YT Capra Owners

Posted: Oct 18, 2016 at 8:49 Quote
No it's not. Why do you keep spewing this false assumption?
If there needs to be a sticker change, it's because there's a physical defect with the product, ya twit.

brotherluke wrote:
Anaussiesmiley wrote:
So is anyone out there able to give us an idea on how we can continue using our bikes.

The measurements of the Float X2 are 222mm x 70mm. I have a friend that has offered me his spare to use which is 216mm x 63mm. Am I able to use this? How will this effect the feel/ride of my bike?

What other options do we have?

Its all over a stupiud sticker. Just ride it.

Posted: Oct 18, 2016 at 10:49 Quote
endlessblockades wrote:
stoo61 wrote:
photo

Took my Pro Race to the top of North Africa. Mount Toubkal, Morocco.

That's amazing - I know that mountain and other parts of the Atlas range. Did you push it up the South col, or is riding possible? Love to hear more about the trip, especially the ride down!

Hey! We pushed up to the Col under the refuge. It was a pretty brutal climb, not rideable at any point. The ride down from the peak was like 10% rideable. Wasnt really worth taking the bike to the very top. Rode from the refuge down to Imlil twice, awesome super techy descent.

Up and over Tizi Mizik from Imlil is the bollocks. Another push up to the col and the other side is devine! Best part of the whole trip. Other stuff in the area is scary with off camber gravel and sheer exposure. We were there 10 days, plenty to ride.

Posted: Oct 18, 2016 at 11:14 Quote
Hi guys!
I am really considering buying a Capra AL soon. Given the fact, that there is a sale on carbon models right now, I'm not sure if I should just wait a little longer? Wondering if anyone of you knows whether or not there was a sale on aluminium Capras last year?

Posted: Oct 19, 2016 at 1:56 Quote
gostraight wrote:
Hi guys!
I am really considering buying a Capra AL soon. Given the fact, that there is a sale on carbon models right now, I'm not sure if I should just wait a little longer? Wondering if anyone of you knows whether or not there was a sale on aluminium Capras last year?
YT USA dropped 300 bucks off Aluminum Capra. It's on the Website now

Posted: Oct 19, 2016 at 3:00 Quote
I am a new owner of a Capra cf comp and would just like to ask if anyone could tell me what the tool with the red handle is for? Sorry me not know.

And what is the correct torque in Nm for clamp on seat post?

Thanks in advance....

Posted: Oct 19, 2016 at 9:25 Quote
NikS89 wrote:
gostraight wrote:
Hi guys!
YT USA dropped 300 bucks off Aluminum Capra. It's on the Website now

Thanks!
It's still more expensive than from YT Europe (without any discount) though.

Posted: Oct 19, 2016 at 12:21 Quote
Is it the link tool? Has like 7 or 8 little tiny nubs on it?

Andypandy44 wrote:
I am a new owner of a Capra cf comp and would just like to ask if anyone could tell me what the tool with the red handle is for? Sorry me not know.

Thanks in advance....

Posted: Oct 19, 2016 at 12:57 Quote
Hopefully ordering the Capra al next week but don't know whether yt will have a sale on the aluminium bikes. Anyone got any advice?

Posted: Oct 19, 2016 at 13:07 Quote
chrisingrassia wrote:

Andypandy44 wrote:

Thanks in advance....

No, it's Y shaped with 2 studs 1 on each end of the top of the Y and a red handle!!!

Posted: Oct 19, 2016 at 13:17 Quote
shbell23 wrote:
pukecapra wrote:
napue wrote:

It seems I have the same problem with CF Comp 2016. It occurs only when it's pretty cold, below 5 Celsius and disappears after 15 min ride if it’s not freezing. I made the air can service and changed the shock pushing and it didn’t make any difference! The next thing to check again would be the rear end bearings, but without the shock the rear end moved pretty smoothly.

