YT Capra Owners

O+
Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 7:57 Quote
So what did the delivery date say on your invoices? Just wondering if it’s likely to be accurate.

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 8:01 Quote
twenty4chris wrote:
muggomagic wrote:
Hopefully tomorrow is happy new Capra for us all.
What version did you both order?
I ordered the 27 AL. Can’t wait to get my hands on it and get out for a ride.
27CF for me. I like the black and grey color scheme the most, and the build kit fits my needs.
At 6'2 I went for a large which is a bit of a gamble(hope it`s not to small). It will be used for 90% at the bikepark so it`s playfullness that I`m after rather than climbing or straitline abilities.
It will be my first enduro bike so I have no comparison rather than my Transition TR 450 with a reach of only 421mm.
Also ride streettrials 24" for 80% of the time, so basicly any normal mountainbike feels massive to me.

Don't want to spoil your fun, but as I've wrote you before in many times , after a short period of time you'll feel your bike small .

I won't come back with all things from people that ACTUALLY rode it & said (check my post at p1445) the XL bikes feel natural for 6 footers and even below, but you're wrong even when we check YT size chart.

As a general rule , a longer bike you can be adjusted with a shorter stem but a small bike will be small bike period.

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 8:12 Quote
muggomagic wrote:
So what did the delivery date say on your invoices? Just wondering if it’s likely to be accurate.

Mine said 22nd, bike still in Germany so can't see it arriving tomorrow.

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 8:15 Quote
bogdanc wrote:
twenty4chris wrote:
muggomagic wrote:
27CF for me. I like the black and grey color scheme the most, and the build kit fits my needs.
At 6'2 I went for a large which is a bit of a gamble(hope it`s not to small). It will be used for 90% at the bikepark so it`s playfullness that I`m after rather than climbing or straitline abilities.
It will be my first enduro bike so I have no comparison rather than my Transition TR 450 with a reach of only 421mm.
Also ride streettrials 24" for 80% of the time, so basicly any normal mountainbike feels massive to me.

Don't want to spoil your fun, but as I've wrote you before in many times , after a short period of time you'll feel your bike small .

I won't come back with all things from people that ACTUALLY rode it & said (check my post at p1445) the XL bikes feel natural for 6 footers and even below, but you're wrong even when we check YT size chart.

As a general rule , a longer bike you can be adjusted with a shorter stem but a small bike will be small bike period.

Not really, a longer bike can only be made as small as the smallest stem, which is 30mm. Short bike can be made longer with a longer stem to a greater extent, recognising the disadvantages with long stems. The size of bikes has grown over the years, so a L Capra has longer reach than my L Nukeproof mega, which fits me just fine at just under 6ft. Size is a preference thing, not a rule.

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 8:20 Quote
bogdanc wrote:

Unless you like...put a longer stem on it. Eek

Some people go fast on short bikes, it's a fact of life, let em be.

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 9:08 Quote
twenty4chris wrote:
muggomagic wrote:

I'm 6' 1" and my older L Capra felt huge at first. Even the 27.5 wheels seemed circus-like at first. I've been super happy with my L and the next Capra i get will be an L too. It's fine that it's a little longer now, but I never felt cramped and I run a 31mm stem. People are all caught up in this size thing, don't let it get you down. It may even feel way too big at first.

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 9:32 Quote
muggomagic wrote:
Davec85 wrote:
muggomagic wrote:
Ordered my Capra Monday afternoon. The invoice I received yesterday has "Delivery Date: 22/02/2018" is that the date I should expect it to arrive or is that a shipment date. DHL picked it up 20/02 in the afternoon. Just trying to work out when I'll need to book a day off of work.

My invoice has the same delivery date but not showing up on parcel force yet and DHL tracking still shows it on first stage.

Same here. See if it moves today/tonight.

Where should the tracking number be on the invoice?

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 9:39 Quote
Travel66 wrote:
muggomagic wrote:
Davec85 wrote:

My invoice has the same delivery date but not showing up on parcel force yet and DHL tracking still shows it on first stage.

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 9:45 Quote
endlessblockades wrote:
twenty4chris wrote:
muggomagic wrote:

I'm 6' 1" and my older L Capra felt huge at first. Even the 27.5 wheels seemed circus-like at first. I've been super happy with my L and the next Capra i get will be an L too. It's fine that it's a little longer now, but I never felt cramped and I run a 31mm stem. People are all caught up in this size thing, don't let it get you down. It may even feel way too big at first.

Im 6 ft and will be buying a Large, reviews will say I cuold be on an XL but the Large reach and wheelbase looks spot on for me.

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 10:56 Quote
Davec85 wrote:
Travel66 wrote:
muggomagic wrote:

Cheers, hopefully the web page will work soon

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 11:21 Quote
Travel66 wrote:
Davec85 wrote:
Travel66 wrote:

Cheers, hopefully the web page will work soon

Is it down? I found that when trying to log in I had to change the region to UK, then it logged in. When I just tried to log in on the default page it kept saying 'you already have an account'. You should also receive an email from DHL with a link.

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 12:42 Quote
I am looking to get the 27.5 Capra AL and am 178 cm (5'10") tall. Would a L size be appropriate for me? The majority of stuff I've read seems to say that it will, but there is significant talk of going larger on the first impressions on various websites.

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 13:06 Quote
coaster156 wrote:
I am looking to get the 27.5 Capra AL and am 178 cm (5'10") tall. Would a L size be appropriate for me? The majority of stuff I've read seems to say that it will, but there is significant talk of going larger on the first impressions on various websites.

I'm just over an inch taller and I got a large. Should be here in a few days, will let you know how it fits.

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 14:05 Quote
192cm
89 cm inseam

What size Capra to order? XL or XXL?

I have no other bike to compare it to

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 14:59 Quote
coaster156 wrote:

I'm 5'10' and have a large 2017 it's perfect for me only issue is the 150mm seatpost is all but 10mm into the frame but the new model has a 30mm shorter seatpost.

XL would be too big for me I'm sure.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.023699
Mobile Version of Website