YT Capra Owners

Posted: Aug 13, 2016 at 3:58 Quote
Does anyone have a guide on the Acros Aix-326 headset on the Capra cf? I've re-fitted mines and it doesn't seem right. Not sure if a bit is missing, no instructions anywhere and it doesn't exist on the Acros website itself!

Any help greatly appreciated!

Posted: Aug 13, 2016 at 4:29 Quote
deadpool2e wrote:
I am going to be getting a new Hope BB for my Capra Pro Race (current ones creaking is doing my head in). Does anyone know which one i need from hope? link would help please.. im not very good with all these BB standards Frown Frown

Just google Hope PF46 bottom bracket.

Posted: Aug 13, 2016 at 8:05 Quote
what crankset are you running?

deadpool2e wrote:
I am going to be getting a new Hope BB for my Capra Pro Race (current ones creaking is doing my head in). Does anyone know which one i need from hope? link would help please.. im not very good with all these BB standards Frown Frown

Posted: Aug 13, 2016 at 12:06 Quote
chrisingrassia wrote:

deadpool2e wrote:

The sixc carbon ones

Posted: Aug 13, 2016 at 18:11 Quote
Pf41 or pf46 should both work with 30mm spindle cranks
deadpool2e wrote:
chrisingrassia wrote:

deadpool2e wrote:

The sixc carbon ones

Posted: Aug 14, 2016 at 1:18 Quote
I have a problem with my 2016 capra cf pro race.
When I yank the wheel sideways I have this noise in the video below, It can't be good???
No noise when I pull upwards or downwards just sideways. The noise does not come from the wheel seems to come from the shock or linkage.

Anyone know what's the problem? Bad shock bushing?

Feel free to help me embed the video and sorry for bad English Smile

https://youtu.be/BnEo4Pzit3k

Posted: Aug 14, 2016 at 2:48 Quote
maxeponken wrote:
When I yank the wheel sideways I have this noise in the video below, It can't be good???
No noise when I pull upwards or downwards just sideways. The noise does not come from the wheel seems to come from the shock or linkage.

Have you tightened all linkage bolts? Those get loose easily.

Posted: Aug 14, 2016 at 2:56 Quote
deadpool2e wrote:

I've literally just fitted a hope BB on my CF Pro Race, you need the Hope PF46. Just be prepared for how hard you need to hammer the crappy Sram BB to get it out. Link below dude.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/hope-pf46-press-fit-30mm-sram-bottom-bracket/rp-prod128185

Posted: Aug 14, 2016 at 4:13 Quote
Kakkula wrote:
maxeponken wrote:

Yes I have and they seem fine Frown

Posted: Aug 14, 2016 at 5:37 Quote
I wonder if the upcoming year Capra reforms ? Will he frame the same , when in general has become next year's models on sale ?

Posted: Aug 14, 2016 at 9:49 Quote
Hey People! Few thoughts on the Fox suspension on the capra.

The trails i ride are mostly very fast and pretty technical, altough no all too big jumps (i am building some these days, now that im injured and can't really ride). As i have my hometrails 2 min from my house i ride mostly everyday. From my house to the uplift from my local DH-Trail its about 10-15 min with bike and 5 min with car. From the top of this lift there are several very technical and high-speed trails down the mountain.

My suspesion settings:
Front forks: pretty hard with about 0-5% Sag when i sit on the bike. i dont like Brake-Dive, so i pump it up. Compression: Lowspeed a little less than recommended, but highspeed a little more for when i huck into a rockgarden, which is my bad habit. Im not gonna say the amount of clicks because these depend on the weight and even more so on the riding style and terrain.

Shock: running 25% sag when i sit on the bike. Absolutely no high- or low-speed compression and a little slower rebound than recommended.