Do you have new ideas what’s wrong?

after a year of riding monarch rc3 im getting something maybe similar. feels like a thud whist pushing through the travel. I get a slight hissing sound in the first part of the travel until it gets the hard spot (thud) and then feels normal below that. Seems like air in the dampening oil. like its riding air then suddenly gets oil through the damper. Hoping anyway, so a bleed of air might fix it.

Yeah the notch I described is definitely more of a thud. It has gotten progressively worse recently.

It is also worse in the cold. I was riding the bike in Madeira in 25+ degree heat and the notch was annoying until the bike had been ridden hard and the shock warmed up - then it worked flawlessly.

Now back in Scotland, I was out on the bike yesterday and the notch stayed the whole ride. Bike isn't feeling great at all.

I'll try take a video tonight and post it on here and send it to YT.

Did you get more info from YT and what was attitude? I had 3 hours trail ride today. The first time at national park with Capra and it was awesome anyhow (mostly bike parks so far), but the problem didn't hide away, like it did earlier. Need to get damper bleed tools and try.

Posted: Oct 19, 2016 at 14:01 Quote
Andypandy44 wrote:
chrisingrassia wrote:

Andypandy44 wrote:

Thanks in advance....

No, it's Y shaped with 2 studs 1 on each end of the top of the Y and a red handle!!!

Although I've never used it before.... I believe its a spanner for the shock rocker link. Look at the side of the rocker link pivot, it has holes for the little studs for removing the link.

Posted: Oct 19, 2016 at 15:04 Quote
[Quote="motoxxxer26"]
Andypandy44 wrote:
[

Although I've never used it before.... I believe its a spanner for the shock rocker link. Look at the side of the rocker link pivot, it has holes for the little studs for removing the link.

Thank you, that's what it's for. I just tried it. The rocker link has a 12 Nm on the bearing bolt, the the cover is only on the gear side(right side).
Cheers

Posted: Oct 20, 2016 at 2:10 Quote
napue wrote:
shbell23 wrote:
pukecapra wrote:

after a year of riding monarch rc3 im getting something maybe similar. feels like a thud whist pushing through the travel. I get a slight hissing sound in the first part of the travel until it gets the hard spot (thud) and then feels normal below that. Seems like air in the dampening oil. like its riding air then suddenly gets oil through the damper. Hoping anyway, so a bleed of air might fix it.

Yeah the notch I described is definitely more of a thud. It has gotten progressively worse recently.

It is also worse in the cold. I was riding the bike in Madeira in 25+ degree heat and the notch was annoying until the bike had been ridden hard and the shock warmed up - then it worked flawlessly.

Now back in Scotland, I was out on the bike yesterday and the notch stayed the whole ride. Bike isn't feeling great at all.

Did you get more info from YT and what was attitude? I had 3 hours trail ride today. The first time at national park with Capra and it was awesome anyhow (mostly bike parks so far), but the problem didn't hide away, like it did earlier. Need to get damper bleed tools and try.

I have just sent them a video of the issue with a full description - waiting to hear back.

Here is the video I sent:

Views: 187    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

See how the issue is only there when the lever is in the open position. When the lever is in pedal there is no knock - just a squishing/hissing noise. When I flip it to open tho the knock appears and is very defined - I can also feel it through the bike.

I'll let you know when I hear back.

O+
Posted: Oct 20, 2016 at 2:42 Quote
That's is a horrible clunk,I've noticed something similar in mine under compression but not as bad as yours and only really notice it via playback of riding vids.I checked mounting bolts -one was loose ,linkages and installed new polymer eyelet bushings-not sure if it fixed it or not haven't 'noticed' it but then again haven't had anyone film me.

Views: 112    Faves: 0    Comments: 1
shbell23 wrote:
napue wrote:
shbell23 wrote:

I have just sent them a video of the issue with a full description - waiting to hear back.

Here is the video I sent:

Views: 187    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

See how the issue is only there when the lever is in the open position. When the lever is in pedal there is no knock - just a squishing/hissing noise. When I flip it to open tho the knock appears and is very defined - I can also feel it through the bike.

I'll let you know when I hear back.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.378139
Mobile Version of Website