YT Capra Owners

Author Message
Posted: Jun 29, 2016 at 5:24 Quote
wilfred2551 wrote:
jasonhardy1 wrote:
My 2015 carbon Capra bottom bracket bearings have just died. Which bottom bracket is best to replace the standard one with? What size etc?
How do you remove and install these silly press for bottom brackets?
What's wrong with good old threaded ones!!??


I had the same problem last week, see my post below

After 6 months, my BB bearing are rough as a badger and need replacing. They haven't lasted long at all. Not blaming YT. At the end of the day, Raceface Cinch PF30 BB retails at £35. You get what you pay for....a decent BB, with cheap bearings.

Managed to gently tap the bearings out with a hammer and punch. Ordered some Enduro bearings which should last a lot longer hopefuly. Fitted them today with a my home made press (few sockets and threaded bar etc), worked a treat.

The original bearings were a 6806 RS bearings. Heres a link for the enduro ones if anyones got the same issue

http://www.wychbearings.co.uk/6806-LLB-Enduro.html?gclid=CNT6zr6w_coCFQoUwwodvfYNog

Expecting the headset to go next, anyone replaced one??

Are ye lads riding the same bike as me?

I ordered an fsa pf30 bb for my Capra as the original cinch didn't last long, and it is way too big for the cranks. I have the same Cinch bb and race face cranks as you guys so when you said the original bearings were replaceable I ordered the 6806 but they are the same size as the ones that came with the FSA headset. Is it a pf30 bb or not?

Posted: Jun 29, 2016 at 6:11 Quote
Has anyone been able to compare the Capra with the Nomad?? Just wondering what you preferred. Thanks.

Posted: Jun 29, 2016 at 6:11 Quote
wrote:
how did you compare the deville to the lyric? or bos v rock shox in general

The Bos stuff feels better, no doubt, the fine tuning really made a difference but as we all know Bos as a company suck rotten bananas out from monkeys assh0les.

The Devilles forks were noticeably lighter but the Lyriks feel slightly more plush (like old Marzocchi) and are pretty easy to set up,

the rear end feels pretty much the same with the RS shock but now it doesn't sound like a hookers bed and doesn't loose air in the same way.

I don't wish to offend Bos fans but I wouldn't swap out my RS for any of their stuff now, with RS you pretty much fit, forget and can self service, warranty also seems brilliant in comparison.

Posted: Jun 29, 2016 at 6:47 Quote
chrisingrassia wrote:
pneuman wrote:
I'm in Canada. I ordered a Capra May 13 paid by credit card and had to cancel May 28. As of today June 28, I have still not received the refund on my credit card.

Has anyone had any trouble cancelling their order with YT Canada?
Have you called anyone?


Yes, I spoke with JM on May 28, he said it would be no problem cancelling the order. I als emailed him and YT Canada.

Posted: Jun 29, 2016 at 7:28 Quote
humoroususername wrote:
wilfred2551 wrote:
jasonhardy1 wrote:
My 2015 carbon Capra bottom bracket bearings have just died. Which bottom bracket is best to replace the standard one with? What size etc?
How do you remove and install these silly press for bottom brackets?
What's wrong with good old threaded ones!!??


I had the same problem last week, see my post below

After 6 months, my BB bearing are rough as a badger and need replacing. They haven't lasted long at all. Not blaming YT. At the end of the day, Raceface Cinch PF30 BB retails at £35. You get what you pay for....a decent BB, with cheap bearings.

Managed to gently tap the bearings out with a hammer and punch. Ordered some Enduro bearings which should last a lot longer hopefuly. Fitted them today with a my home made press (few sockets and threaded bar etc), worked a treat.

The original bearings were a 6806 RS bearings. Heres a link for the enduro ones if anyones got the same issue

http://www.wychbearings.co.uk/6806-LLB-Enduro.html?gclid=CNT6zr6w_coCFQoUwwodvfYNog

Expecting the headset to go next, anyone replaced one??

Are ye lads riding the same bike as me?

I ordered an fsa pf30 bb for my Capra as the original cinch didn't last long, and it is way too big for the cranks. I have the same Cinch bb and race face cranks as you guys so when you said the original bearings were replaceable I ordered the 6806 but they are the same size as the ones that came with the FSA headset. Is it a pf30 bb or not?

