YT Capra Owners

Posted: Nov 22, 2017 at 5:29 Quote
Geo325ti wrote:
Yes,go back to read that universal standards do not exist at Fox....Confused Madder

Anyway,here is my final post for this matter

These are the answers i got directly from YT representative throu emails i've exchange

YT shortly say that :
-you can use any 222x70 mm rear shock
-X2 have a tolerance in length up to 5mm that could lead to problems
-the up to 5mm length tolerance is not an official Fox statement,just from their experience
-there are cases that X2 has fitted to comp frames without any problems and nothing had to be changed or modified
-if the X2 is not 222mm in length i should return it to the store i bought it because "its not what i paid for"

The last 2 answers they gave me,cancel the previous of "2,3 or up to 5mm tolerance" in general

e2e lengths are universal standards for everybody.There can not be any type of tolerance to e2e length at any kind/brand of shock.If there is,especially when its "up to 5mm" as they said,then its a manufacturer fault,not tolerance.
Otherwise go buy a 216x63 and if you are lucky enough,it could go up to 221mm and fit it to the frame Wink

And here is a video that proves all the above.From communication that i have with him,rockerarm does not touch the frame and nothing had to be modified or changed

About the Fox X2 e2e tolerance BS....

I believe that somewhere else was the problem for the other guys,maybe at rockerarm but definitely NOT at the suspension's e2e universal standard

Posted: Nov 22, 2017 at 11:46 Quote
lkuzba wrote:
valimiu wrote:
Sad newz..found out today that the lever from my Kirk shock broke..any advice how to get another one? The lever ,not the shock...
Buy it.
https://www.probikeshop.com/en/pl/bos-kirk-suspension-thumb-lever-for-rear-shock-151512-d-003a/123490.html
Cheers mate, thanks for the info...

Posted: Nov 22, 2017 at 13:18 Quote
Anyone fitted SRAM GX Eagle 12 speed Groupset on their Capra??? Does it fit ok? Did you have to use any spacers on BB?? CRC got the groupset down to £300 now

Posted: Nov 23, 2017 at 7:30 Quote
Anyone know where I’ll get the best price on a 222x70 DHX2 with 350lb SLS spring??

Posted: Nov 23, 2017 at 7:39 Quote
wilfred2551 wrote:
Anyone fitted SRAM GX Eagle 12 speed Groupset on their Capra??? Does it fit ok? Did you have to use any spacers on BB?? CRC got the groupset down to £300 now
I did X01 Eagle, I would expect that they are the same. I didn't have any issues with chainline or spacing. Just make sure to buy the right BB width.

Posted: Nov 23, 2017 at 11:46 Quote
graemeiow wrote:
Anyone know where I’ll get the best price on a 222x70 DHX2 with 350lb SLS spring??

Have a look on the ground next to Chris Porters pram?

Wink

Posted: Nov 23, 2017 at 14:08 Quote
G-A-R-Y wrote:
graemeiow wrote:

Have a look on the ground next to Chris Porters pram?

Wink

Big Grin Pimp Big Grin

Posted: Nov 23, 2017 at 18:41 Quote
wilfred2551 wrote:

The CRC offered complete GX eagle groupset is no good because the cranks are GXP. Thats a 24mm axle with down step to 22mm on non drive side. For Capra you Ideally want the Sram crankset that has BB30 axle and the correct width PF30 BB to go with it.

I used this Hope BB but SRAM/Truvativ does make a normal "cheap" option as well.

Whether you need to modify something on the BB depends on what you currently have there. I had the old old Raceface turbine with 24mm axle (X-type) and their PF30 to X-type adaptor BB so I had to swap it all. If you currently got the 1x11 Sram crankset with 30mm axle you don't need to do anything to the BB. If you got the new RF cinch stuff or e13 stuff that YT used to put on there, or even the old X-type stuff that I had you'll need to get a new BB as well.

It might be possible to botch GXP crankset onto a PF30 BB shell using some BB adapter set, but I have no experience with that.

Clear as mud, eh?

//edit: other than the above Eagle works fine on Capra. Beware the loooooooong RD cage though. Managed to bent mine with a loose tree branch on first ride Really Mad

//edit2: so using the Hope PF46 BB for 24mm axles and these Hope GXP adapters it should be possible to use GXP crankset on Capra

Posted: Nov 24, 2017 at 11:23 Quote
I'm pretty confident that YT will be releasing a slightly revised Capra frame for 2018 with 170mm rear wheel travel, revised geometry (longer reach), boost spacing and specing up to 180mm forks. 650b wheelsize for sure, did not hear anything about 29er.

Reliable source which I will not reveal of course Smile

Posted: Nov 24, 2017 at 11:48 Quote
flemingian wrote:
Yt capra owner al1 2016 here.
Seatstay crack .......
Sent it back to yt . Wast of time and money.
Seen small hair line crack in stay .. sent them photos... and they said sent it all to them...
Few day later contact ... they said crash.. but now crash they wanted 300 euro for new seatstay 40 labur and postage... now i dident crash... as i taught it shud be warranty... but no.....
So i said send it back to me as is ..and they did with no charge..

All i can say is bad form.. shame on u yt...
U lost more than one sale here in lreland...
U shud listen to people....
I did not crash i put my trust in yt and bought one without testing i trusted yt and u ran away..
On a seatstay...... up the irish... dont trust them...
Mob me ass

Just push them harder, of course their loss prevention team will work hard, but you work harder.

Posted: Nov 24, 2017 at 12:52 Quote
Well, I ordered a Capra CF today due to them dropping price again. Was so close to pulling the trigger last night but didn't. Glad I waited! So stoked now I just have to wait... lol

Posted: Nov 26, 2017 at 1:57 Quote
So...the big man at YT - Markus Flossman - recently posted and I quote " Sometimes something has to come to an end before something wonderful new can rise" with the hastag #goodtimesahead

A few days later he was asked "new bike"? He replied "maybe" with a smiley face.

What is coming to the end? What is something new?

A brand new model to replace the Capra? Or just a new Capra? Possibly a Capra 29?

Maybe it's not the Capra. Perhaps it's the Tues?

Let's start the speculations :-)

Posted: Nov 26, 2017 at 2:19 Quote
let me add: Finally new dirt jump models?

a revised or updated Capra 2.0 wouldn't be surprise.

Posted: Nov 26, 2017 at 8:12 Quote
I reckon a new Capra for sure,but what will it be like?
Could go 2 ways......resize the old frame/linkage design or have a complete new design from what they have learn't ie making it look more like a burly Jeffsy type thing,with the newer maybe not quite as progressive linkage/horst link design.It could also go 'full enduro' ie 180mm front and rear separating it further from their trail bikes. .
I'm surprised YT havent come up with a funky hardtail to expand their range as that's where their roots were .

eBike......Eek

Time will tell

Posted: Nov 26, 2017 at 8:16 Quote
Burly 29er with a Capra pedigree please!!!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.034740
Mobile Version of Website