YT Capra Owners

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 4:28 Quote
MHE1993 wrote:
For someone who is 5'10, YT told me to go with a medium frame Capra, which seems contrary to everything else I've read about this bike and the frame sizes. Can anyone speak from experience here? I don't want to go with the medium only to find that it's way too small for me.

Im 5' 11.5" (182cm) with a 33" inseam on a size L, the seatpost is too high by around 0.5" when extended and feels a good 2" too high when fully compressed..... I can live with it. After a season and a half on the bike i have to say id pick a medium if i had the choice again. When i gets steep 'n' nasty its hard to get low enough on a L so i tend to hang off the back and that makes my arms too straight and everything turn to sh*t, a lower seatpost or shorter reach would help. on the high speed chunder it feels remarkably stable though

If you ride the sort of trials which are so steep you cant stop once you drop in, go for a medium, if you blast high speed chunder go for a large.

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 4:31 Quote
Jammyben wrote:
I have a medium YT Capra AL 2 from 2015, the original black frame with red highlights, and I'm wondering if it's a bit on the small side. I've been having a blast on it but I tend to feel like I'm riding on top of it instead of in it and uphill I have so much weight out back that the front wheel lifts a lot.

This is a bit of a stretch but does anyone else live in Scotland with a large frame that would be willing to let me have a ride to see if it's worth me chasing down a bigger frame?

YES. Glasgow.

If you let me test ride your medium? Would you consider a swap if you preferred the large? Suggest we get a day out somewhere... maybe invite old-man G-A-R-Y out too....

I have a 2016 AL

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 4:33 Quote
Thank you to everyone for the sizing advice.

H

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 4:39 Quote
Yep, many thanks for the sizing support guys. Do you think Yt is going to address the seat tube length in the near future? Any leaks regarding a new model for 2018? Cheers!

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 6:57 Quote
brotherluke wrote:
maybe invite old-man G-A-R-Y out too....

I have a 2016 AL

I'm injured just now. But yeah... If I'm healed up by the time you organise this. I'd be up for it...

isn't martino Central Scotland too?

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 8:58 Quote
valimiu wrote:
jkerrl wrote:
Just picked up my Capra CF Pro yesterday and am scared to ride it due to a subtle gritty/grinding sound that seems to be coming from the Float X2 shock, or perhaps the linkage. Not a comforting sound. Anybody else experience any similar issues?

Otherwise, she's looking flawless!

That will help if U can post a video..would be funny if it's the same noise mine does..but mine is 2 years old..

Here's a video. Thanks for your help.

https://www.pinkbike.com/video/473672/

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 11:28 Quote
So NOBODY on here has a DVO Diamond on their Capra?

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 12:23 Quote
sdaly wrote:
Ask tippie

Oh yeah? I lurked his PB profile - no DVO pics, but I'm not gonna be all "excuse, me Mr. Tippie......?" I already had him sign my saddle at the sea otter. He's probably busy directing good times.

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 12:43 Quote
Devonred wrote:
So... anyone thought about a vorsprung upgrade on the Lyrik?? Love the fork but I do find I'm sitting low in the travel to get the suppleness up top. So far running 2 tokens and it ramps up pretty hard at the end. Wondering whether a bigger negative spring would help...

Anyone?

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 13:22 Quote
Devonred wrote:
Devonred wrote:
So... anyone thought about a vorsprung upgrade on the Lyrik?? Love the fork but I do find I'm sitting low in the travel to get the suppleness up top. So far running 2 tokens and it ramps up pretty hard at the end. Wondering whether a bigger negative spring would help...

Anyone?

want it to sit higher at sag? not blow through the midstroke and want rid of the hard ramp up?

Just remove both tokens and run higher pressure.

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 0:32 Quote
G-A-R-Y wrote:
Devonred wrote:
Devonred wrote:

Anyone?

want it to sit higher at sag? not blow through the midstroke and want rid of the hard ramp up?

Just remove both tokens and run higher pressure.

If you do that, doesn't that mean that you'll sacrifice small bump sensitivity?

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 1:33 Quote
bgodd wrote:

If you do that, doesn't that mean that you'll sacrifice small bump sensitivity?

Yes.

You also have a pneumatic tyre and arms˜ to help you deal with the slight sacrifice though.

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 1:48 Quote
Decided to ditch the SRAM Guides and fit Saints & Icetech rotors

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023939
Mobile Version of Website