I have no experience with the FSA PF30 BB, but after googling it, it looks like the FSA PF30 has its 6806 bearings inside the plastic cups with covers. You dont need the plastic cups. You dont need to buy a BB kit, you just need the bearings. The 6806 bearings sit directly into the metal Raceface Cups which sit in the frame, or at least they do on mine (2015 Capra CF Comp1). I hope that helps?
The original Race Face Cinch BB is a PF30 spec. Check RF website

http://www.raceface.com/products/details/cinch-pf30-bb

Posted: Jun 29, 2016 at 7:30 Quote
chrisingrassia wrote:
Mine's coming along!! A little bit too clean, but hoping to change that real quick. Got my BB issue licked this evening. Hopefully the 105 degree days here in the East Bay will go away soon, too damn hot to ride stuff around here.

Debating real hard on if I should order up a set of Saint brakes though, been running my 988 XTR brakes for a minute.



Don't know about the brakes, but I'm here watching the news and it's going to be 93 in Concord but only 67 in SF. When the east bay is cooking, hop over to the coast ridge or Pacifica. Cool breeze and a little fog. Perfect.

Posted: Jun 29, 2016 at 7:36 Quote
pneuman wrote:
chrisingrassia wrote:
pneuman wrote:
I'm in Canada. I ordered a Capra May 13 paid by credit card and had to cancel May 28. As of today June 28, I have still not received the refund on my credit card.

Has anyone had any trouble cancelling their order with YT Canada?
Have you called anyone?


Yes, I spoke with JM on May 28, he said it would be no problem cancelling the order. I als emailed him and YT Canada.

I cancelled my order. I had to call and email a bunch of times until I finally said that I was going to contact my bank and dispute the charge if they didn't issue a refund within the next few days. That seemed to get them moving and I got my refund a couple days later.

Posted: Jun 29, 2016 at 8:25 Quote
Cancelling an order and receiving a refund is an instantaneous process, one is linked to another since they use a merchant service to process orders (ie. YT isn't its own bank). As soon as they process a "cancellation" then the card should be credited. But then again, there may be some funky rules around foreign transactions with collection and reversal times. You should call YT though and check on the refund, or just straight up dispute it and leave YT out of it.

array88 wrote:
pneuman wrote:
chrisingrassia wrote:

Have you called anyone?


Yes, I spoke with JM on May 28, he said it would be no problem cancelling the order. I als emailed him and YT Canada.

I cancelled my order. I had to call and email a bunch of times until I finally said that I was going to contact my bank and dispute the charge if they didn't issue a refund within the next few days. That seemed to get them moving and I got my refund a couple days later.

endlessblockades wrote:
Don't know about the brakes, but I'm here watching the news and it's going to be 93 in Concord but only 67 in SF. When the east bay is cooking, hop over to the coast ridge or Pacifica. Cool breeze and a little fog. Perfect.

Dude you're just rubbing it in now Cool . I ain't doing that commute at rush hour! I'll be hitting up China Camp/Tamarancho though before long.

Posted: Jun 29, 2016 at 8:28 Quote
Milkie wrote:
House mate has a 2015 YT Capra and has had the following problems, in order of how it happened.

2nd Ever Ride
Mavic Crossmax Enduro Cheese Wheels dented and buckled beyond repair, no warranty, bought LB Carbon wheels. This happend at BPW on first run on Terrys Belly, have no idea how it happened
Rear BOS Shock Lever stopped working, 6 weeks without a bike, it arrived back
Next Ride
Front BOS Forks developed the Capra Crack, sent back to YT
Headset bearings rusty, no grease, would not replace
2 Months with no bike and multiple emails to YT
Offered Rockshox Lyriks and accepted, BOS were not returning emails to YT for progress reports and it had been 2 months of "we don't know when".
2 Rides Later, less than 30 miles total
Rear BOS Shock Lever stopped working again, lever just spins
Atlas Pedal bearings need replacing
BB bearing seized, no grease, it took 4kg on the pedal for it to move
Rockshox Reverb Stealth cable creased inside frame from poor fitting, Fishers replaced under warranty

He bought the bike in April or May, delivered in September, has only ridden it 6 times at the most, as it has spent most of the time in bits having bits sent back to YT.

He no longer emails YT as it takes too long for things to be sorted. His bike is currently at the LBS having a new BB & new pedal bearings fitted while the the Reverb is sent back to Fishers. The rear shock pedal lever still does not work, but can't do without the bike for another 4-8 weeks.

