Posted: Jun 7, 2017 at 13:00 Quote
endlessblockades wrote:
Richt2000 wrote:
Kat1e wrote:
Finally arrived!! Looking forward to the weekend Big Grin

Capra CF Pro Race small

CF Pro Race in small

They look bloody lish in silver :-)

I was scoping out the Le Cruset (knockoff?) pot in Teal!

No knockoffs, its the signature casserole dish in Teal. Love them.

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 at 13:26 Quote
rpa87 wrote:
Hi guys.
I have question about drivetrain in my Goat AL.
I wanted to swap front chainring form oryginal 32 to 28.
I bought oryginal RF chinch chainring and after swap my derailleur stop working correctly. Gear don't shift, and i have problem with correct setup. I try to swap mech hanger to brand new and it was still the same.
After swap back to 32T everything start to work good.
I want to ask, do somebade have similar issue. And if yes what is solution for this problem? Did I miss something?
Thanks for any answer

I swapped the 32T for a 30T (which suits my riding well) and didn't touch the derailleur or chain without any issues. Going to 28T is a pretty big jump so I'd take out a link and check it out. If problem is still there pop out another.

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 at 14:29 Quote
[Quote="Kat1e"]
endlessblockades wrote:
Richt2000 wrote:

I was scoping out the Le Cruset (knockoff?) pot in Teal!

Yeah, I have a grip of Le Cruset stuff - spendy but bombproof. Looks like you upgraded to the stainless knob, too.
Do you ever check out ExtremeCookware.com?

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 at 15:18 Quote
coop83 wrote:
pulDag wrote:
coop83 wrote:
I'm shore question about size are on here, sorry just have not got the time to go page to page.

Is there any 6ft6 riders out there on a carpra XL?
I know the size chart says 6'7 but just need to be double shore. Cheers

I'm 195cm tall with 97cm inseam... Definitely twitchy at low speeds when seated and already sure, there are larger and more comfy bikes for longer rides. Also depends if you want conservative geo or the modern longer, lower, slacker. Capra is not the latter. Definitely next bike would be twentyniner, for our heights it's more proportional.

Cheers for your honesty pal. Yeah been looking at the geo/measurements and it's hardly any bigger than my XL banshee rune. So gonna keep looking. Cheers pal

Just to further confirm...I'm 6'4" and if I was any taller I'd have sold my XL already.

O+
Posted: Jun 7, 2017 at 15:58 Quote
rpa87 wrote:
Hi guys.
I bought oryginal RF chinch chainring and after swap my derailleur stop working correctly. Gear don't shift, and i have problem with correct setup. I try to swap mech hanger to brand new and it was still the same.
I want to ask, do somebade have similar issue. And if yes what is solution for this problem? Did I miss something?
Thanks for any answer

You have to remove a couple links from the chain and maybe re adjust the shifting

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 at 22:41 Quote
Trailstunter wrote:
Setanimod wrote:
Thanks everyone for the opinions, I over looked a few small upgrades to the 2017 that make me extra happy so I went for it.

Assuming it works out I'm hoping to have it this week Big Grin

Where do you buy Capra's with no month's waiting, directly from stock?

Drove up to Squamish and stole one from the Canadians Big Grin

Also any tips for setting the bike up? Although I would greatly appreciate just slapping it together and hitting the trail, I thought I had read something about adding grease to the BB and Headset? Any other points I should double check?

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 at 23:31 Quote
[Quote="endlessblockades"]
Kat1e wrote:
endlessblockades wrote:

Yeah, I have a grip of Le Cruset stuff - spendy but bombproof. Looks like you upgraded to the stainless knob, too.

It's one of these, stainless knob is standard

https://www.lecreuset.co.uk/signature-cast-iron-round-casserole

Will check out the site you mentioned, cheers.

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 at 23:36 Quote
[Quote="endlessblockades"]
Kat1e wrote:
endlessblockades wrote:

Nooooo! Please don't turn this thread into the homeware-cookware-potsnpans-thread ????

Posted: Jun 8, 2017 at 0:25 Quote
Have a laugh at my expense...

Got home last night, unboxed new Capra.

Fitted bars, then went to stretch rear mech. Grabbed T25, start winding it on, no resistance found, just kept winding loosely. Unwind it, find some swarf inside the bolt. Swear a bit, and curse YT assembly team (must have been their fault right). Try a 4mm Allen bolt, still no joy. Go in the house, get on local forum to see if anyone has a spare. Draw a blank, order new bolt to arrive tomorrow. Go back to garage and bring bolt in, to actually look at it in the light. Hmm, no evidence of anything remotely resembling the shape of a T25 shape. Grab 5mm Allen bolt, fits like a glove. Go out and attach rear mech and torque it. Finish assembly - call myself a number of names.

So, turns out SRAM don't always use T25 on their mechs!!!

Posted: Jun 8, 2017 at 1:23 Quote
Kat1e wrote:
Finally arrived!! Looking forward to the weekend Big Grin

Capra CF Pro Race small

CF Pro Race in small

Phwoar

Posted: Jun 8, 2017 at 3:50 Quote
graemeiow wrote:
Have a laugh at my expense...

Got home last night, unboxed new Capra.

Fitted bars, then went to stretch rear mech. Grabbed T25, start winding it on, no resistance found, just kept winding loosely. Unwind it, find some swarf inside the bolt. Swear a bit, and curse YT assembly team (must have been their fault right). Try a 4mm Allen bolt, still no joy. Go in the house, get on local forum to see if anyone has a spare. Draw a blank, order new bolt to arrive tomorrow. Go back to garage and bring bolt in, to actually look at it in the light. Hmm, no evidence of anything remotely resembling the shape of a T25 shape. Grab 5mm Allen bolt, fits like a glove. Go out and attach rear mech and torque it. Finish assembly - call myself a number of names.

So, turns out SRAM don't always use T25 on their mechs!!!

Hahahahaha!

I recently replaced my x9 mech with gx and every time I go to adjust it I take my Allen key set and get to it and find I need a screwdriver. Sram do it on purpose I swear

O+
Posted: Jun 8, 2017 at 8:10 Quote
endlessblockades wrote:
rpa87 wrote:
Hi guys.
Thanks for any answer

Yeah, your chain is too long to rock the 28t.
I did the same swap and had to remove two links. Shifts great.

Posted: Jun 8, 2017 at 8:16 Quote
Got rid of those awful DB5's off my Capra today, put some Saints on, stopping power for miles! Already got rid of the bars and stem, got Burgtec Enduro Stem and Carbon Bars on there. Next is the wheel, I've already had to true them both, and pull out dings, time for something burlier me thinks. Suggestions?

Posted: Jun 8, 2017 at 9:28 Quote
[Quote="Kat1e"]
endlessblockades wrote:
Kat1e wrote:

It's one of these, stainless knob is standard

https://www.lecreuset.co.uk/signature-cast-iron-round-casserole

Will check out the site you mentioned, cheers.

I was kidding about the cookware site.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.032914
Mobile Version of Website