YT Capra Owners

Author Message
Posted: Sep 26, 2016 at 0:12 Quote
8mm Allan key to tighten from the drive side. The 16mm only acts as a end caps and allows the crack to self extract.
Tighten up the 8mm and you should be good to go.

Posted: Sep 26, 2016 at 0:18 Quote
Tried to join all the best trails of Palmela (Portugal) in one ride. Smile


Posted: Sep 26, 2016 at 0:29 Quote
QuenteK25 wrote:
Mironas wrote:
Hi,has anyone Capra medium frame for sale?

10 mediums for sale in the Buy/Sell section

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/list/?region=3&q=Capra&category=2&framesize=16,19,24,25,26,28,29

I need just frame.

Posted: Sep 26, 2016 at 1:58 Quote
Crapalier wrote:
BarryMooresFist wrote:
Hey, I remember reading something on here about changing shock bushes for needle roller bearing ones, does anyone have a link to a site to get them from?
Thanks

http://enduroforkseals.com/id275.html

33.83 mm
21.85 mm
They don't have the Capra listed on the page yet, but I've given them the specs.

I installed them but injured myself before being able to ride it. My buddies who have demo'd the bike say it is very smooth now.

Wish you a quick heal up! Let us know how you get on with these, once you give them a go.
Anyone else on these? Im itching to order a set, but really sceptical with the amount of rotation inherent in the pivot design. I can see it working for a vertical shock quiet well (like a giant or tansition etc), not sold on the capra horizontal design though.

Posted: Sep 26, 2016 at 2:28 Quote
Adambaker14791 wrote:
Guga28 wrote:
Fellas, I've got the Capra CF Comp 2016 with original race face crankset. The left arm of the crankset feels really loose and it sounds a lot. I'm not sure though whether it is "only" a problem on the crankset or if it affects/related to the bottom brackets as well. Which tools should I use? Any help would be very appreciated.

You need a 16mm allen key to tighten the cap. Here is an adapter since a 16mm allen key is not so common. http://www.silverfish-uk.com/ProductDetail/0/16395/TOOL-8-16MM-HEX-ADAPTER/D30351


Agree with the 16mm Allen key, I had this problem with the AL comp1 and was quite alarmed by the sound made! Got in touch with the silverfish who noted that i needed the 16mm Allen key to tighten the non-drive side crank. All good now though.

Posted: Sep 26, 2016 at 9:12 Quote
Mironas wrote:
QuenteK25 wrote:
Mironas wrote:
Hi,has anyone Capra medium frame for sale?

10 mediums for sale in the Buy/Sell section

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/list/?region=3&q=Capra&category=2&framesize=16,19,24,25,26,28,29

I need just frame.

Well you should have said that...oh wait you did! My bad! Good luck in your search!

Posted: Sep 26, 2016 at 16:31 Quote
Chillius wrote:

Wish you a quick heal up! Let us know how you get on with these, once you give them a go.
Anyone else on these? Im itching to order a set, but really sceptical with the amount of rotation inherent in the pivot design. I can see it working for a vertical shock quiet well (like a giant or tansition etc), not sold on the capra horizontal design though.

Someone theorized that due to the lack of significant rotation, there is more initial friction than in a high rotation type of suspension, thus smoother pivots makes more difference. My Pivot Firebird (old style) feel magical with needle bearings but it is on the opposite side of the rotation scale, upper mount rotates nearly 60°.

Posted: Sep 27, 2016 at 0:21 Quote
anyone else had problems with this upper slider guide? Came on my YT capra, the plastic clip that holds it together had come off. Had to buy another one for £17.95, now this has come off again just at the weekend and the whole thing is lost somewhere up glentress. Is it worth buying another one and maybes using tape or glue to stop the stupid thing from coming off or best to look at getting another chaing guide.

Posted: Sep 27, 2016 at 6:21 Quote
Does anyone know where I can buy some spokes for the e-thirteens TRS+ rear wheel?

**EDIT: I just found the length I need from the silverfish site (274mm for the disc side)

Can I just use any old spoke make e.g. DT Swiss? any recommendations are welcome!

Thanks

Posted: Sep 27, 2016 at 7:53 Quote
johnas7 wrote:
anyone else had problems with this upper slider guide? Came on my YT capra, the plastic clip that holds it together had come off. Had to buy another one for £17.95, now this has come off again just at the weekend and the whole thing is lost somewhere up glentress. Is it worth buying another one and maybes using tape or glue to stop the stupid thing from coming off or best to look at getting another chaing guide.
Yep... lost mine during a race.... spoke to E13 and had it replaced under warranty... haven't had any problems since...

Posted: Sep 27, 2016 at 10:33 Quote
Grvlspec wrote:
Hell Fellow YT Capra owners. I recently purchased a 2016 Capra AL2. Love the bike=). I purchased this model, because i was able to get a good deal and the parts spec was spot on. I want to run a 1X11 though. The bike came with the RaceFace Turbine Cinch 2 X 11. Has anyone done this mode and if so, what chainring(brand and size) did you use. Thanks in advance for the advise.
Cheers,
Eric C

Hello!

I did swap the 2x10 from the Capra (2015) to a 1x11.
The Cinch will allow you to run a single ring; I've used a 32 Wolftooth. Not the RaceFace or something else because WT has a chainline slightly moved to the interior (2 mm more than RF), so this gives a better chainline on then big cogs. Not sure which trails you are running, but keep in mind that 32x42 will not be enough for sustained climbs on steeper trails.
Going 30x10 (your smallest cog) may not be enough for fast descends, so try before you buy. Also, keep in mind that 1x11 do suffer from the backpedalling issue, which is annoying. Not sure how this affects GX1, but on XT it's present.

Posted: Sep 27, 2016 at 12:18 Quote
Yeah mate I used DT Swiss. Would recommend re-spoking the whole wheel - I tried to replace as I went and the shitty E13 spokes just kept breaking one by one until i got sick of the thing and bought a new Hope Enduro wheel (Rim was toast anyway...).



ChupaCapra wrote:
Does anyone know where I can buy some spokes for the e-thirteens TRS+ rear wheel?

**EDIT: I just found the length I need from the silverfish site (274mm for the disc side)

Can I just use any old spoke make e.g. DT Swiss? any recommendations are welcome!

Thanks

Posted: Sep 27, 2016 at 12:37 Quote
ABZ-JAG wrote:
Yeah mate I used DT Swiss. Would recommend re-spoking the whole wheel - I tried to replace as I went and the shitty E13 spokes just kept breaking one by one until i got sick of the thing and bought a new Hope Enduro wheel (Rim was toast anyway...).



ChupaCapra wrote:
Does anyone know where I can buy some spokes for the e-thirteens TRS+ rear wheel?

**EDIT: I just found the length I need from the silverfish site (274mm for the disc side)

Can I just use any old spoke make e.g. DT Swiss? any recommendations are welcome!

Thanks

Thanks ABZ-JAG! I'll look into re-spoking the wheel. The wheels have held up really well so far (year and half without problems), the spoke only went when someone crashed into me.

If I start getting issues from this I think I'll go down the Hope enduro route as well.

Cheers!

Posted: Sep 27, 2016 at 12:57 Quote
Does anyone know the widest tires you can fit on the Capra front and rear? thinking about picking one up, but coming from the north shore and being able to ride through the winter, I thought it could be fun to throw on some much wider tires for really soggy/snowy rides and have somewhat of a "fat bike" for part of the year

Posted: Sep 27, 2016 at 14:50 Quote
Front 2.8
Rear more like 2.4/2.5


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015521
Mobile Version of Website