The frame has been fine, but all the parts fitted have had issues, some of them due to poor fitting, others not. I am glad I didn't buy one now and he beat me to it! He has been extremely unlucky, but YT did not seem to care.

Really nice bike though, when its not in bits!

To add to this... He contacted YT about the BOS shock lever, as everyone in the UK cannot get parts and they have instantly offered the RockShox Monarch RC3. I said to ask they replace it with the Fox x2 as he bought a top spec bike and expect it to have the top spec shock, they said no chance. I think YT has been extremely poor from start to finish about everything. Late delivery by 2 months, nearly every part has had problems and extemely poor customer service. At least they are now replying the same day, but not treating the customer very well imo for the amount of problems.

Posted: Jun 29, 2016 at 9:03 Quote
wrote:
LUCKYMULLEN wrote:
how did you compare the deville to the lyric? or bos v rock shox in general

The Bos stuff feels better, no doubt, the fine tuning really made a difference but as we all know Bos as a company suck rotten bananas out from monkeys assh0les.

The Devilles forks were noticeably lighter but the Lyriks feel slightly more plush (like old Marzocchi) and are pretty easy to set up,

the rear end feels pretty much the same with the RS shock but now it doesn't sound like a hookers bed and doesn't loose air in the same way.

I don't wish to offend Bos fans but I wouldn't swap out my RS for any of their stuff now, with RS you pretty much fit, forget and can self service, warranty also seems brilliant in comparison.

Cheers for that, My devilles are gone back today for CSU creeking. See what yt say but i'm not overly pushed to replace them as i really like the feel and setup. i'm not reading good things on a 36 but the lyrik looks promising.
Anyway i've had no issues with bos apart from the creak. see what happens...

Posted: Jun 29, 2016 at 10:25 Quote
Milkie wrote:
Milkie wrote:
House mate has a 2015 YT Capra and has had the following problems, in order of how it happened.

2nd Ever Ride
Mavic Crossmax Enduro Cheese Wheels dented and buckled beyond repair, no warranty, bought LB Carbon wheels. This happend at BPW on first run on Terrys Belly, have no idea how it happened
Rear BOS Shock Lever stopped working, 6 weeks without a bike, it arrived back
Next Ride
Front BOS Forks developed the Capra Crack, sent back to YT
Headset bearings rusty, no grease, would not replace
2 Months with no bike and multiple emails to YT
Offered Rockshox Lyriks and accepted, BOS were not returning emails to YT for progress reports and it had been 2 months of "we don't know when".
2 Rides Later, less than 30 miles total
Rear BOS Shock Lever stopped working again, lever just spins
Atlas Pedal bearings need replacing
BB bearing seized, no grease, it took 4kg on the pedal for it to move
Rockshox Reverb Stealth cable creased inside frame from poor fitting, Fishers replaced under warranty

He bought the bike in April or May, delivered in September, has only ridden it 6 times at the most, as it has spent most of the time in bits having bits sent back to YT.

He no longer emails YT as it takes too long for things to be sorted. His bike is currently at the LBS having a new BB & new pedal bearings fitted while the the Reverb is sent back to Fishers. The rear shock pedal lever still does not work, but can't do without the bike for another 4-8 weeks.

The frame has been fine, but all the parts fitted have had issues, some of them due to poor fitting, others not. I am glad I didn't buy one now and he beat me to it! He has been extremely unlucky, but YT did not seem to care.

Really nice bike though, when its not in bits!

To add to this... He contacted YT about the BOS shock lever, as everyone in the UK cannot get parts and they have instantly offered the RockShox Monarch RC3. I said to ask they replace it with the Fox x2 as he bought a top spec bike and expect it to have the top spec shock, they said no chance. I think YT has been extremely poor from start to finish about everything. Late delivery by 2 months, nearly every part has had problems and extemely poor customer service. At least they are now replying the same day, but not treating the customer very well imo for the amount of problems.

Since they gave you a brand new lyrik why you don't take the monarch, sell the bike, repair the kirk at your expense, sell that as well, buy a bike from a brand gives you anything you want?

