YT Capra Owners

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 11:36 Quote
Dave2183 wrote:
G-A-R-Y wrote:
Dave2183 wrote:
Explain why??

#Science

So I offer evidence to show the advice I have given is sound, and you offer .............#science

Good onetup

Science helps us understand and discuss the role a lubricant. in your case an unknown "spray grease"'s viscosity and properties play on friction. It's suitability in it's working environment and allows us to quantify both. it's our understanding of such information that separates us from #Monkeys.
Taking #Science into consideration "just spray a load of grease into the housing then push the cable through"
is far from sound advice. I hope you'll rise above our primate instincts to see my point and the error of your ways Dave.

Plus. all good quality gear cable inner and outer comes pre-lubricated/treated

Wink

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 1:55 Quote
G-A-R-Y wrote:
Dave2183 wrote:
G-A-R-Y wrote:

#Science

So I offer evidence to show the advice I have given is sound, and you offer .............#science

Good onetup

Science helps us understand and discuss the role a lubricant. in your case an unknown "spray grease"'s viscosity and properties play on friction. It's suitability in it's working environment and allows us to quantify both. it's our understanding of such information that separates us from #Monkeys.
Taking #Science into consideration "just spray a load of grease into the housing then push the cable through"
is far from sound advice. I hope you'll rise above our primate instincts to see my point and the error of your ways Dave.

Plus. all good quality gear cable inner and outer comes pre-lubricated/treated

Wink

So spraying said unknown grease into the gear housing is vastly different from rubbing said unknown grease onto the gear cable itself.... I think not.

Anyone with a few brain cells can work out that when someone on a bike forum gives advise to use a spray grease that they mean a spray grease that is suitable for the task that they have been advised to use it for. But I guess your inability to work that out must be that ''primate instinct'' coming out in you. And I think this speaks volumes about the advice you have given.

Whether the advice I gave is sound or not in your eyes, the fact that I have given evidence in the fact that I have used this technique on all of my bikes and have had never had to change a cable due to any ill effects of said technique speaks for itself really.

Copying and pasting quotes form the internet in an attempt to sound like you know what you are talking about doesn't really cut it. And referencing primates as an attempt at an insult just reeks of internet troll. So with that in mind I will leave you to it.Rolleyes Beer

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 2:26 Quote
Boys!!

I for one find this thread very useful and feel that there is a good sense of community here so please don't get hooked in by certain comments that could be considered as trolling (yes we have all seen it on here many times). We all have one thing in common in that we have owned, want to own or currently own an awesome bike that needs a bit of tlc now and again.

Peace brothers!

O+
Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 7:33 Quote
Hey guys,

For those with a coil rear end, what spring rate are you running for the riding you do. I'm about 185-190lbs, would 350lb spring be good? I do a mix of trail and bike park riding with it. Just want an idea what everyone's set up is.

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 8:32 Quote
Jibbaman28 wrote:
Hey guys,

For those with a coil rear end, what spring rate are you running for the riding you do. I'm about 185-190lbs, would 350lb spring be good? I do a mix of trail and bike park riding with it. Just want an idea what everyone's set up is.

I'm 180 and I have a 400lb spring and it gives me 30% sag on my fox dhx 5

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 8:40 Quote
Jibbaman28 wrote:
Hey guys,

Running a 425lbs coil from ti-springs.com and weigh roughly 185lbs fully dressed out.

O+
Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 12:08 Quote
Perfect, Thanks for the feedback guys

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 13:32 Quote
Jibbaman28 wrote:
Hey guys,

Recently switched to coil as well. I'm around 180, running 375#, gives me about 35% sag right on target.

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 15:11 Quote
photo

7NM and only 3m hex key, these should be made out of steel.

Anyone else stripped one of these before?

O+
Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 16:26 Quote
I sure did. I just left it

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 23:53 Quote
stevendotwang wrote:
photo

7NM and only 3m hex key, these should be made out of steel.

Anyone else stripped one of these before?

I did and got replacements from YT, you use the outside shown on the picture as a gripper so just put the tool in to hold it in place and you torque it to 7nm with a torx on the inside side of the bolt. It is confusing but I check mine that way all the time now with no chewing of the outer side.

Posted: Sep 15, 2017 at 0:56 Quote
Just a reference since size questions still pops up, I've just been in Saalbach with my buddy for a few days. While I'm 183 cm / 6 foot, I've tried testing my Large besides his Medium and boy when putting the gas pedal down and start launching in the air for my normal shaped body that felt really small. His 176 if I recall correctly and he also admitted that when you're pushing it he liked the Large size more.

Posted: Sep 15, 2017 at 5:35 Quote
bogdanc wrote:
Just a reference since size questions still pops up, I've just been in Saalbach with my buddy for a few days. While I'm 183 cm / 6 foot, I've tried testing my Large besides his Medium and boy when putting the gas pedal down and start launching in the air for my normal shaped body that felt really small. His 176 if I recall correctly and he also admitted that when you're pushing it he liked the Large size more.

182cm and perfectly averagely proportioned body/limbs. coming from DH I love slack and low (like proper low) full suspension bikes but can't stand long bikes. coming from a BMX , then DH, then Dirt jump background Medium feels far better for jumping, is far more maneuverable and no problem at all with stability either in super steep, super rough or super fast terrain.

Point being we're all different. Ride one. preferably in more than one size. rather than listen to a stranger on the internet's opinion.Make up your own mind.

Ps. Sorry Dave... I meant if you really feel you must put grease on your cables. do it sparingly. I don't. While you're at the bar mine's a Carlsberg Beer Beer

Posted: Sep 15, 2017 at 12:44 Quote
I've just replaced my pivot bearings with a good ole hammer and sockets. Not to sure to put pictures up on here but they are on my profile page if anyone if is thinking about changing theirs.
Once the bike was strippped down it was pretty straight forward apart from getting some of the bolts out !
Plenty of elbow grease and gentle tapping and hey presto new bouncyness to enjoy

Posted: Sep 16, 2017 at 13:41 Quote
Does anyone have a set of wheels for sale? There to fit the Bos fork so 20mm front

????????

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016400
Mobile Version of Website