I don't have any compression as the shock is too long for the travel of the bike (222mm shock for 170mm travel). The shock is stock, so not tuned for the capra, as YT didn't let fox tune the shocks for the capra. And so 222mm Shocks are DH-length shocks, meant to be used with a much higher leverage rate. 222mm shocks are also used in the V10 and the Summum which have more than 200 mm travel (V10 even 215mm!) So the shocks operate at a much higher leverage rate and are also tuned for that with harder compression shimming. Fox don't even have a 222mm X2 shock with Climb-Mode because they say everything over 216mm is for DH.

Can anyone confirm that their Capra feels much livelier without any compression? Take out any compression on your X2 in your Capra and tell me how it feels, because my shock might be defect.

Posted: Aug 14, 2016 at 11:15 Quote
BenDroid wrote:
Hey People! Few thoughts on the Fox suspension on the capra.

The trails i ride are mostly very fast and pretty technical, altough no all too big jumps (i am building some these days, now that im injured and can't really ride). As i have my hometrails 2 min from my house i ride mostly everyday. From my house to the uplift from my local DH-Trail its about 10-15 min with bike and 5 min with car. From the top of this lift there are several very technical and high-speed trails down the mountain.

My suspesion settings:
Front forks: pretty hard with about 0-5% Sag when i sit on the bike. i dont like Brake-Dive, so i pump it up. Compression: Lowspeed a little less than recommended, but highspeed a little more for when i huck into a rockgarden, which is my bad habit. Im not gonna say the amount of clicks because these depend on the weight and even more so on the riding style and terrain.

Shock: running 25% sag when i sit on the bike. Absolutely no high- or low-speed compression and a little slower rebound than recommended.

I don't have any compression as the shock is too long for the travel of the bike (222mm shock for 170mm travel). The shock is stock, so not tuned for the capra, as YT didn't let fox tune the shocks for the capra. And so 222mm Shocks are DH-length shocks, meant to be used with a much higher leverage rate. 222mm shocks are also used in the V10 and the Summum which have more than 200 mm travel (V10 even 215mm!) So the shocks operate at a much higher leverage rate and are also tuned for that with harder compression shimming. Fox don't even have a 222mm X2 shock with Climb-Mode because they say everything over 216mm is for DH.

Can anyone confirm that their Capra feels much livelier without any compression? Take out any compression on your X2 in your Capra and tell me how it feels, because my shock might be defect.

setup on my float x2 is 4 spacer with 0 clicks on high speed compression.

Posted: Aug 14, 2016 at 11:43 Quote
maxeponken wrote:
Kakkula wrote:
maxeponken wrote:

Yes I have and they seem fine Frown

It's had to tell because the video is a bit shaky. I would check that the lower rockerarm is preloaded. Angular contact bearing sometimes need a bit of adjustment. If you just tighten the outside bolt it won't do much if the preload bolts are loose.

Posted: Aug 14, 2016 at 11:51 Quote
maxeponken wrote:

If you haven't already, remove the shock and check your rocker bolts on the inside of the seatstay.

Posted: Aug 14, 2016 at 13:09 Quote
NickB01 wrote:
maxeponken wrote:

If you haven't already, remove the shock and check your rocker bolts on the inside of the seatstay.

Like mentioned. Check Upper Rockerarm bolts on the inside of the seatstay, came loose after first day/ride on mine CF Pro, and my brother's AL Comp as well. Also both Horst Link bolts came loose after the first day so check them as well.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://bildr.no/image/aHNWTnZm.jpeg
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://bildr.no/image/U1Z0WW01.jpeg
I checked all bolts/links and bearings after about a month of riding. The right Horst Link bearing was already more or less toast, not moving at all. Re-greased it and working again. Other than that all links and bearings seem to be running smooth now.

But I have a clicking/creaking plastic/carbon noise that sounds like the frame is about to crack. It can easily be replicated by rolling the bike on the rear wheel down a curb etc. Anyone else experienced this? All links and shock mount is checked and is tightened to torque. I have checked the cable routings and tried to tape and eliminate cable ratling.

Any input would be great thanks! Smile

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022485
Mobile Version of Website