YT Capra Owners

Posted: Jun 5, 2016 at 11:08 Quote
Hey folks,
Quick question. Does everyone's rear derailleur hanger bolt look like this?
photo

Building up my Capra today, and my Hope hub makes this deraileur bolt look weird. The hub bore doesn't fit around/over this derailleur threading that sticks out. Is something wrong here?
photo

O+
Posted: Jun 5, 2016 at 11:37 Quote
Something wrong there fella,that bolt thread should be flush or recessed it looks like its either too long or hanger is to thin.
chrisingrassia wrote:
Hey folks,
photo

Building up my Capra today, and my Hope hub makes this deraileur bolt look weird. The hub bore doesn't fit around/over this derailleur threading that sticks out. Is something wrong here?
photo

Posted: Jun 5, 2016 at 11:43 Quote
My thoughts exactly. Bought the frame used second-hand, so I'm reaching out to the seller to see what is up. I was convinced this wasn't right, the threading should be flush so the hub fits right up against that mech flange. Is there maybe supposed to be a spacer installed on the screw, perhaps on the outside of the triangle? Can someone possibly throw up a quick close-up of their setup just so I can troubleshoot?

GravesendGrunt wrote:
Something wrong there fella,that bolt thread should be flush or recessed it looks like its either too long or hanger is to thin.
chrisingrassia wrote:
Hey folks,
photo

photo

O+
Posted: Jun 5, 2016 at 11:51 Quote
Your bolt looks like its made of two materials ,or something has been added in where the colour change in threads is. Try unscrewing (19mm nut with a 'reverse' thread)it and having a looky
photo
photo
chrisingrassia wrote:
My thoughts exactly. Bought the frame used second-hand, so I'm reaching out to the seller to see what is up. I was convinced this wasn't right, the threading should be flush so the hub fits right up against that mech flange. Is there maybe supposed to be a spacer installed on the screw, perhaps on the outside of the triangle? Can someone possibly throw up a quick close-up of their setup just so I can troubleshoot?

GravesendGrunt wrote:
chrisingrassia wrote:
Hey folks,
photo

photo

Posted: Jun 5, 2016 at 12:13 Quote
I backed out out my mech bolt just until it was perfectly flush, and this is what it looks like. Either the seller swapped out the mech bolt for some reason, or there was a spacer in there that he also removed, or something isn't right.
photo
photo

My mech bolt is 25.4mm. Can someone else confirm that's the same size as theirs, please?
photo

GravesendGrunt wrote:
Your bolt looks like its made of two materials ,or something has been added in where the colour change in threads is. Try unscrewing (19mm nut with a 'reverse' thread)it and having a looky
photo
photo

O+
Posted: Jun 5, 2016 at 12:27 Quote
Yep wrong bolt ,maybe from a Tues?
photo

photo
Yep Tues bolt .
chrisingrassia wrote:
I backed out out my mech bolt just until it was perfectly flush, and this is what it looks like. Either the seller swapped out the much bolt for some reason, or there was a spacer in there that he also removed, or something isn't right.
photo
photo

My mech bolt is 25.4mm. Can someone else confirm that's the same size as theirs, please?
photo

GravesendGrunt wrote:
photo
photo

Posted: Jun 5, 2016 at 12:39 Quote
OK great, thanks a ton for your help, really appreciate that.

GravesendGrunt wrote:
Yep wrong bolt ,maybe from a Tues?
photo

Posted: Jun 5, 2016 at 12:55 Quote
This Ride was bewitched today, 3 flats, a new inner tube already punctured and 2 snapped spokes...
Luckily it was just material.

Posted: Jun 5, 2016 at 12:57 Quote
ChegalhaVara wrote:
This Ride was bewitched today, 3 flats, a new inner tube already punctured and 2 snapped spokes...

I lasted 10sec listening to that. Needs the sound of the tires and the dirt and "woo-hoo's!", not metal music.

Posted: Jun 5, 2016 at 13:14 Quote
chrisingrassia wrote:
ChegalhaVara wrote:

I lasted 10sec listening to that. Needs the sound of the tires and the dirt and "woo-hoo's!", not metal music.

Just give it a try, the sound of the tires and the dirt and "woo-hoo's" are there and you can listen to them, the sound of the music is lower than all that sounds you (and me) like Wink

Posted: Jun 5, 2016 at 15:43 Quote
chrisingrassia wrote:

LoL....Exactly, i cant be bothered watching music-bike vids any more, ill either watch them muted (if ridding looks GrCool or click stop after i hear the muSick ruining the vids

Posted: Jun 5, 2016 at 15:45 Quote
On another note had a mad weekender, Black Mountiain saturday and Revolution Bike Park today, loved it bad even tho i still suck @ jumping tup

Posted: Jun 5, 2016 at 16:34 Quote
jacksonrj wrote:
Put some matchng red decals on the forks/shock/cranks and wheels but not sure if the wheels are a bit OTT?

photo

Mate, what ever floats your boat! But it looks like a santa cruz owner has got hold of your YT and had a party! [PI= size=l0 align=c][/PI]

Posted: Jun 6, 2016 at 2:19 Quote
DanDrago wrote:
bgodd wrote:
So, this is me Capra. Big Grin Sorry for the low quality pictures.
photo
photo
photo

How'd you get the top tube all black? Looks good!

Matte black vinyl. Bought it on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171861548399?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=470920576541&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Posted: Jun 6, 2016 at 3:30 Quote
ChrisMcfc wrote:
[YT=http://youtu.be/lMWBmzKa_NE]

On the AL yesterday at Antur Stiniog. Handled everything I could throw at it

How was it on the double black? I've been thinking of taking mine there but I destroyed my rear wheel there last time out on my downhill bike and I don't know if I have the balls of testing the carbon rims on the square edge rocks of Antur! Could be a costly day!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.025757
Mobile Version of Website