YT Capra Owners

Posted: Apr 29, 2017 at 7:40 Quote
motoxxxer26 wrote:
alldayriderNZ wrote:
Thanks. How do you find it? Much better than the Monarch?

In regards to the stroke length if mines 66mm and the coil is 70mm does that means in theory you are compressing it but 4mm to mount it up in the frame?

No compression needed to fit it into the frame. It will match up exactly like the (crap) Monarch since they are both 222mm from eye to eye. You will be amazed at how much better the bike works with a coil shock!! Small bump sensitivity, ramp up, bottoming control, and even climbing were all vastly improved. Now if I could just find a 27.5 trail fork that is coil sprung....

What kind of setup do you run on your coil shock? Spring rate, compression and rebound? Also how much do you weight? I have some problems to find good basic setup on my vivid coil.

Posted: Apr 29, 2017 at 8:30 Quote
Ans1 wrote:
motoxxxer26 wrote:
alldayriderNZ wrote:
Thanks. How do you find it? Much better than the Monarch?

In regards to the stroke length if mines 66mm and the coil is 70mm does that means in theory you are compressing it but 4mm to mount it up in the frame?

No compression needed to fit it into the frame. It will match up exactly like the (crap) Monarch since they are both 222mm from eye to eye. You will be amazed at how much better the bike works with a coil shock!! Small bump sensitivity, ramp up, bottoming control, and even climbing were all vastly improved. Now if I could just find a 27.5 trail fork that is coil sprung....

What kind of setup do you run on your coil shock? Spring rate, compression and rebound? Also how much do you weight? I have some problems to find good basic setup on my vivid coil.

I'm 82kg and am running a 435lb coil. Compression all the way open, 3 clicks of beginning and 3 clicks of ending rebound. I have a 435lb spring on order since February!!...thanks Ti-Springs.com.

Posted: Apr 29, 2017 at 8:37 Quote
Whether the 28mm rim tape is the right size, capra 2017 e thirteen trs wheel?

https://bythehive.com/pages/wheelgoods

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2017 at 16:34 Quote
@motoxxxer26

I've been waiting for my order from ti-springs since January and been told on two different occasions 'the order is shipping monday', but tht was over a month ago. Thinkin about just askin for my money back at this point.

Posted: Apr 29, 2017 at 17:59 Quote
Just wondering if the AL Comp is worth the extra €600 over the AL? Torn between the two.

Posted: Apr 30, 2017 at 4:26 Quote
Jibbaman28 wrote:
@motoxxxer26

I've been waiting for my order from ti-springs since January and been told on two different occasions 'the order is shipping monday', but tht was over a month ago. Thinkin about just askin for my money back at this point.

Yep, I've been strung along a few more times than twice. It's weird (not really) that they keep posting all these pictures on Instagram of their sponsored riders' bikes with Ti springs.... Scout just emailed me saying it's in the mail.... We'll see about that.

Posted: Apr 30, 2017 at 6:36 Quote
My bike was stolen over Easter, so no riding this summer, but I want to have something concrete in mind to save for. I am having a hard time deciding whether I should aim towards a (lowest tier) Jeffsy or a Capra.

My local area has plenty of steep ups and down, nice single track, natural traisl ... BUT there's also this bike park type stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ot8OjgpCLs which I can literally fit into a 2-3 hour loop (depending on conditions) from my back door.

This: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0Nm-dhJpdE is also near the bike parky type stuff but similar stuff to the end of the video is available even on the shortest loops from my back door.

I've ridden pretty much everything around here except the bike parky stuff on my much loved, upgraded and beefed up, but now stolen 100mm HT, just with less speed and grace, and more white knuckled shitting myself (and some pussying out... but hey if I rode something once, then I rode it... even if I rolled the last 10 meters...)

I have grown to enjoy some technical climbs, but I don't care if the climbing part takes 60mins or 65mins, or if others are faster.

Is a Capra or Jeffsy more appropriate for me?
Will a Jeffsy be able to take a long term thrashing at that bike parky type stuff?

I WANT a Capra... I'm just worried about ending up with too much bike... I heard some one say that "if you aren't sure if you need a Capra, then you don't need one" ... and I'm unsure if i need a Capra, but I really hope I do.

