YT Capra Owners

Author Message
Posted: Jun 29, 2016 at 16:58 Quote
[Quote="FODFotos"]Did you get an option on what replacement frame colour you wanted?

I asked and they said no way. so 2016 frame in 2014 colours. can't complain though ..

Posted: Jun 29, 2016 at 19:59 Quote
wordy1979 wrote:
Has anyone been able to compare the Capra with the Nomad?? Just wondering what you preferred. Thanks.

They are very, very similar. I have both frames with mostly the same parts (Nomad shock is a Push 11/6 whereas the Capra is a CCDB Coil CS/ Air CS) thrown on them (I have been switching the parts between them). If I had to go with one it would be the Capra for it's value. Then you have extra money for better parts.

Posted: Jun 30, 2016 at 0:29 Quote
Darkysh wrote:
So guys, after being proud that my Capra with Bos stuff was trouble free. Also i have gotten to the point i need to return the Bos fork + Shox back to YT. They send me an return label and i am very curious to see what they are going to do with both shock and fork. Fork is creaking and shock aswell.
Kinda sad because i love the look and feel of the bos stuff. Dont want to get a replacement with another company shock/fork Frown
Let's see what they going to do when they recieve it.

I would guess they will offer you some fox stuff. I doubt very much they will have any thing to do with Bos again and personally I think that is a good offer like you I liked the Bos sus but when you need Bos to help with repair they just don't care and you wont see your forks again for 3 months. If YT offer you the replacement take it.

Posted: Jun 30, 2016 at 1:32 Quote
robiow wrote:
Darkysh wrote:
So guys, after being proud that my Capra with Bos stuff was trouble free. Also i have gotten to the point i need to return the Bos fork + Shox back to YT. They send me an return label and i am very curious to see what they are going to do with both shock and fork. Fork is creaking and shock aswell.
Kinda sad because i love the look and feel of the bos stuff. Dont want to get a replacement with another company shock/fork Frown
Let's see what they going to do when they recieve it.

I would guess they will offer you some fox stuff. I doubt very much they will have any thing to do with Bos again and personally I think that is a good offer like you I liked the Bos sus but when you need Bos to help with repair they just don't care and you wont see your forks again for 3 months. If YT offer you the replacement take it.

I know this doesn't seem to be the same amonst all of you that bought and early Pro, but I have had no issues with Bos suspension, apart from I snapped off the lock out lever. Which was my own fault for riding with it locked out and my seat down, snagged my shorts and snapped it off. But I sent it off to Jungle the other day and had it all serviced at the almighty price of £278 for service on Forks and shock as well as the lever shaft replaced (which was £53). I'm not the fastest on the planet by any mean's, but you need to fork juice the forks and shock before and after every ride and i find releasing the air out of both every now and then, then helps to.

Posted: Jun 30, 2016 at 4:04 Quote
So I put on those RWC needle bearings. At first I thought I wasted my money cause the Capra is more straight push than rotation. But the blingy blue bits looked nice. Once on the trail I instantly noticed an increase in small bump sensitivity. It felt like I had a coil shock again, really sweet.
Twice I had to stop cause it felt like I was almost out of air on the rear tyre only to find out they were still pumped up to 28-30psi. So yes, the needle bearing does make a difference on the Capra. It felt like going from a sticky air shock to a well lubricated coil despite there not being hardly any rotation. Weird, but I can recommend them as they do make a difference.

Posted: Jun 30, 2016 at 5:37 Quote
Has there been any problems with the frames for 2016??

Posted: Jun 30, 2016 at 6:53 Quote
Boardlife69 wrote:
So I put on those RWC needle bearings. At first I thought I wasted my money cause the Capra is more straight push than rotation. But the blingy blue bits looked nice. Once on the trail I instantly noticed an increase in small bump sensitivity. It felt like I had a coil shock again, really sweet.
Twice I had to stop cause it felt like I was almost out of air on the rear tyre only to find out they were still pumped up to 28-30psi. So yes, the needle bearing does make a difference on the Capra. It felt like going from a sticky air shock to a well lubricated coil despite there not being hardly any rotation. Weird, but I can recommend them as they do make a difference.

Thanks for the post on your experience. You may have mentioned this but the search function from a phone is nil so can you share the RWC needle bearing part #'s you purchased? Thanks again!

Posted: Jun 30, 2016 at 7:16 Quote
These are what I bought: http://enduroforkseals.com/id275.html

SCNOMAD-C wrote:
Boardlife69 wrote:
So I put on those RWC needle bearings. At first I thought I wasted my money cause the Capra is more straight push than rotation. But the blingy blue bits looked nice. Once on the trail I instantly noticed an increase in small bump sensitivity. It felt like I had a coil shock again, really sweet.
Twice I had to stop cause it felt like I was almost out of air on the rear tyre only to find out they were still pumped up to 28-30psi. So yes, the needle bearing does make a difference on the Capra. It felt like going from a sticky air shock to a well lubricated coil despite there not being hardly any rotation. Weird, but I can recommend them as they do make a difference.

Thanks for the post on your experience. You may have mentioned this but the search function from a phone is nil so can you share the RWC needle bearing part #'s you purchased? Thanks again!

Posted: Jun 30, 2016 at 7:50 Quote
I think the needle bearing kit sizes for Capra are 21.85 mm and 33.83 mm. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted: Jun 30, 2016 at 8:51 Quote
bgodd wrote:
I think the needle bearing kit sizes for Capra are 21.85 mm and 33.83 mm. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
22.2 and 33.83. Just installed mine on Monday, fit perfect

Posted: Jun 30, 2016 at 8:57 Quote
My monarch is feeling kinda saggy sitting at 40% feeling like it might need more air pressure. I weigh 170 lbs how much psi should be in my monarch plus? also has anyone else high low compression dial stuck?

Posted: Jun 30, 2016 at 9:25 Quote
WAshredbum wrote:
My monarch is feeling kinda saggy sitting at 40% feeling like it might need more air pressure. I weigh 170 lbs how much psi should be in my monarch plus? also has anyone else high low compression dial stuck?

As much is needed to reach your desired sag percentage.

Posted: Jun 30, 2016 at 9:46 Quote
chrisingrassia wrote:
Mine's coming along!! A little bit too clean, but hoping to change that real quick. Got my BB issue licked this evening. Hopefully the 105 degree days here in the East Bay will go away soon, too damn hot to ride stuff around here.

Debating real hard on if I should order up a set of Saint brakes though, been running my 988 XTR brakes for a minute.



I've been running saint brakes on my Capra, and it's excellent.


Posted: Jun 30, 2016 at 12:44 Quote
chrisingrassia wrote:
bgodd wrote:
I think the needle bearing kit sizes for Capra are 21.85 mm and 33.83 mm. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
22.2 and 33.83. Just installed mine on Monday, fit perfect
Do you need any shims or the kit got all you need?

Thanks

Posted: Jun 30, 2016 at 12:49 Quote
GrzegorzF wrote:
chrisingrassia wrote:
bgodd wrote:
I think the needle bearing kit sizes for Capra are 21.85 mm and 33.83 mm. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
22.2 and 33.83. Just installed mine on Monday, fit perfect
Do you need any shims or the kit got all you need?

Thanks

No shims, fit fine just the way ordered from RWC


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013008
Mobile Version of Website