used to the lower BB height is taking some time, so many pedal strikes!

Probably the saddle rails, pretty sure those ones are known to suffer from it. Mines certainly did

Posted: Jun 2, 2016 at 8:28 Quote
HowitzerUK wrote:

Yep, my saddle rails started creaking on the 2nd ride

Posted: Jun 2, 2016 at 10:59 Quote
Richt2000 wrote:
Dex79 wrote:

The capra handles a lot better with 160. 170 is a good compromise and better for DH. I find 180 way too much - steep tech climbs wander... I would only recommend 180 if you only do uplifts.

Steep tech climbs would be done pushing by me haha. I really have zero love for climbing. Just trying to decide of I should be saving to get a DH bike for park and uplifts although most of the venues I ride wouldn't need a full on DH bike or if I get some 180mm fork for the Capra and maybe keep my pike for trail rides.

Posted: Jun 2, 2016 at 11:37 Quote
Perhaps a stupid question, but maybe I'm doing something wrong. Trying to remove the stock RF Cinch BB, having a bear of a time using the Park Tool. Any tips here? Is it held in with Loctite or something?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017901
Mobile Version of Website