P.S. @ThinkTank, i think it is totally not worth it, they're trying to get people concerned with a lack of RC3 to pay over the odds to get it. I can't think of many people who would rather buy the AL Comp, than the AL + spend €600 on their own choice of upgrades, and sell the bits they're replacing, at least from a practical and functional value point of view, but not everyone has the spare time to do the wrenching and sell, package and post the left overs.

O+
Posted: Apr 30, 2017 at 6:49 Quote
ThinkTank45 wrote:
Just wondering if the AL Comp is worth the extra €600 over the AL? Torn between the two.

I chose the AL Comp over the AL, but I was thinking a lot like you. My main concern before buying was the AL version not having the 3-position compression adjust on the monarch. This ended up not being a big deal - the Capra climbs so well I typically leave it fully open anyway.

The next main difference is GX vs X1 drivetrain - and this is not worth spending and extra 600 in my opinion.

That being said, it's hard to go wrong. I have the AL Comp and I love it!

O+
Posted: Apr 30, 2017 at 6:56 Quote
catnip wrote:

Will a Jeffsy be able to take a long term thrashing at that bike parky type stuff?

You probably wouldn't be disappointed with a Capra. I've done rides I expected to feel "over biked" on, and the Capra handled admirably.

That being said, based on your description I would recommend the jeffsy. I think it will work a little better for your described riding.

Either way, you'll probably be really stoked to be on a YT.

Posted: Apr 30, 2017 at 6:58 Quote
ibex wrote:
G-A-R-Y wrote:
motoxxxer26 wrote:
Now if I could just find a 27.5 trail fork that is coil sprung....

If I could just read french....

contact this guy:
https://www.facebook.com/CrConception

Or just go 350Ti.

What's 350Ti ?

O+
Posted: Apr 30, 2017 at 9:19 Quote
catnip wrote:
My bike was stolen over Easter, so no riding this summer, but I want to have something concrete in mind to save for. I am having a hard time deciding whether I should aim towards a (lowest tier) Jeffsy or a Capra.

My local area has plenty of steep ups and down, nice single track, natural traisl ... BUT there's also this bike park type stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ot8OjgpCLs which I can literally fit into a 2-3 hour loop (depending on conditions) from my back door.

This: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0Nm-dhJpdE is also near the bike parky type stuff but similar stuff to the end of the video is available even on the shortest loops from my back door.

I've ridden pretty much everything around here except the bike parky stuff on my much loved, upgraded and beefed up, but now stolen 100mm HT, just with less speed and grace, and more white knuckled shitting myself (and some pussying out... but hey if I rode something once, then I rode it... even if I rolled the last 10 meters...)

I have grown to enjoy some technical climbs, but I don't care if the climbing part takes 60mins or 65mins, or if others are faster.

I WANT a Capra... I'm just worried about ending up with too much bike... I heard some one say that "if you aren't sure if you need a Capra, then you don't need one" ... and I'm unsure if i need a Capra, but I really hope I do.

P.S. @ThinkTank, i think it is totally not worth it, they're trying to get people concerned with a lack of RC3 to pay over the odds to get it. I can't think of many people who would rather buy the AL Comp, than the AL + spend €600 on their own choice of upgrades, and sell the bits they're replacing, at least from a practical and functional value point of view, but not everyone has the spare time to do the wrenching and sell, package and post the left overs.

Go with Capra. You are better to have too much bike then realize you don't have enough. When I demoed the Capra last year at whistler bike park they wouldn't let me take the Jeffsey up the lift...said it's for the valley trails only. I've ridden with guys with better climbing bikes but really they might only be a few minutes faster to the top, so who really cares. Capra all the way!

Posted: Apr 30, 2017 at 10:15 Quote
motoxxxer26 wrote:
ibex wrote:
G-A-R-Y wrote:

If I could just read french....

contact this guy:
https://www.facebook.com/CrConception

Or just go 350Ti.

What's 350Ti ?

Marzocchi coil fork from like 2014

O+
Posted: Apr 30, 2017 at 12:58 Quote
Has anyone which has the Fox 36 in 160, serviced it? I remember I read somewhere it has a spacer for 160MM of travel. If you take it out, it's 180MM. Anyone raised the fork?

Posted: Apr 30, 2017 at 14:16 Quote
Finally arrived last weak Big Grin

YT Capra CF Pro 2017 - new toy

Posted: Apr 30, 2017 at 14:42 Quote
Beautifull! ENJOY... Akozz

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.030345
Mobile Version of Website