YT Capra Owners

Author Message
Posted: Oct 20, 2016 at 3:29 Quote
anyone that has saints or hope e4 or guide rsc, to tell his experience?

Iam about to change my brakes, so would like some opinions Smile

Posted: Oct 20, 2016 at 4:16 Quote
fr33riding wrote:
anyone that has saints or hope e4 or guide rsc, to tell his experience?

Iam about to change my brakes, so would like some opinions Smile

I'm running Saints with 203 icetech rotors front and rear.
Great brakes! Always plenty of power and never managed to overheat them, I've been riding my bike almost every weekend this summer at bikeparks and never had a problem with the brakes.
I've heard some people complaining about lack of modulation, but that never bothered me; in my opinion saints have better modulation than XTs for example...
I've never tried the others, I've tried a few testbikes with Guides RS and I didn't really like them, if that counts for something....

Posted: Oct 20, 2016 at 4:22 Quote
fr33riding wrote:
anyone that has saints or hope e4 or guide rsc, to tell his experience?

Iam about to change my brakes, so would like some opinions Smile

I use saints on my downhill bike and guide rs on my Capra. The saints are powerful and combined with organic pads they have instant bite. The bleeds are simple and clean but I'm not a fan of the lever feel so I have to faff around with the calliper Syringe and lever after bleeding to give the lever less movement. I really like the guides but they lack power compared to saints. They're much more modulated and the lever feel is good especially with a good bleed but it's a pain in the arse and always takes me so much longer than shimano brakes. Also I've had the sticky lever problem with both guides but that's always been sorted with a spray of some water and a wipe down. I wouldn't rush to put saints on my Capra but I'd go for xt or xtr. Likewise, I wouldn't put guides on a 17kg dh bike.

Posted: Oct 20, 2016 at 6:14 Quote
I run saints, very happy with them. I tried a friends saints coupled with xtr levers (no servo wave version), loved the setup. Might consider this combo for the future, or at least for the rear brake.

Posted: Oct 20, 2016 at 9:45 Quote
Chillius wrote:
I run saints, very happy with them. I tried a friends saints coupled with xtr levers (no servo wave version), loved the setup. Might consider this combo for the future, or at least for the rear brake.

Did that combo positively affect modulation or bite, or....?

Posted: Oct 20, 2016 at 9:53 Quote
fr33riding wrote:
anyone that has saints or hope e4 or guide rsc, to tell his experience?

Iam about to change my brakes, so would like some opinions Smile

take a look at Magura MT7 also...
running then with Icetech rotors
Im very satisfied ..
very powerfull with good modulation
no problem with "on/off" braking
not blocking wheel without wanting to
swopped them from the Guide Ultimate's
my bike came with

Posted: Oct 20, 2016 at 10:03 Quote
Hey guys,i wanna get the Capra CF but they dont make XL yet,any news for next year XL Capra CF?

Posted: Oct 20, 2016 at 10:24 Quote
MrJacobsen how were the guide ultimates?

Posted: Oct 20, 2016 at 11:54 Quote
endlessblockades wrote:
Chillius wrote:
I run saints, very happy with them. I tried a friends saints coupled with xtr levers (no servo wave version), loved the setup. Might consider this combo for the future, or at least for the rear brake.

Did that combo positively affect modulation or bite, or....?

It takes an edge off sheer braking power, which is ok considering what we have to begin with. Modulation is better enough to make it worthwhile. The "saint snap" is gone, overall it feels smoother.

Posted: Oct 20, 2016 at 13:18 Quote
fr33riding wrote:
anyone that has saints or hope e4 or guide rsc, to tell his experience?

Iam about to change my brakes, so would like some opinions Smile

Hi there
I'm being using the ame saints since May 2013 ( got them to do Snowdon )
There are now on my Capra .....
Great brakes and have never needed to bleed them !
Really cant fault them
However if I were to change them though, I would for a set of new Magura MT7's cos they look like the bollox

Posted: Oct 20, 2016 at 20:23 Quote
I just ordered a 2016 al comp 1 and I was wondering if anyone's fitted a vivid air on the back, instead of the monarch plus rc3? I was thinking it might go well with the 170 mm Lyrik, and make a kind of mini DH bike. If anyone's done this, how was it for pedaling up the mountain? and what was it like compared to the monarch plus?

Posted: Oct 20, 2016 at 23:50 Quote
dalas51 wrote:
Hey guys,i wanna get the Capra CF but they dont make XL yet,any news for next year XL Capra CF?

After 3 years of no XL in CF I don't think you will ever see one.

The Capra will likely be replaced next year or the year after - its likely the replacement will have an XL, based on them making an XL CF jeffsy...

Posted: Oct 21, 2016 at 2:25 Quote
Richt2000 wrote:
dalas51 wrote:
Hey guys,i wanna get the Capra CF but they dont make XL yet,any news for next year XL Capra CF?

After 3 years of no XL in CF I don't think you will ever see one.

The Capra will likely be replaced next year or the year after - its likely the replacement will have an XL, based on them making an XL CF jeffsy...

I'd agree with that. Machining CF molds is expensive as f*@k, so if they're only going to get 2 years worth of sales out of it (due to the capra being replaced), it's just not cost effective to do so.

Posted: Oct 21, 2016 at 10:02 Quote
benthiessen21 wrote:
I just ordered a 2016 al comp 1 and I was wondering if anyone's fitted a vivid air on the back, instead of the monarch plus rc3? I was thinking it might go well with the 170 mm Lyrik, and make a kind of mini DH bike. If anyone's done this, how was it for pedaling up the mountain? and what was it like compared to the monarch plus?

I highly suggest going with a coil shock if you're going to make it kind of a mini DH bike. Really transforms the bike for the better and I don't even notice the extra weight. Personally I went with the Rockshox RS Vivid RC2 and love it. Could even go with Cane Creek if you want a lever to flip for climbs.

Posted: Oct 21, 2016 at 11:55 Quote
Or a Float X2!! Big Grin

motoxxxer26 wrote:
benthiessen21 wrote:
I just ordered a 2016 al comp 1 and I was wondering if anyone's fitted a vivid air on the back, instead of the monarch plus rc3? I was thinking it might go well with the 170 mm Lyrik, and make a kind of mini DH bike. If anyone's done this, how was it for pedaling up the mountain? and what was it like compared to the monarch plus?

I highly suggest going with a coil shock if you're going to make it kind of a mini DH bike. Really transforms the bike for the better and I don't even notice the extra weight. Personally I went with the Rockshox RS Vivid RC2 and love it. Could even go with Cane Creek if you want a lever to flip for climbs.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025528
Mobile Version of Website