YT Capra Owners

Posted: Aug 20, 2017 at 23:31 Quote
Staytey wrote:
Evening gents
Had a great first ride on the new bike today. 417 project. She handled all the drops jumps and rocks and railed berms as if on rails!!!

Glad I took the plunge and bought one!

In response to an earlier comment re boost hubs! If you can feel the difference in 6mm width then you should definitely be phoning the factory teams to see if they've got any jobs!! I personally think this is another clever marketing ploy by the manufacturers to get us to buy new stuff! For the average rider it won't make a shit of difference when were plodding around a trail centre or doing laps of a bike park.
Just my opinion mind!

Boost is a complete con, you are right.
To make a stiffer wheel, use 32 spokes instead of 28, or 24 in the case of some!

Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 7:08 Quote
bogdanc wrote:
endlessblockades wrote:
Stoencha wrote:
Does 2017 Sram Guides which comes with CAPRA AL have the overheating problem?

I believe not, mine (from 2015 CF) were replaced by YT with 2017s - been fine

How can you tell the year? I have 2016 ones but haven't had an issue since November
My Capra arrived in July 2016 and that year I have not experienced the brake lever issue with Guides. This summer is different story. So I guess 2016 models are still affected.

Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 7:29 Quote
Anyone experienced leaking air from RS Monarch Plus? Within few rides my SAG decline from 25% to 35%. Done about 4000 km without servicing it, just clean and lube with silicon oil. Right time to throw money on it?

Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 11:39 Quote
pulDag wrote:
Anyone experienced leaking air from RS Monarch Plus? Within few rides my SAG decline from 25% to 35%. Done about 4000 km without servicing it, just clean and lube with silicon oil. Right time to throw money on it?

I'd consider getting another shock. I've had nothing but trouble with mine (losing both air pressure and oil, felt inconsistent) so I bought a CCDB, feels so much more controlled on the descents.

Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 12:29 Quote
pulDag wrote:

How to fix your Monarch Plus: Throw it in the trash and buy a coil shock.

Ok, maybe a little drastic but if you can make it happen, go coil!

Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 13:42 Quote
On the back of the SRAM Guide talk, my RS rear brake has packed in. Has an issue that's happened to a couple of people, apparently a small part in the lever swells, stops the fluid being pumped through as much so its f*cked essentially.

Any recommendations on replacement? Wanna keep it SRAM really, considering the Code R.

Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 13:53 Quote
ChrisTunn wrote:
On the back of the SRAM Guide talk, my RS rear brake has packed in. Has an issue that's happened to a couple of people, apparently a small part in the lever swells, stops the fluid being pumped through as much so its f*cked essentially.

Any recommendations on replacement? Wanna keep it SRAM really, considering the Code R.

Contact sram, they likely replace it.

O+
Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 14:02 Quote
Trailstunter wrote:
ChrisTunn wrote:

Contact sram, they likely replace it.
I was lucky enough to be at crankworx and took my bike to the sram tent, they replaced the insides of my brakes for me under warranty.

Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 14:39 Quote
Anyone got any experience with coil on the capra? If I'm running around 140psi in my monarch plus, what spring rate should I go for?

O+
Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 15:28 Quote
endlessblockades wrote:
Stoencha wrote:
Does 2017 Sram Guides which comes with CAPRA AL have the overheating problem?

I believe not, mine (from 2015 CF) were replaced by YT with 2017s - been fine

I'm curious how you know that the replacement brakes were 2017's? Not that I don't believe you, however, I wouldn't be surprised if Sram just sent you a new pair of 2015 or 2016 brakes that were in backstock?

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 2:37 Quote
Hey all

I'm looking to replace the bottom headset bearing on my 2017 aluminium Capra. It didn't last long. Several wet rides and it started feeling rough.

Was looking at the Cane Creek 40 series. What size headset is required?

Cheers

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 5:37 Quote
outlier wrote:
Hey all

I'm looking to replace the bottom headset bearing on my 2017 aluminium Capra. It didn't last long. Several wet rides and it started feeling rough.

Cheers

I believe 2017 AL Capra has the same headset as 2016. You can't replace just the bearing, whole bottom cup has to be replaced. I asked YT support to confirm headset spec - it's ZS 56/40 for bottom part.

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 6:28 Quote
pss10c wrote:
outlier wrote:
Hey all

Cheers

I believe 2017 AL Capra has the same headset as 2016. You can't replace just the bearing, whole bottom cup has to be replaced. I asked YT support to confirm headset spec - it's ZS 56/40 for bottom part.

Thanks.

Do you know what the spec is for top assembly?

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 6:38 Quote
outlier wrote:
pss10c wrote:
outlier wrote:
Hey all

Cheers

Thanks.

Do you know what the spec is for top assembly?

It's ZS 44/28.6.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.025623
Mobile Version of Website