YT Capra Owners

Posted: Sep 9, 2016 at 15:07 Quote
sdaly wrote:
Also curious on the dt swiss xmc1200 wheels on the cf pro race. Internal width seems a bit small for such a beast of a bike?

Considering last years Mavics were 19 & 21mm, 24 is a huge jump and is more than enough to support a 2.4 at low 20's pressure... don't get this plus size thing at all!

Posted: Sep 9, 2016 at 16:19 Quote
QuenteK25 wrote:
Been looking at the Comp 1 for quite a while now. It's $300 off today.

Anyone have any experience with how long these sales generally last?

Do you think this points to 2017 models coming out soon?

They last until they are gone. May only have 1 or 2 of the model/size you are after.
When I ordered mine off clearance, it was the only one left coming to Canada.

Posted: Sep 9, 2016 at 19:05 Quote
^Thanks

Couple other questions for owners as I've committed to buying the AL Comp 1 now.

1. Have you gone with any additional chain slap protection? Is what it comes with adequate?

2. How about downtube or headtube etc? I always go with at least a few spots to prevent cable rub but have also never purchased a brand new bike. I don't feel the need/desire for a full invisiframe kit. What have some of you used in key spots that you liked the result of?

Thanks! It's been fun going through this thread to get my excitement up. So much info!

Posted: Sep 9, 2016 at 21:21 Quote
QuenteK25 wrote:
^Thanks

Couple other questions for owners as I've committed to buying the AL Comp 1 now.

1. Have you gone with any additional chain slap protection? Is what it comes with adequate?

2. How about downtube or headtube etc? I always go with at least a few spots to prevent cable rub but have also never purchased a brand new bike. I don't feel the need/desire for a full invisiframe kit. What have some of you used in key spots that you liked the result of?

Thanks! It's been fun going through this thread to get my excitement up. So much info!

1) chainslap : the stock rubber's tape let go within a week. I don't believe the seatstay portion had rubber. I lent the bike to a friend while I'm on injury list
2) frame tape : I did all the usual spots but did the entire underside of the downtube with some heavy moto film. First ride out i took a massive rock up in the downtube and it went through the moto and factory tape. Frame looks intact. Been several hits since then and it looks like it survived. The underside of the chainstays are quite chipped as well, that would be another good spot to protect. It comes with tape in all the common rub spots but you could always try doubling it up until it peels off.

Posted: Sep 10, 2016 at 1:03 Quote
QuenteK25 wrote:
^Thanks

I have the Al, the chainstay rubber thingy seems to be doing it's job, hasn't started to come unstuck. There's nothing on the seatstay though.

As for tape, the AL's don't seem to come with any, so I put some helicopter tape in places liable to see cable rub. Head tube and bottom of the seat tube mainly. Going to get something lighter weight soon for the underside of the down tube too.

Posted: Sep 10, 2016 at 3:30 Quote
QuenteK25 wrote:
^Thanks

Mines totally stock, no extra heli tape or anything. The rubber chainstay protector seems to be doing a good job and still going strong a year and a half in. If you ride in lots of loose rock all the time I would add additional tape to the downtube for peace of mind (I've never had a carbon bike or a new bike before either). I would say just ride it straight out of the box for a while and then decide.

I should maybe get bit of tape for cable rub areas.

You're gonna love the bike! I still get excited about riding this machine every ride.

Posted: Sep 10, 2016 at 5:19 Quote
Does anyone know if there will be a sale on the al over the next few weeks?

Posted: Sep 10, 2016 at 7:08 Quote
Thanks for the answers guys. Gonna have to pick up some tape.

Posted: Sep 10, 2016 at 7:09 Quote
Kellster99 wrote:
Does anyone know if there will be a sale on the al over the next few weeks?

Maybe it's just the US site, but the AL is on sale right now.

Posted: Sep 10, 2016 at 8:59 Quote
HI, all.
After hours of reading and searching the web I have desided to go for a Capra AL 1. The size thing really through me. At 172cm I'm a bit of a short arse and as I ride a M stumpy 07(26'') I think I am safe with the M Capra.
My main question is, If I order the bike today and the avilabilty is showing from the 12th Oct 2016 would this be the date the bike would be posted or would there be a waiting list exseading this date?
I am so glade for the posts on this site and have read them all. I've had most questions answered and any doubts put to rest. The YT Capra is a great bike and I am looking forward to charging those trails as soon as....

Posted: Sep 10, 2016 at 10:11 Quote
It's official, just pulled the trigger

2016 YT Capra AL Comp 1 coming my way in size XL

Now the waiting game, Availability 11/30/16 Cry

Just went back to look at the specs again because that's what you do when you wait right? Says the XL's are now sold out. Man I'm glad I didn't wait any longer. I imagine they will come back in stock at some time, but that would have killed me if I hadn't secured mine yet.

Posted: Sep 10, 2016 at 13:05 Quote
QuenteK25 wrote:
It's official, just pulled the trigger

2016 YT Capra AL Comp 1 coming my way in size XL

Now the waiting game, Availability 11/30/16 Cry

Just went back to look at the specs again because that's what you do when you wait right? Says the XL's are now sold out. Man I'm glad I didn't wait any longer. I imagine they will come back in stock at some time, but that would have killed me if I hadn't secured mine yet.

Man, just bit the bullet and ordered my Capra Al 1 in M. No news back as yet on delivery date. Avelable from 12th Oct. count down started. I'm sure you can't wait, if your anything like me I'll be counting the days down.
After seeing your post i just got on with it. No regrets.

Posted: Sep 10, 2016 at 17:44 Quote
Generally with wait times I know people have got them quicker if they pay instantly rather than wait till their dispatch date etc.

Posted: Sep 11, 2016 at 1:12 Quote
ChrisTunn wrote:
Generally with wait times I know people have got them quicker if they pay instantly rather than wait till their dispatch date etc.

Yeah, I think if you pay up front you get it on or before the listed date.

Posted: Sep 11, 2016 at 10:25 Quote
ChrisTunn wrote:

Good to hear, I paid with a credit card so maybe my 2.5 month wait can be shortened.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014171
Mobile Version of Website