YT Capra Owners

Posted: Apr 26, 2018 at 1:23 Quote
chize wrote:
maciejw wrote:
nofx007 wrote:
Hi guys,

I just unpacked my medium Capra 27.5 CF and have a question on the e13 dropper. I am 174cm so right at the top end of the medium size, however the e13 dropper came with a sticker around the base stating that the post must be 3cm out of the frame from the further it can go in. Keeping to this the dropper at maximum height is too high for me and tbh looks ridiculously high for the frame. I'm not mt stumpy with tiny legs, just normal so this does seem very odd. If I am having issues with it being too high and am at the top end of the sizing with the standard inseam, the short chaps don't stand a chance. Any ideas if this is normal or should I ping YT a mail?

3cm measured how? Looking at YT website - they leave no space, looking at the max insert from the chart below - same thing. There is some 33mm at the bottom though... ? Got me worried, since I ordered an XL and I don't have huge inseam... ?

https://thehiveglobal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002763831-TRS-Seatpost-Frame-Fit-Chart
The XL likely won't have this issue as the seat tube is longer

The XL CF can take 275mm according to YT so you will be fine with 150mm E13 as its 268mm even including the massive 53mm mech. The only thing to be aware of is the stack (bottom of nut to rails) is 75mm on top of the 150 travel so the minimum sticking out when full raised is 225mm.

Posted: Apr 26, 2018 at 4:22 Quote
photo
photo
photo

Hi guys, trying to change my bearings. No problems except for the larger ones on the V4L link. I cant get either of the hex head adjusters off, I've unscrewed them as far as they will go and as shown in the pics this is only a few mm either side. How do you get these off?

Thanks

Posted: Apr 26, 2018 at 6:46 Quote
I just unpacked my medium Capra 27.5 CF and have a question on the e13 dropper. I am 174cm so right at the top end of the medium size, however the e13 dropper came with a sticker around the base stating that the post must be 3cm out of the frame from the further it can go in. Keeping to this the dropper at maximum height is too high for me and tbh looks ridiculously high for the frame. I'm not mt stumpy with tiny legs, just normal so this does seem very odd. If I am having issues with it being too high and am at the top end of the sizing with the standard inseam, the short chaps don't stand a chance. Any ideas if this is normal or should I ping YT a mail?[/Quote]

3cm measured how? Looking at YT website - they leave no space, looking at the max insert from the chart below - same thing. There is some 33mm at the bottom though... ? Got me worried, since I ordered an XL and I don't have huge inseam... ?

https://thehiveglobal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002763831-TRS-Seatpost-Frame-Fit-Chart[/Quote]
The XL likely won't have this issue as the seat tube is longer[/Quote]

The XL CF can take 275mm according to YT so you will be fine with 150mm E13 as its 268mm even including the massive 53mm mech. The only thing to be aware of is the stack (bottom of nut to rails) is 75mm on top of the 150 travel so the minimum sticking out when full raised is 225mm.[/Quote]

[Quote="Travel66"][Quote="chize"][Quote="maciejw"][Quote="nofx007"]Hi guys,

photo

Hi guys,

The bit highlighted in red can with a sticker saying the post should only be inserted this far. If I push it all the way in and ignore this the post still works fine, just checking if this warning is for the dropper to operate properly? or more to do with damaging the frame?

Cheers

Posted: Apr 26, 2018 at 9:01 Quote
nofx007 wrote:
I just unpacked my medium Capra 27.5 CF and have a question on the e13 dropper. I am 174cm so right at the top end of the medium size, however the e13 dropper came with a sticker around the base stating that the post must be 3cm out of the frame from the further it can go in. Keeping to this the dropper at maximum height is too high for me and tbh looks ridiculously high for the frame. I'm not mt stumpy with tiny legs, just normal so this does seem very odd. If I am having issues with it being too high and am at the top end of the sizing with the standard inseam, the short chaps don't stand a chance. Any ideas if this is normal or should I ping YT a mail?

https://thehiveglobal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002763831-TRS-Seatpost-Frame-Fit-Chart[/Quote]
The XL likely won't have this issue as the seat tube is longer[/Quote]

The XL CF can take 275mm according to YT so you will be fine with 150mm E13 as its 268mm even including the massive 53mm mech. The only thing to be aware of is the stack (bottom of nut to rails) is 75mm on top of the 150 travel so the minimum sticking out when full raised is 225mm.[/Quote]

[Quote="Travel66"][Quote="chize"][Quote="maciejw"]

Before ordering a Large AL Pro 29er I asked YT if the post can be inserted down to the collar. YT said it could and there was no problem. Also, the maximum insertion on the e13 technical drawing is to the bottom of the collar, not 3cm below. So I'm pretty sure it's a none issue- at least for the large and above.

