YT Capra Owners

Posted: Jun 2, 2016 at 11:53 Quote
RockNRolla92 wrote:
Boardlife69 wrote:
Chris9702l wrote:
I have/had both the CCDB coil and air CS. I would go with the air. With the coil you will never get full travel and then you have the big weight penalty.

Interesting. I would have thought that a linear coil would use more travel than a progressive air can. Any one else have any experience using a coil on the Capra?

Yeah I'm not sure what he means by not getting full travel with a coil, doesn't really make sense.

I've got a dbcoil cs on mine and its been fantastic, still poppy and progressive but just generates grip out of everything and feels more stable. I will say the climb switch is almost a requirement for the coil though, its got a bit more pedal bob if you set it up to make it plush. Also makes it better for jump lines with the cs on

[L=][/L]
photo
Made a ghetto travel indicator for the shock (wheel spoke going from the reservoir to the red thingie on the rear of the shock). The silver mark on the spoke represents full travel (2.75"). The black travel indicator tells me how much travel I have used (like the rubber O ring on an air shock shaft or fork).The most travel I could ever use is 2.5". Sag is 35% with no HSC dialed in on the shock.

Posted: Jun 2, 2016 at 12:08 Quote
Had my Rockhopper hardtail stolen from train station yesterday. Thieves broke into the secured compound and bolt cuttered the cable lock. The bike was £899 new and have spent £1100 on upgrades. Very gutted as I have a lot of love for that bike.

On to the good news, looks like I might get a £1500 insurance payout. I will probably buy a £100 hack bike from eBay for commuting, which gives me £1400 for upgradings the Capra. What should I buy?

2014 Capra Pro - thinking wheels as I love the Bos!

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2016 at 12:30 Quote
Unlucky fella.
I've just ordered a replacement for my 2004 Giant XTC hardtail a new 'next gen' Stanton Slackline frame and some shiny new bits to build it with,It's gonna be on probation this winter though as the giant has served me brilliantly for 12 years now.Why don't you build a fun Surrey targeted winter hardtail /cool commuter bike Big Grin ?
Failing that get an upgraded light and strong wheelset (if you need one).
Woppyman wrote:
Had my Rockhopper hardtail stolen from train station yesterday. Thieves broke into the secured compound and bolt cuttered the cable lock. The bike was £899 new and have spent £1100 on upgrades. Very gutted as I have a lot of love for that bike.

On to the good news, looks like I might get a £1500 insurance payout. I will probably buy a £100 hack bike from eBay for commuting, which gives me £1400 for upgradings the Capra. What should I buy?

2014 Capra Pro - thinking wheels as I love the Bos!

Posted: Jun 2, 2016 at 13:43 Quote
maxeponken wrote:
I have uploaded some photos on my profile for those who are curious how the cf pro looks in real life Smile
Will upload the photos here when I have access to a computer.

Nice...........Is that ur friends Ali Capra in photo? Would be interesting to hear ur veiws on ridding both bikes back to back.
-------------
Any of u Guys ridding @ Blk Mount or Revo this weekend ? Guys i ride with are having a Birthday weekender so doing both Confused Beer

Posted: Jun 2, 2016 at 13:59 Quote
Selling a axle, volume reducer and top cap for the Deville ,and new mech hanger if anyone is interested?

Posted: Jun 2, 2016 at 17:03 Quote
Has anyone experienced creaking and clicking from the headset? I've only ridden the bike 3 times (2016 AL Comp 1)

Originally I thought it was from the fork but I turned the bike upside and rocked the forks and it's the headset.

It seems to be worse after about half an hour of riding and mainly going over little bumps and when braking.

Tried loosening the stem and turning the top bolt about 1/4 turn but no joy. Seems to be getting worse over time.

Posted: Jun 2, 2016 at 20:09 Quote
Massingham wrote:
Has anyone experienced creaking and clicking from the headset? I've only ridden the bike 3 times (2016 AL Comp 1)

Originally I thought it was from the fork but I turned the bike upside and rocked the forks and it's the headset.

It seems to be worse after about half an hour of riding and mainly going over little bumps and when braking.

Tried loosening the stem and turning the top bolt about 1/4 turn but no joy. Seems to be getting worse over time.
The guys at yt usa told me it might be from the top cap hitting the steerer instead of compressing the spacers. Sure enough, my steerer is cut to max length, and the cap was hitting it. Probably should have the quality department make an eco for shortening the steerer... Try adding another spacer, or a bigger one, on top and also apply some loctite on the bolt.

Posted: Jun 2, 2016 at 23:20 Quote
Anyone running a rockshox vivid coil on their Capra? What settings are you running? Thanks

Posted: Jun 3, 2016 at 3:19 Quote
Hi all,

I'm about to order a Al Comp but I'm stuck between sizes. Just so I don't bore everyone with measurements etc. Just wondering if there is anyone in the Scottish Borders who has a large or medium I could have a wee seat on? Might be a beer or two in it for you? Many thanks guys and girls

Stephen

Posted: Jun 3, 2016 at 4:39 Quote
Stephen1979 wrote:
Hi all,

I'm about to order a Al Comp but I'm stuck between sizes. Just so I don't bore everyone with measurements etc. Just wondering if there is anyone in the Scottish Borders who has a large or medium I could have a wee seat on? Might be a beer or two in it for you? Many thanks guys and girls

Stephen

Usually see atleast 5 or 6 per ride in the tweed valley. Mines an XL though but sure people will help out

Posted: Jun 3, 2016 at 5:52 Quote
This has likely been answered before but do you need any specific tools to replace the frame bearings?

Posted: Jun 3, 2016 at 7:25 Quote
Ok im about to bite the bullet and upgrade from a Monarch to Fox Float X2.

The question is do you really need a climb switch with the X2??

I know that Fox isnt going to make them with a climb switch in that size (222x70mm), but you can get one fitted by mojo.

Is a climb switch really needed?? What are peoples experiences with them? Cheers

Posted: Jun 3, 2016 at 7:33 Quote
Im looking to do mine soon. But i read in an earlier post that the V4L horst link bearings are a bit of a nightmare to change.
The bearings have a threaded sleeve inbetween them. Part 5 on the exploded diagram from YT website.
Apparently you can move the sleeve a little to gently tap on the inner race of the bearing and tap it out with a punch, but if the inner race separates from the outer race, then it will end up stuck in the V4L link and you will have to cut it out with a small grinding dremel.

The main pivot bearings and the chain stay bearings look fairly straight forward to do though.

shbell23 wrote:
This has likely been answered before but do you need any specific tools to replace the frame bearings?

O+
Posted: Jun 3, 2016 at 8:38 Quote
Hey folks.
I Am having issues with a noisey headset on the goat. Anyone got a Link for the replacement specs I need?
i have stripped and lubed the thing and it is still noisey. Sounds like a glass cracking every so often. Please say that is not the pikes doing their rattle thing.

Posted: Jun 3, 2016 at 10:12 Quote
smobytoe wrote:
Hey folks.
I Am having issues with a noisey headset on the goat. Anyone got a Link for the replacement specs I need?
i have stripped and lubed the thing and it is still noisey. Sounds like a glass cracking every so often. Please say that is not the pikes doing their rattle thing.

I'm having the same issue but I have Lyriks. Initially I thought it was coming from the forks but turned the bike upside down to rock the forks and it's coming from the headset.

Going to strip it down and grease it all up and hope that resolves it as it was fine on the first ride.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016728
Mobile Version of Website