YT Capra Owners

Posted: Oct 19, 2017 at 8:36 Quote
bogdanc wrote:
I've put a leg over a spindrift and from a parking lot test it doesn't feel any much better than my 180mm 36 / 170 mm Float X2 Capra

My buddy has it...it’s actually much mora stable but way less playful

Posted: Oct 19, 2017 at 9:19 Quote
Forgive me for asking (it wouldn't come up in a forum search) but what is the hardware needed to mount the Fox X2 shock to our Capras and where to find them? Switching from Rockshox to Fox. Thank you.

Posted: Oct 19, 2017 at 10:43 Quote
motoxxxer26 wrote:
Forgive me for asking (it wouldn't come up in a forum search) but what is the hardware needed to mount the Fox X2 shock to our Capras and where to find them? Switching from Rockshox to Fox. Thank you.

Geo325ti wrote:
Hey there!

1/Has anyone change the Monarch for the X2?Is it a fit and go process or its like this case?
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=197219

2/Instead of the 222 eye-2-eye options has anyone try or ask YT if a 216x63 shock whould fit and do the job?There are some pretty good alternatives out there such as the new dpx2 for example

Cheers Beer Beer

Im also waiting for somebody's answer ...lets see

Posted: Oct 19, 2017 at 11:47 Quote
Isn't the mounting hardware the exact same? I think only Cane Creek makes their eyelets custom sized. You should be able to swap RS hardware to the X2

motoxxxer26 wrote:

Posted: Oct 19, 2017 at 11:54 Quote
chrisingrassia wrote:
Isn't the mounting hardware the exact same? I think only Cane Creek makes their eyelets custom sized. You should be able to swap RS hardware to the X2

motoxxxer26 wrote:
Did you read this https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=197219 ?

Posted: Oct 19, 2017 at 14:50 Quote
Are you replying to me?
I'm answering the question of what mounting hardware is necessary. Should be the same for both shocks. 22x8 and 34x8.
If the guy wants to run an X2 that's his decision. I'm not into governing other people's choices.

lkuzba wrote:
chrisingrassia wrote:

motoxxxer26 wrote:
Did you read this https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=197219 ?

Posted: Oct 19, 2017 at 15:45 Quote
chrisingrassia wrote:
Are you replying to me?
I'm answering the question of what mounting hardware is necessary. Should be the same for both shocks. 22x8 and 34x8.
If the guy wants to run an X2 that's his decision. I'm not into governing other people's choices.

lkuzba wrote:
chrisingrassia wrote:

Well hell! Sounds like leaving the coil shock on my bike is the best option then...

Posted: Oct 19, 2017 at 23:12 Quote
chrisingrassia wrote:
Are you replying to me?

lkuzba wrote:
chrisingrassia wrote:

Once again. Read the topic.
Or if it's too dificult: the X2 shock is too long in general and needs offset bushes.

O+
Posted: Oct 20, 2017 at 17:24 Quote
photo

Been runnin the coil for about a month now. Loved the way this bike rode before with the X2, but its a whole different beast now. Don't think I'll be switchin back anytime soon.

Fitted it with an off-set bushing at the frame mount end. Gives the rocker a bit more clearance near the seat-post when the shock is fully extended.

And nevermind the cables, I know they're a mess. Still rides like it should, though.

Posted: Oct 21, 2017 at 7:52 Quote
Got my Capra and I'm impressed, only given it a couple of runs on my practice track in the wet so haven't pushed it hard enough yet, but it feels as I expected, good handling even in tight steep twisty sections, comfortable pedaling, reach seems ok at 6'5 on XL, my only gripe so far is the bars could be wider for an XL, but that goes for every bike I've ever bought

Finishing setting up, feels smooth, only I don't seem to be using much travel, does anyone know if the shock has an air volume spacer in it that I could take out, Capra Al comp with monarch plus rc3 ?

Waiting for a few days for tracks to dry so I can test it properly but I'm fairly certain it ramps too much and I'm at 33 sag already

Posted: Oct 21, 2017 at 22:23 Quote
Ray-Neary wrote:
Got my Capra and I'm impressed, only given it a couple of runs on my practice track in the wet so haven't pushed it hard enough yet, but it feels as I expected, good handling even in tight steep twisty sections, comfortable pedaling, reach seems ok at 6'5 on XL, my only gripe so far is the bars could be wider for an XL, but that goes for every bike I've ever bought

Finishing setting up, feels smooth, only I don't seem to be using much travel, does anyone know if the shock has an air volume spacer in it that I could take out, Capra Al comp with monarch plus rc3 ?

Waiting for a few days for tracks to dry so I can test it properly but I'm fairly certain it ramps too much and I'm at 33 sag already

The shaft length on this length monarch is longer than the actual stroke as well. So you might be using a little more travel than you think you do.

Posted: Oct 21, 2017 at 23:23 Quote
SleepingAwake wrote:
The shaft length on this length monarch is longer than the actual stroke as well. So you might be using a little more travel than you think you do.

Cheers I didnt know that, it might make the difference, I'll check it with a tape, ran out of time now anyway, I either ride it like that or I take my other bike, if I still have problems I'll have a look for bands during the week when I've more time

Set sag 30 forks and 35 shock, softer than I'm used to but conditions are bad so I doubt I'll be bottoming out anywhere

Posted: Oct 22, 2017 at 1:42 Quote
Ray-Neary wrote:
SleepingAwake wrote:

Cheers I didnt know that, it might make the difference, I'll check it with a tape, ran out of time now anyway, I either ride it like that or I take my other bike, if I still have problems I'll have a look for bands during the week when I've more time

Set sag 30 forks and 35 shock, softer than I'm used to but conditions are bad so I doubt I'll be bottoming out anywhere

Simpliest way to find out how many travel you can use is deflate the shock and bottom out by hand. Definitely I would recommend using sag between 25-30% sag. Pedal response is much higher and the bike feels more lively. In this kjind of setup I am using 90% of the travel most of the time and the rest is left for big hits on drops.
However in this Monarch Plus HV are no volume spacers if I remember corectly, so u can't do much about it.

Posted: Oct 22, 2017 at 4:14 Quote
Yeah felt a bit soft today, which was fine for the conditions, but I had it at 25 front and 30 back when I tested it and that felt good, I would be surprised if they added bands to a progressive shock on a progressive frame but maybe as a compromise for heavy riders as it's an XL

It's my first rockshox though and I've only fox fluids so I prefer to go shopping first before touching the fork or shock, we will have a sunny week so I should be able to push it a bit and check the travel during the week, then planning a proper test with the Pic du Midi next week

So far so good, brakes are pushed as far as possible and just about made space for my huge hands but will probably get larger bars and at least change the front tyre to a minion, the highroller on the back is fine for winter, should be all good and tubeless before next week

Cheers for the help

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020990
Mobile Version of Website