Posted: Apr 26, 2018 at 10:34 Quote
[/Quote]

Hi guys,

The bit highlighted in red can with a sticker saying the post should only be inserted this far. If I push it all the way in and ignore this the post still works fine, just checking if this warning is for the dropper to operate properly? or more to do with damaging the frame?

Cheers[/Quote]

The further you push it into the frame the less room there will be between the cable interface with the post and the hole where the cable enters the frame. I expect that marker is to ensure sufficient clearance between the two for correct operation. If the clearance is too small there will be quite a severe bend from where the cable enters the frame to where it connects to the dropper.

Posted: Apr 26, 2018 at 16:37 Quote
can anyone who had to change their frame bearings tell me how i will know when they need changing there is a grim clicking sound coming from the linkage area any help would be great

Posted: Apr 26, 2018 at 21:55 Quote
relscb wrote:
can anyone who had to change their frame bearings tell me how i will know when they need changing there is a grim clicking sound coming from the linkage area any help would be great

Take the shock out and move the back end through its travel by hand. It's should feel nice and smooth, no resistance or notches. Clicking might be bottom bracket or trapped dirt. Check those things first before changing bearings. I did a busy year and a half of riding before needing new bearings but your milage may vary

Posted: Apr 27, 2018 at 1:45 Quote
Looks like the New Tues will drop this morning....

Posted: Apr 27, 2018 at 5:35 Quote
Richt2000 wrote:

Looks pretty sick and has some frame characteristics similar to the Capra. Also has the longer reach and more sizing options so it’s the jeffsy that’s lagging behind. I’m definitely interested to see what they do with it with the new treatment.

Posted: Apr 27, 2018 at 9:01 Quote
Jeff-Cu wrote:
Richt2000 wrote:

Looks pretty sick and has some frame characteristics similar to the Capra. Also has the longer reach and more sizing options so it’s the jeffsy that’s lagging behind. I’m definitely interested to see what they do with it with the new treatment.

I saw them at the Sea Otter last week and they look so much better in person than the glossy looking frame protected plasticy pics from the TUES article on PB today. Beautiful.

Posted: Apr 27, 2018 at 9:04 Quote
Jeff-Cu wrote:
Richt2000 wrote:

Yea if they revise the jeffsy 29 with 15mm more reach and lower the seatpost again, I will jump back in there too...

Posted: Apr 27, 2018 at 10:29 Quote
Richt2000 wrote:
Jeff-Cu wrote:
Richt2000 wrote:

Yea if they revise the jeffsy 29 with 15mm more reach and lower the seatpost again, I will jump back in there too...

The jeffsy was already a little more modern than the previous Capra with longer reach by height but I bet they’ll stretch it more and chop the seat tube. I wonder when it will be too.

Posted: Apr 27, 2018 at 10:38 Quote
Jeff-Cu wrote:
Richt2000 wrote:
Jeff-Cu wrote:

The jeffsy was already a little more modern than the previous Capra with longer reach by height but I bet they’ll stretch it more and chop the seat tube. I wonder when it will be too.

Also what the new one would look like because the Capra and Tues are some of the best looking around imo. Current jeffsy is not bad by any means either.

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2018 at 15:32 Quote
Agree on Jeffsy. I ride a large and the seat tube is annoyingly long (can only use a 125mm dropper). I would expect the 2019 might be changed although that's only 2 years of model life on the 27 molds... YT usually likes to do 3-4 years it seems.

Posted: Apr 28, 2018 at 0:04 Quote
gramboh wrote:
Agree on Jeffsy. I ride a large and the seat tube is annoyingly long (can only use a 125mm dropper). I would expect the 2019 might be changed although that's only 2 years of model life on the 27 molds... YT usually likes to do 3-4 years it seems.

The best thing about YT bikes was/is the price. Like you say banging out new models every two years will make them more expensive. Personally I see it going that based on how things are going in the WC, if they do the same in the EWS and keep the bro-culture good times brand alive I think they'll end up been one of the most desirable brands. That's gotta be tempting for them. As long as they keep a few cheap bikes for the young tallent (and me) I can see them taking over

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.025938
Mobile Version of Website