Posted: Jun 29, 2016 at 10:37 Quote
wilfred2551 wrote:
humoroususername wrote:
wilfred2551 wrote:



I had the same problem last week, see my post below

After 6 months, my BB bearing are rough as a badger and need replacing. They haven't lasted long at all. Not blaming YT. At the end of the day, Raceface Cinch PF30 BB retails at £35. You get what you pay for....a decent BB, with cheap bearings.

Managed to gently tap the bearings out with a hammer and punch. Ordered some Enduro bearings which should last a lot longer hopefuly. Fitted them today with a my home made press (few sockets and threaded bar etc), worked a treat.

The original bearings were a 6806 RS bearings. Heres a link for the enduro ones if anyones got the same issue

http://www.wychbearings.co.uk/6806-LLB-Enduro.html?gclid=CNT6zr6w_coCFQoUwwodvfYNog

Expecting the headset to go next, anyone replaced one??

Are ye lads riding the same bike as me?

I ordered an fsa pf30 bb for my Capra as the original cinch didn't last long, and it is way too big for the cranks. I have the same Cinch bb and race face cranks as you guys so when you said the original bearings were replaceable I ordered the 6806 but they are the same size as the ones that came with the FSA headset. Is it a pf30 bb or not?

I have no experience with the FSA PF30 BB, but after googling it, it looks like the FSA PF30 has its 6806 bearings inside the plastic cups with covers. You dont need the plastic cups. You dont need to buy a BB kit, you just need the bearings. The 6806 bearings sit directly into the metal Raceface Cups which sit in the frame, or at least they do on mine (2015 Capra CF Comp1). I hope that helps?
The original Race Face Cinch BB is a PF30 spec. Check RF website

http://www.raceface.com/products/details/cinch-pf30-bb

Hmm, thanks.

The bearings I took out were much smaller than the 6806 ones and had a plastic "race" on one side of the bearing. I'll take a photo and show you later when I go home. I haven't looked at them in two days so I can't remember exactly. They were also well inside the raceface cups and sitting in the frame itself.

Posted: Jun 29, 2016 at 11:39 Quote
Right, ignore the last bit. The bearings do sit in the cups. However it's not a 6806rs bearing. It's much smaller and the bearing I removed says 6805LLU+PW

I'm completely confused now as the cups say press fit 30. X type adapter bb.

So is it different to everyone else's Capra?

Edit: I found the bearings on chain reaction. Have ordered them now. I had never heard of X type before from anyone.

Posted: Jun 29, 2016 at 11:57 Quote
So guys, after being proud that my Capra with Bos stuff was trouble free. Also i have gotten to the point i need to return the Bos fork + Shox back to YT. They send me an return label and i am very curious to see what they are going to do with both shock and fork. Fork is creaking and shock aswell.
Kinda sad because i love the look and feel of the bos stuff. Dont want to get a replacement with another company shock/fork Frown
Let's see what they going to do when they recieve it.

Posted: Jun 29, 2016 at 14:01 Quote
Did you get an option on what replacement frame colour you wanted?
robiow wrote:
Just thought I would drop by and say how happy I have been with my 2014 Jon Snow edition Capra.

I got the bike November 2014 and was really happy with the experience paying for the bike was easy the hard bit was waiting 3 months for it and having one delay that YT apologised for and gave away free service and the shit bumper knee pads and elbow pads awesome I like this company.

Then after a few very happy months the honeymoon was over CSU fault on Bos devilles and the KIRK was making similar sound to me after a big climb. Not to worry YT will have my back wont they? Yeah they did sent it to Bos and the little FU***ers took 2months to even respond to YT.

Any way get forks and shock back and happy days the bike is awesome again For ONE month haad to send shock back to YT including the frame as that has also cracked now. Again YT dealt with the situation just fine again replaced frame and waited and waited and waited for bos to NEVER send the shock back again. So YT replaced for a Rock shox. Awesome customer service once again from YT.

Guess what get the new frame all built up go riding for a few months and the Bos forks and failing at the csu again.

YT with out even messing me about replaced the forks right away for FOX 36 I asked if it comes with the parts to lower it down to 170mm, they came back with we will do that for you if you like and cut steerer and put star nut in.

So now present time my Bastard 2014 capra Has a 2016 frame with the 2014 colour way, 2016 monarch plus and Fox 36s.

after all this I have to say YT imo were pretty good with how they handled the BOS saga, I just hope now that I can get back to enjoying my bike.



 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016545
Mobile Version of Website