YT Capra Owners

Posted: Jun 3, 2016 at 10:31 Quote
wilfred2551 wrote:
Ok im about to bite the bullet and upgrade from a Monarch to Fox Float X2.

The question is do you really need a climb switch with the X2??

I know that Fox isnt going to make them with a climb switch in that size (222x70mm), but you can get one fitted by mojo.

Is a climb switch really needed?? What are peoples experiences with them? Cheers
Why not, is what I say.

Posted: Jun 3, 2016 at 12:18 Quote
What sag are people running with the rock shox lyric & monarch?

Posted: Jun 3, 2016 at 12:29 Quote
wilfred2551 wrote:
Im looking to do mine soon. But i read in an earlier post that the V4L horst link bearings are a bit of a nightmare to change.
The bearings have a threaded sleeve inbetween them. Part 5 on the exploded diagram from YT website.
Apparently you can move the sleeve a little to gently tap on the inner race of the bearing and tap it out with a punch, but if the inner race separates from the outer race, then it will end up stuck in the V4L link and you will have to cut it out with a small grinding dremel.

The main pivot bearings and the chain stay bearings look fairly straight forward to do though.

shbell23 wrote:
This has likely been answered before but do you need any specific tools to replace the frame bearings?

Mine were a bit of a mare, I agree V4L can be tricky but with a bit of gentle persuasion should come out.

Posted: Jun 3, 2016 at 15:07 Quote
Put some matchng red decals on the forks/shock/cranks and wheels but not sure if the wheels are a bit OTT?

Posted: Jun 3, 2016 at 15:38 Quote
kaibr88 wrote:
What sag are people running with the rock shox lyric & monarch?

30%

Posted: Jun 3, 2016 at 15:39 Quote
jacksonrj wrote:
Put some matchng red decals on the forks/shock/cranks and wheels but not sure if the wheels are a bit OTT?

Woah, too much IMO fella, sorry Confused

Posted: Jun 3, 2016 at 15:44 Quote
jacksonrj wrote:

too much. remove the decals on wheels!

Posted: Jun 3, 2016 at 16:06 Quote
singletrackrocks wrote:
jacksonrj wrote:

ArMyN16 wrote:
jacksonrj wrote:

Don't listen to these guys. Don't remove anything, keep it the way you want. It's gonna be covered in dirt/mud soon anyway.

.......right?

That wallpaper is a crime though Wink

Posted: Jun 3, 2016 at 19:00 Quote
chrisingrassia wrote:
singletrackrocks wrote:
jacksonrj wrote:

ArMyN16 wrote:
jacksonrj wrote:

Don't listen to these guys. Don't remove anything, keep it the way you want. It's gonna be covered in dirt/mud soon anyway.

.......right?

This...lol

Posted: Jun 3, 2016 at 23:10 Quote
jacksonrj wrote:

to much for me also
but i prefer a very clean style
so to much "noise"
but go with what Your self think is cool

Posted: Jun 3, 2016 at 23:22 Quote
Yep,too busy looking for me too-wheels and crank back to stealth black or maybe just the little 'red XMC 1200' details would do it more for me. You haven't done it to make us happy though so if you love it ride and enjoy it .
Less is More sometimes.

Posted: Jun 3, 2016 at 23:47 Quote
jacksonrj wrote:

For me the wheels are a bit OTT. Have them as all black and then the colour balance should be pretty spot on I reckon.

I went the opposite to you and went stealth with all the black bits so mine is more subdued.

Posted: Jun 4, 2016 at 0:42 Quote
You need an off setting color to match. Too much of one color is too much.

Posted: Jun 4, 2016 at 0:50 Quote
chrisingrassia wrote:

lol, so Im not the only one with bad taste in the household Smile

Posted: Jun 4, 2016 at 2:49 Quote
matther01 wrote:
jacksonrj wrote:

For me the wheels are a bit OTT. Have them as all black and then the colour balance should be pretty spot on I reckon.

I went the opposite to you and went stealth with all the black bits so mine is more subdued.

I like it ! Cook

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.024265
Mobile Version of Website