YT Capra Owners

Posted: Jun 6, 2017 at 12:08 Quote
Setanimod wrote:
The 16 is around 500 cheaper, is claimed to be lighter,

I'd take both weights with a pinch of salt. Both bikes will have been weighed with no pedals and in the smallest size. but having said that. I personally wouldn't want a bike as capable DH as the Capra to be under 30lb anyway.

Posted: Jun 6, 2017 at 12:12 Quote
I bought the 2016 at the black friday price before the 2017 was available. Sold the dt swiss wheels and put nobls on and set up tubeless because of all the rumors of them not being strong enough, glad I did because they would probably already be broken the way I have ridden it. Upgraded the shock to get the lockout put in, replaced the seat with SQ lab 611. It's pretty much perfect now. For the minimal price difference, if you don't want to worry about the weak wheels on the 2016 just save yourself the trouble and go 2017

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 at 0:28 Quote
Thanks everyone for the opinions, I over looked a few small upgrades to the 2017 that make me extra happy so I went for it.

Assuming it works out I'm hoping to have it this week Big Grin

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 at 2:18 Quote
coop83 wrote:
I'm shore question about size are on here, sorry just have not got the time to go page to page.

Is there any 6ft6 riders out there on a carpra XL?
I know the size chart says 6'7 but just need to be double shore. Cheers

I'm 195cm tall with 97cm inseam... Definitely twitchy at low speeds when seated and already sure, there are larger and more comfy bikes for longer rides. Also depends if you want conservative geo or the modern longer, lower, slacker. Capra is not the latter. Definitely next bike would be twentyniner, for our heights it's more proportional.

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 at 3:45 Quote
Setanimod wrote:
Thanks everyone for the opinions, I over looked a few small upgrades to the 2017 that make me extra happy so I went for it.

Assuming it works out I'm hoping to have it this week Big Grin

Where do you buy Capra's with no month's waiting, directly from stock?

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 at 4:02 Quote
graemeiow wrote:
Badger79 wrote:
Is there any news from anyone waiting for the pro race? YT promised me to send mine this week - so far, my order is still open on their homepage... Dead Horse
Orderd in march...

Ordered in March, got UPS mail yesterday to say it's ready to collect from YT - forecasting Monday delivery (medium pro race)

Hey graemeiow
Have you finally received your pro race now? I hope everything is fine with it and you had a fine first ride Pirate

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 at 9:36 Quote
Badger79 wrote:
graemeiow wrote:
Badger79 wrote:
Is there any news from anyone waiting for the pro race? YT promised me to send mine this week - so far, my order is still open on their homepage... Dead Horse
Orderd in march...

Ordered in March, got UPS mail yesterday to say it's ready to collect from YT - forecasting Monday delivery (medium pro race)

Hey graemeiow
Have you finally received your pro race now? I hope everything is fine with it and you had a fine first ride Pirate

Good evening Badger - I'm just heading home, where a Capra sized box awaits I'm my garage, so I will assemble tonight! Yours turned up yet??

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 at 11:47 Quote
pulDag wrote:
coop83 wrote:
I'm shore question about size are on here, sorry just have not got the time to go page to page.

Is there any 6ft6 riders out there on a carpra XL?
I know the size chart says 6'7 but just need to be double shore. Cheers

I'm 195cm tall with 97cm inseam... Definitely twitchy at low speeds when seated and already sure, there are larger and more comfy bikes for longer rides. Also depends if you want conservative geo or the modern longer, lower, slacker. Capra is not the latter. Definitely next bike would be twentyniner, for our heights it's more proportional.

Cheers for your honesty pal. Yeah been looking at the geo/measurements and it's hardly any bigger than my XL banshee rune. So gonna keep looking. Cheers pal

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 at 12:32 Quote
Hi guys.
I have question about drivetrain in my Goat AL.
I wanted to swap front chainring form oryginal 32 to 28.
I bought oryginal RF chinch chainring and after swap my derailleur stop working correctly. Gear don't shift, and i have problem with correct setup. I try to swap mech hanger to brand new and it was still the same.
After swap back to 32T everything start to work good.
I want to ask, do somebade have similar issue. And if yes what is solution for this problem? Did I miss something?
Thanks for any answer

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 at 12:33 Quote
Finally arrived!! Looking forward to the weekend Big Grin

Capra CF Pro Race small

CF Pro Race in small

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 at 12:38 Quote
Kat1e wrote:

Capra CF Pro Race small

CF Pro Race in small

They look bloody lush in silver :-)

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 at 12:40 Quote
rpa87 wrote:
Hi guys.
I bought oryginal RF chinch chainring and after swap my derailleur stop working correctly. Gear don't shift, and i have problem with correct setup. I try to swap mech hanger to brand new and it was still the same.
I want to ask, do somebade have similar issue. And if yes what is solution for this problem? Did I miss something?
Thanks for any answer

Yeah, your chain is too long to rock the 28t.

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 at 12:42 Quote
Richt2000 wrote:
Kat1e wrote:

Capra CF Pro Race small

CF Pro Race in small

They look bloody lish in silver :-)

I was scoping out the Le Cruset (knockoff?) pot in Teal!

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 at 12:44 Quote
endlessblockades wrote:
rpa87 wrote:
Hi guys.
Thanks for any answer

So, it is not enough to screw in, tension bolt in derailleur to get good chain tension?
Ok i try "cut" one chain link. Thank You.

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 at 12:52 Quote
rpa87 wrote:
endlessblockades wrote:
rpa87 wrote:
Hi guys.
Thanks for any answer

So, it is not enough to screw in, tension bolt in derailleur to get good chain tension?
Ok i try "cut" one chain link. Thank You.

I think so, because I'm pretty sure had to get a longer chain when I went to a 36t back in 2015. Someone here should know the correct number of links...

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017561
Mobile Version of Website